Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABC50
Description: ATP binding cassette subfamily F member 1
Alias: ABC27, ABC50, ATP-binding cassette sub-family F member 1, ATP-binding cassette 50 (TNF-alpha stimulated), ATP-binding cassette, sub-family F (GCN20), member 1, TNF-alpha-stimulated ABC protein, TNFalpha-inducible ATP-binding protein
- Wilcox S, Arora H, Munro L, Xin J, Fenninger F, Johnson L, et al. The role of the innate immune response regulatory gene ABCF1 in mammalian embryogenesis and development. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175918 pubmed publisher..Overall, Abcf1 expression in embryos is required for development and its expression in adults was highly correlated with actively proliferating and differentiating cell types. ..
- Guo F, Ding Y, Caberoy N, Alvarado G, Wang F, Chen R, et al. ABCF1 extrinsically regulates retinal pigment epithelial cell phagocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2311-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the new approach is broadly applicable to many other phagocytes and will enable systematic elucidation of their ligands to understand extrinsic regulation and cargo recognition. ..
- Stewart J, Cowan J, Perry L, Coldwell M, Proud C. ABC50 mutants modify translation start codon selection. Biochem J. 2015;467:217-29 pubmed publisherATP-binding cassette 50 (ABC50; also known as ABCF1) binds to eukaryotic initiation factor 2 (eIF2) and is required for efficient translation initiation...
- Liu Y, Chen Y, Wu H, Wang T, Tsai F. Single nucleotide polymorphisms at the PRR3, ABCF1, and GNL1 genes in the HLA class I region are associated with Graves' ophthalmopathy in a gender-dependent manner. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:2033-9 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether a conserved HLA class I region influenced the development of Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO) in patients with Graves' disease (GD) in a Taiwan-Chinese population...
- Hoh B, Sam S, Umi S, Mahiran M, Nik Khairudin N, Rafidah Hanim S, et al. A novel rare copy number variant of the ABCF1 gene identified among dengue fever patients from Peninsular Malaysia. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:980-5 pubmed publisher..Although the gene is suspected to regulate inflammatory responses and pathogen-induced cytokine storm, its relevance to dengue requires further investigation. ..
- Allikmets R, Gerrard B, Hutchinson A, Dean M. Characterization of the human ABC superfamily: isolation and mapping of 21 new genes using the expressed sequence tags database. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:1649-55 pubmed
- Hlavata I, Mohelnikova Duchonova B, Vaclavikova R, Liska V, Pitule P, Novak P, et al. The role of ABC transporters in progression and clinical outcome of colorectal cancer. Mutagenesis. 2012;27:187-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ABCC11 may be a promising candidate marker for a validation study on 5-FU therapy outcome...
- Nakabayashi K, Tajima A, Yamamoto K, Takahashi A, Hata K, Takashima Y, et al. Identification of independent risk loci for Graves' disease within the MHC in the Japanese population. J Hum Genet. 2011;56:772-8 pubmed publisher..Although causal variants remain to be identified, our results demonstrate the existence of multiple GD susceptibility loci within the MHC region. ..
- Paytubi S, Wang X, Lam Y, Izquierdo L, Hunter M, Jan E, et al. ABC50 promotes translation initiation in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:24061-73 pubmed publisherb>ABC50 is an ATP-binding cassette (ABC) protein, which, unlike most ABC proteins, does not possess membrane-spanning domains...
- Klein I, Sarkadi B, Varadi A. An inventory of the human ABC proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1461:237-62 pubmed..Mutations of many human ABC proteins are known to be causative in inherited diseases, and a short description of the molecular pathology of these ABC gene-related genetic diseases is also provided...
- Paladini F, Belfiore F, Cocco E, Carcassi C, Cauli A, Vacca A, et al. HLA-E gene polymorphism associates with ankylosing spondylitis in Sardinia. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R171 pubmed publisher..The strongest association however, is with the HLA-E functional polymorphism rs1264457. Since HLA-E is the ligand for the NKG2A receptor, these data point to the natural killer (NK) activity as possible player in the pathogenesis of AS. ..
- Li X, Li X, Liao D, Wang X, Wu Z, Nie J, et al. Elevated microRNA-23a Expression Enhances the Chemoresistance of Colorectal Cancer Cells with Microsatellite Instability to 5-Fluorouracil by Directly Targeting ABCF1. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2015;16:301-9 pubmed..These data demonstrated that miR-23a enhances 5-FU resistance in MSI CRC cells through targeting ABCF1 and thus provided important implications for therapeutic approaches aiming to overcome MSI CRC resistance to 5-FU. ..
- Paytubi S, Morrice N, Boudeau J, Proud C. The N-terminal region of ABC50 interacts with eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2 and is a target for regulatory phosphorylation by CK2. Biochem J. 2008;409:223-31 pubmedb>ABC50 is an ABC (ATP-binding cassette) protein which, unlike most ABC proteins, lacks membrane-spanning domains...
- You K, Li L, Kim N, Kang H, Koh K, Chwae Y, et al. Selective translational repression of truncated proteins from frameshift mutation-derived mRNAs in tumors. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e109 pubmed..Our findings suggest a novel mechanism of gene expression regulation for PTC-containing mRNAs in which the deleterious transcripts are regulated either by NMD or translational repression. ..
- Ota M, Katsuyama Y, Hamano H, Umemura T, Kimura A, Yoshizawa K, et al. Two critical genes (HLA-DRB1 and ABCF1)in the HLA region are associated with the susceptibility to autoimmune pancreatitis. Immunogenetics. 2007;59:45-52 pubmed..The two critical HLA regions for susceptibility to AIP are limited to the HLA-DRB1*0405-DQB1*0401 in the class II and the ABCF1 proximal to C3-2-11, telomeric of HLA-E, in the class I regions...
- Iida A, Saito S, Sekine A, Mishima C, Kitamura Y, Kondo K, et al. Catalog of 605 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) among 13 genes encoding human ATP-binding cassette transporters: ABCA4, ABCA7, ABCA8, ABCD1, ABCD3, ABCD4, ABCE1, ABCF1, ABCG1, ABCG2, ABCG4, ABCG5, and ABCG8. J Hum Genet. 2002;47:285-310 pubmed..The high-density SNP maps we constructed on the basis of these data should provide useful information for investigating associations between genetic variations and common diseases or responsiveness to drug therapy...
- Richard M, Drouin R, Beaulieu A. ABC50, a novel human ATP-binding cassette protein found in tumor necrosis factor-alpha-stimulated synoviocytes. Genomics. 1998;53:137-45 pubmed..The new gene, called ABC50, is the first human and mammalian ABC protein found to lack transmembrane domains...