Genomes and Genes
15 hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase
Gene Symbol: 15 hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase
Description: hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase 15-(NAD)
Alias: 15-PGDH, PGDH, PGDH1, PHOAR1, SDR36C1, 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase [NAD(+)], NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase, prostaglandin dehydrogenase 1, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 36C member 1
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Purification and structural characterization of placental NAD(+)-linked 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase. The primary structure reveals the enzyme to belong to the short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase familyM Krook
Department of Chemistry I, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochemistry 29:738-43. 1990..The protein has four cysteine residues (five with the positional microheterogeneity), but there is no evidence for functional importance of any of these residues.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase, a COX-2 oncogene antagonist, is a TGF-beta-induced suppressor of human gastrointestinal cancersMin Yan
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:17468-73. 2004..prostaglandin biogenesis pathway by ubiquitously abrogating expression of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), a prostaglandin-degrading enzyme that physiologically antagonizes COX-2...
- Key NAD+-binding residues in human 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenaseHoon Cho
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0082, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 433:447-53. 2005NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), a member of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR) family, catalyzes the first step in the catabolic pathways of prostaglandins and lipoxins, and is believed to be ..
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase is an in vivo suppressor of colon tumorigenesisSeung Jae Myung
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12098-102. 200615-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) is a prostaglandin-degrading enzyme that is highly expressed in normal colon mucosa but is ubiquitously lost in human colon cancers...
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase is a target of hepatocyte nuclear factor 3beta and a tumor suppressor in lung cancerGuosheng Huang
Department of Pathology, Division of Hematology Oncology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Cancer Res 68:5040-8. 2008..In a transcriptional profiling study using a conditional cell line system, we now identify 15-PGDH as one of the major genes induced by HNF3beta expression...
- Suppression of invasive properties of colorectal carcinoma SW480 cells by 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase geneMeining Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan City, People s Republic of China
Cancer Invest 26:905-12. 2008..NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), an enzyme involved in prostaglandin (including PGE(2)) bio-inactivation, is down-expressed in several epithelial ..
- Polymorphisms in fatty-acid-metabolism-related genes are associated with colorectal cancer riskBirgit Hoeft
German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 31:466-72. 2010..Our results support the key role of prostanoid signaling in colon carcinogenesis and suggest a relevance of genetic variation in fatty acid metabolism-related genes and CRC risk...
- Genetic variation in prostaglandin E2 synthesis and signaling, prostaglandin dehydrogenase, and the risk of colorectal adenomaElizabeth M Poole
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:547-57. 2010..Prostaglandins are metabolites of omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids; their biosynthesis is the primary target of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), which reduce colorectal neoplasia risk...
- Association of hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase 15-(NAD) (HPGD) variants and colorectal cancer riskBernd Frank
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 32:190-6. 2011..82, 95% CI = 0.70, 0.95, P = 0.01) as well as among smokers (OR = 0.74, 95% CI = 0.61, 0.90, P = 0.003). Yet, our data do not support the previously reported associations of HPGD tagSNPs and risk of CRC...
- Inhibition of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase by Helicobacter pylori in human gastric carcinogenesisYeon Mi Ryu
Asan Digestive Disease Research Institute and Asan Institute for Life Sciences, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:349-59. 2013..15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) plays a key role as a tumor suppressor in gastrointestinal cancers...
- Genetic variation in 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase and colon cancer susceptibilityCheryl L Thompson
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e64122. 201315-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) is a metabolic antagonist of COX-2, catalyzing the degradation of inflammation mediator prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and other prostanoids...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of the cDNA for human placental NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenaseC M Ensor
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0082
J Biol Chem 265:14888-91. 1990..4 kilobases and the other of 2.0 kilobases. Isolation of the cDNA for 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase should facilitate studies on the structure, function, and regulation of this enzyme...
- The human NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase gene promoter is controlled by Ets and activating protein-1 transcription factors and progesteroneK J Greenland
IHF Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, Germany
Endocrinology 141:581-97. 2000NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) is a key catabolic enzyme in the inactivation of PGF2alpha and PGE2 and therefore serves as an important determinant in regulating their local concentrations...
- Interleukin-10 modifies the effects of interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha on the activity and expression of prostaglandin H synthase-2 and the NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase in cultured term human villous trophoblast aF Pomini
Department of Physiology, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:4645-51. 1999..ribonucleic acid (mRNA) encoding PGH synthase-2 (PGHS-2) and NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) were quantified by Northern blotting, and PGE2 and 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF2alpha (PGFM) output in the medium was ..
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase protein expression in human fetal membranes with and without subclinical inflammationRose M Rizek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto and Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reprod Sci 14:260-9. 2007..15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH), localized primarily to chorion trophoblasts, is the key enzyme responsible for the metabolism of prostaglandins...
- Nutritional regulation of the activities of lipogenic enzymes of rat liver and brown adipose tissueM Boll
Abteilung Zellchemie, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, , Germany
Z Naturforsch C 51:859-69. 1996..1.1.40), glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH: EC 184.108.40.206) and 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGDH; EC 220.127.116.11) were investigated in liver and interscapular brown adipose tissue (BAT) of rats...
- Lipogenic enzymes of rat liver and adipose tissue. Dietary variations and effect of polychlorinated biphenylsM Boll
Abteilung Zellchemie, National Center for Environment and Health, , Germany
Z Naturforsch C 49:665-78. 1994..1.1.40), glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH; EC 18.104.22.168) and 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGDH; EC 1.1.1...
- Effect of calcium ionophore A23187 on prostaglandin synthase type 2 and 15-hydroxy-prostaglandin dehydrogenase expression in human chorion trophoblast cellsValentina Casciani
Center for Reproductive Medicine, European Hospital, Rome, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:554.e1-8. 2008..by the synthetic and metabolic enzymes, prostaglandin synthase type 2 (PTGS2) and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH). The role of calcium in regulating PTGS2 and PGDH expression was investigated in chorion trophoblasts.
- Purification and characterization of NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase from porcine kidneyO T Mak
Department of Biology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1035:190-6. 1990A NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-OH-PGDH) from porcine kidney was purified to homogeneity by acid precipitation, blue agarose affinity chromatography, hydroxyapatite-ultrogel adsorption chromatography, DEAE-..
- Cortisol/progesterone antagonism in regulation of 15-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity and mRNA levels in human chorion and placental trophoblast cells at termFalguni A Patel
Canadian Institutes for Health Research Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:700-8. 2002PGs mediate parturition events. 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) catalyzes the first step in the metabolism of PGs to render them inactive...
- A novel homozygous splice site mutation in the HPGD gene causes mild primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathyL Sinibaldi
CSS Mendel Institute, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:153-7. 2010..In order to expand this mutational spectrum and better delineate the HPGD-related phenotype, we report the clinical and molecular characterisation of a 13-year-old boy and compare his features to known mutated patients...
- The Preventive Effect of Calcitriol on Skin Squamous Cell Carcinoma May be Due to Its Effect on Prostaglandin E2 Metabolism and Biologic ActivityAmir Feily
Amir Feily, MD, Department of Dermatology Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahvaz, Iran
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 17:331-2. 2009..So, in conclusion, putting all these facts together, the inhibitory effect of calcitriol on PGE2 level and its biologic activity may be a novel mechanism for its probable SCC preventive effect...
- Evaluation of genes involved in prostaglandin action in equine endometrium during estrous cycle and early pregnancyMehmet O Atli
Department of OBGYN, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Anim Reprod Sci 122:124-32. 2010..An increase in HPGD and SLCO2A1 levels on P22 indicates a tight regulation of PTG action by pregnancy...
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) is up-regulated by flurbiprofen and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in human colon cancer HT29 cellsXiuling Chi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0082, United States
Arch Biochem Biophys 487:139-45. 2009..15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehyrogenase (15-PGDH), a key prostaglandin catabolic enzyme, was recently shown to be a tumor suppressor...
- Interleukin-4 up-regulates 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) in human lung cancer cellsXiuling Chi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0082, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:2251-9. 2010IL-4, an anti-inflammatory cytokine, was found to stimulate 15-PGDH activity in A549 and other lung cancer cells. Increase in 15-PGDH activity was due to increased transcription and decreased protein turnover of 15-PGDH...
- Expression of eicosanoid biosynthetic and catabolic enzymes in peritoneal endometriosisJ C Lousse
Department of Gynecology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 25:734-41. 2010..Here, we evaluated the expression of key biosynthetic and catabolic enzymes involved in this abnormal eicosanoid production in peritoneal macrophages and endometriotic lesions...
- Isolation and partial characterization of a full-length cDNA clone for 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: a potential target enzyme for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugsJ Pawlowski
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084
Agents Actions 34:289-93. 1991..These findings support the role 3 alpha-HSD in inflammation and suggest that hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases, hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenases and prostaglandin F2 alpha synthase may be members of a common gene family...
- Tissue-selective regulation of aromatase expression by calcitriol: implications for breast cancer therapyAruna V Krishnan
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, California 94305 5103, USA
Endocrinology 151:32-42. 2010....
- Common and recurrent HPGD mutations in Caucasian individuals with primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathyChristine P Diggle
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:1056-62. 2010..Only two of these families were of European origin. We wished to determine the role of HPGD in causing PHO in non-consanguineous European families...
- Cyclooxygenase-2-derived prostaglandin E2 activates beta-catenin in human cholangiocarcinoma cells: evidence for inhibition of these signaling pathways by omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acidsKyu Lim
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Cancer Res 68:553-60. 2008..Thus, utilization of omega 3-PUFAs may represent an effective and safe therapeutic approach for the chemoprevention and treatment of human cholangiocarcinoma...
- Mechanical loading highly increases IL-6 production and decreases OPG expression by osteoblastsC Sanchez
Bone and Cartilage Metabolism Research Unit, University of Liege, Belgium
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:473-81. 2009..The aim of this study was to develop on original compression model for studying the effect of mechanical stress on osteoblasts...
- Cloning and sequencing of the cDNA for rat liver 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid/dihydrodiol dehydrogenaseJ E Pawlowski
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6084
J Biol Chem 266:8820-5. 1991..M., Abrams, W. R., and Pawlowski, J. E. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266, 8826-8834]. The sequence data presented suggests that 3 alpha-HSD, prostaglandin F synthase, and aldehyde/aldose reductases are members of a common gene family...
- Regulation of placental 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase activity by obstetric drugsK Nagai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Prostaglandins Leukot Med 29:165-73. 1987..Inhibitory and stimulatory effects of these drugs suggested that they could directly regulate uterine activity and also indirectly influence the uterus due to their effects on prostaglandin catabolism in vivo...
- Structure and function of steroid dehydrogenases involved in hypertension, fertility, and cancerW L Duax
Hauptman Woodward Medical Research Institute, Buffalo, New York 4203, USA
Steroids 62:95-100. 1997..When the alpha-carbon backbone of the cofactor binding domains of the five structures are superimposed, the conserved residues are at the core of the structure and in the cofactor binding domain, but not in the substrate binding pocket...
- The role of prostaglandins in human parturitionW Gibb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Ann Med 30:235-41. 1998..Prostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) activity decreases in certain cases of preterm labour, and at term it decreases in the area of the chorion laeve ..
- Renal localization and regulation of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenaseBing Yao
Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F433-9. 2008..The current studies report the expression and localization of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), a key enzyme in prostaglandin catabolism in the kidneys...
- Thiamine transporter gene expression and exogenous thiamine modulate the expression of genes involved in drug and prostaglandin metabolism in breast cancer cellsShuqian Liu
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Mol Cancer Res 2:477-87. 2004..5-fold in the transfected cells: cytochrome P450 isoform CYP4B1, 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), and transcription factor CRIP1...
- Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis and actions by genistein in human prostate cancer cells and by soy isoflavones in prostate cancer patientsSrilatha Swami
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5103, USA
Int J Cancer 124:2050-9. 2009..LNCaP and PC-3) and primary prostate epithelial cells and increased 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) mRNA levels in primary prostate cells...
- 15-oxo-Eicosatetraenoic acid, a metabolite of macrophage 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase that inhibits endothelial cell proliferationCong Wei
Center for Cancer Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6160, USA
Mol Pharmacol 76:516-25. 2009..acid (15-oxo-ETE) as a product from rabbit lung 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH)-mediated oxidation of 15(S)-hydroperoxy-5,8,11,13-(Z,Z,Z,E)-eicosatetraenoic acid was first reported more than 30 ..
- Apocrine cysts of the breast: biomarkers, origin, enlargement, and relation with cancer phenotypeJulio E Celis
Danish Centre for Translational Breast Cancer Research DCTB, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:462-83. 2006....
- HGF/Met signalling promotes PGE(2) biogenesis via regulation of COX-2 and 15-PGDH expression in colorectal cancer cellsAmy E Moore
Cancer Research UK Colorectal Tumour Biology Group, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol, UK
Carcinogenesis 30:1796-804. 2009..mediated by the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), has also been shown to promote tumoral PGE(2) accumulation...
- Expression of vitamin D receptor (VDR), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) in benign and malignant ovarian tissue and 25-hydroxycholecalciferol (25(OH2)D3) and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) serum level in ovarian cancerMarc Thill
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 121:387-90. 2010..aimed to evaluate the expression of the PG metabolising enzymes COX-2 and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) compared to the vitamin D receptor (VDR) in benign and malignant ovarian tissues...
- Bacterially-induced preterm labor and regulation of prostaglandin-metabolizing enzyme expression in mice: the role of toll-like receptor 4Hao Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
Biol Reprod 69:1957-63. 2003..expression of prostaglandin synthase (cyclooxygenase [COX]-1 and COX-2) and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) following exposure to heat-killed Escherichia coli (HKE) in pregnant mice...
- Differential regulation of prostaglandin production mediated by corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor type 1 and type 2 in cultured human placental trophoblastsLu Gao
Department of Physiology, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Endocrinology 149:2866-76. 2008..and cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 and increased mRNA and protein expression of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH), the key enzyme of PG metabolism...
- Characterization of the genomic structure and promoter of the mouse NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase geneM Matsuo
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0082, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 235:582-6. 1997The mouse NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) gene and its 5'-flanking region was cloned from a 129 mouse ES bacteriophage P1 genomic library. The gene contains 7 exons and 6 introns and is 11.3 kb in length...
- Lipid mediators: lipoxin and aspirin-triggered 15-epi-lipoxinsMario Romano
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Aging Research Center, Ce S I, Gabriele D Annunzio University Foundation, Via dei Vestini, 31, 66013, Chieti, Italy
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 5:81-90. 2006..LX and ATL are rapidly metabolized and inactivated by monocyte 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH). A number of stable analogs that resist inactivation and retain biological activity has been synthesized...
- 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase is a tumor suppressor of human breast cancerIdo Wolf
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Cancer Res 66:7818-23. 2006..Little is known about the role of the key prostaglandin catabolic enzyme 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) in breast cancer pathogenesis...
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase suppresses K-RasV12-dependent tumor formation in Nu/Nu miceHung Pham
Department of Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Mol Carcinog 47:466-77. 2008..15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) degrades PGE(2) and is down-regulated in colorectal cancer, suggesting that PGDH plays a role in regulating PGE(2) ..
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase in the bovine endometrium during the oestrous cycle and early pregnancyMarianne Parent
Unité de Recherche en Ontogénie et Reproduction Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec and Département d Obstétrique et Gynécologie, and Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Québec G1V 1K3, Canada
Reproduction 131:573-82. 2006..and thus the onsite degradation by enzymes such as 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (HPGD), also known as 15-PGDH, is another factor to consider in the regulation of physiological action...
- Loss of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase increases prostaglandin E2 in pancreatic tumorsHung Pham
Department of Medicine, Hirshberg Laboratories for Pancreatic Cancer Research, and David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1786, USA
Pancreas 39:332-9. 2010..a product of cyclooxygenase (COX) and PGE synthase (PGES) and deactivated by 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH)...
- Cloning and expression of the cDNA for rat NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenaseH Zhang
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0082, USA
Gene 188:41-4. 1997The cDNA for rat NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) was cloned from an intestinal cDNA library...
- Decreased expression of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase in gastric carcinomasTae Jung Jang
Department of Pathology, Dongguk University College of Medicine, 707 Sukjang dong, Kyongju, Kyongbuk 780 714, Korea
Yonsei Med J 49:917-22. 2008..However, little is known about the expression of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), the key enzyme responsible for the biological inactivation of PG, in gastric carcinomas.
- Synthesis and SAR of thiazolidinedione derivatives as 15-PGDH inhibitorsYing Wu
Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Chosun University, Gwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem 18:1428-33. 2010..catalyzed by a cytosolic enzyme known as NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH). Previously, CT-8, a thiazolidinedione analogue, was found to be a potent inhibitor of 15-PGDH...
- UV radiation inhibits 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase levels in human skin: evidence of transcriptional suppressionBenjamin L Judson
Department of Medicine and Weill Cornell Cancer Center, 525 East 68th Street, Room F 206, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:1104-11. 2010..15-Hydroxyprostaglandin deyhdrogenase (15-PGDH), a tumor suppressor gene, plays a major role in PG catabolism...
- The cyclooxygenase-2-mediated prostaglandin signaling is causally related to epithelial carcinogenesisKarin Muller-Decker
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum Heidelberg, Eicosanoids and Tumor Development, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Carcinog 46:705-10. 2007..On the other hand, 15-hydroxy-prostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), which is involved in the degradation pathway of PG including PGE(2,) thus counteracting the activities of COX-2 ..
- Hematopoietic prostaglandin D2 synthase controls the onset and resolution of acute inflammation through PGD2 and 15-deoxyDelta12 14 PGJ2Ravindra Rajakariar
Department of Experimental Medicine, Nephrology, and Critical Care, William Harvey Research Institute, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20979-84. 2007..Here, we provide definitive proof that 15d-PGJ(2) is synthesized during mammalian inflammatory responses, and we highlight DP1 receptor activation as a potential antiinflammatory strategy...
- Biochemical pathogenesis of aspirin exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD)Arun Narayanankutty
Department of Immunoallergy and Asthma, Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias Ismael Cosio Villegas, Calzada de Tlalpan 4502, Col Seccion XVI, Delegacion Tlalpan, C P 14080, Mexico
Clin Biochem 46:566-78. 2013..Underproduced PGE2 is metabolized by overexpression of 15 prostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) to inactive products further reducing PGE2 at real time...
- 15-Oxoeicosatetraenoic acid is a 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase-derived electrophilic mediator of inflammatory signaling pathwaysNathaniel W Snyder
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Pharmacology and Center of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Chem Biol Interact 234:144-53. 2015..This work demonstrates that 15PGDH plays a role in the regulation of cell and tissue homeostasis via the production of electrophilic fatty acid signaling mediators. ..
- Transcriptome comparisons identify new cell markers for theca interna and granulosa cells from small and large antral ovarian folliclesNicholas Hatzirodos
Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, Robinson Research Institute, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, 5005, Australia
PLoS ONE 10:e0119800. 2015..Many of these were stromal extracellular matrix genes. MGARP, GLDC, CHST8, GPX3 were identified as new potential markers for granulosa cells, while FBLN5, OGN, RAMP2 were significantly elevated in the theca interna. ..
- OATP2A1/SLCO2A1-mediated prostaglandin E2 loading into intracellular acidic compartments of macrophages contributes to exocytotic secretionHiroaki Shimada
Department of Membrane Transport and Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 98:629-38. 2015..Expression of Cox-2 and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-Pgdh) was unchanged between PMs from Slco2a1(-/-) and WT mice...
- Upregulation of Cyclooxygenase-2/Prostaglandin E2 (COX-2/PGE2) Pathway Member Multiple Drug Resistance-Associated Protein 4 (MRP4) and Downregulation of Prostaglandin Transporter (PGT) and 15-Prostaglandin Dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) in Triple-Negative BreastTyler J Kochel
Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Breast Cancer (Auckl) 10:61-70. 2016..PGE2 is imported via the prostaglandin transporter (PGT) and metabolized by 15-prostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH/HPGD)...
- Sheep 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase. Revised protein sequence based upon the sequences of cDNA clones obtained with the polymerase chain reactionD O Somers
M R C Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, U K
Biochem J 288:1061-7. 1992Sheep liver 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6-PGDH) is an enzyme of the pentose phosphate pathway...
- Monoclonal antibodies that inhibit the enzyme activity of NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenaseC L Tai
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Ketucky, Lexington 40536 0082
Biochem J 267:75-8. 1990..lines secreting antibodies against human placental NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-OH-PGDH) were produced...
- Prostaglandin catabolism in fetal and maternal tissues--a study of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase and delta 13 reductase with specific assay methodsM Y Tsai
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 38:25-30. 1989..Earlier studies of enzymes involved in the catabolism of PGE2 such as 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) and delta 13 reductase all used non-specific methods...
- Effects of Fe(2+), Zn(2+), Cu(2+) and Se(4+) on the synthesis and catabolism of prostaglandins in rabbit gastric antral mucosaS Sakuma
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kawai, Matsubara, Osaka, Japan
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 54:193-7. 1996..suppressed the endoperoxide E(2) isomerase activity in the microsomal fraction and the 15-hydroxy PG dehydrogenase (PGDH) activity in the cytosolic fraction...
- Local modulation by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase of glucocorticoid effects on the activity of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase in human chorion and placental trophoblast cellsF A Patel
University of Toronto, Department of Physiology, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:395-400. 1999NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxy-PG dehydrogenase (PGDH) is the major enzyme involved in the initial inactivation of PGs, and its activity is reduced by glucocorticoids, cortisol (F), and dexamethasone (DEX)...
- Hypomyelination and reversible white matter attenuation in 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase deficiencyT J de Koning
Department of Pediatric Metabolic Diseases, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neuropediatrics 31:287-92. 2000..were found in plasma and CSF and were due to a deficiency of the enzyme 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (3-PGDH)...
- Identification of dual cyclooxygenase-eicosanoid oxidoreductase inhibitors: NSAIDs that inhibit PG-LX reductase/LTB(4) dehydrogenaseC B Clish
Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:868-74. 2001..These autacoids are rapidly inactivated by specific enzymes such as 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) and 15-oxoprostaglandin 13-reductase/leukotriene B(4) 12-hydroxydehydrogenase (PGR/LTB(4)DH) that act on main ..
- Inhibition of NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) by cyclooxygenase inhibitors and chemopreventive agentsH Cho
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0082, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 67:461-5. 200215-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) catalyzes NAD(+)-dependent oxidation of 15(S)-hydroxyl group of prostaglandins and has been considered a key enzyme involved in biological inactivation of prostaglandins...
- D-3-Phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a link between the Escherichia coli and mammalian enzymesSanghamitra Dey
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
J Biol Chem 280:14884-91. 2005D-3-Phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (PGDH) from Mycobacterium tuberculosis has been isolated to homogeneity and displays an unusual relationship to the Escherichia coli and mammalian enzymes. In almost all aspects investigated, the M...
- Effects of excess corticosterone on NADPH generating enzymes and glucose oxidation in Leydig cells of adult ratsT Subramanian Kavitha
Department of Endocrinology, Dr ALM Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani, Chennai 600 113, Tamil Nadu, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:119-25. 2006..Leydig cellular 14C-glucose oxidation and the specific activities of 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6-PGDH), NADP-isocitrate dehydrogenase (ICDH) and malic enzyme were significantly decreased in corticosterone-treated rats...
- Eicosanoid imbalance in the NOD mouse is related to a dysregulation in soluble epoxide hydrolase and 15-PGDH expressionMichelle Rodriguez
Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Road No D11 41, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1079:130-4. 2006..expression and low levels of prostaglandin/leukotriene catabolic enzyme, 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH)...
- Loss of prostaglandin E2 release from immortalized urothelial cells obtained from interstitial cystitis patient bladdersPrerna Rastogi
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Doisy Research Bldg, 3rd Floor, 1110 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F1129-35. 2008..Since PGE(2) is a cytoprotective eicosanoid, the failure to produce this metabolite in cells isolated from the IC bladder may represent an increased susceptibility to damage by proinfammatory stimuli...
- [Role of prostaglandins in colon cancer]Seung Jae Myung
Division of Gastroenterology, Asan Digestive Disease Research Institute, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 51:274-9. 2008..Thus, new targets involved in PGs metabolism are under investigation. 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), a key metabolic enzyme of PGE2, was up-regulated in normal colonic epithelium, but decreased in colon cancer...
- Gene expression profiling reveals putative HOXA10 downstream targets in the periimplantation mouse uterusDanielle Vitiello
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Reprod Sci 15:529-35. 2008..Examples included clusterin (Clu), phoshoglycerate 3-dehydrogenase (3-Pgdh), and tumor-associated calcium signal transducer 2 (Tacstd2)...
- Regulation of prostaglandin transporters in colorectal neoplasiaVijaykumar R Holla
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 118, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 1:93-9. 2008..from the extracellular milieu by transporting it into the cell, where 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) then oxidizes PGE(2) into 15-keto PGE(2)...
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase inactivation as a mechanism of resistance to celecoxib chemoprevention of colon tumorsMin Yan
Department of Medicine and Pathology, Ireland Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University and Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9409-13. 2009..of the COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib requires the concomitant presence of the 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) tumor suppressor gene, and that loss of 15-PGDH expression imparts resistance to celecoxib's anti-tumor effects...
- Fatal cerebral edema associated with serine deficiency in CSFIrene M L W Keularts
Laboratory for Biochemical Genetics, Dept Clinical Genetics, Maastricht University Medical Center, P Debyelaan 25, 6229 HX Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Inherit Metab Dis 33:S181-5. 2010..both in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) comparable to patients with 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (3-PGDH) deficiency. Clinical symptoms and enzyme measurement (in one patient) excluded 3-PGDH deficiency...
- High-affinity inhibitors of human NAD-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase: mechanisms of inhibition and structure-activity relationshipsFrank H Niesen
Structural Genomics Consortium, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e13719. 201015-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH, EC 22.214.171.124) is the key enzyme for the inactivation of prostaglandins, regulating processes such as inflammation or proliferation...
- Macrophages programmed by apoptotic cells promote angiogenesis via prostaglandin E2Kerstin Brecht
Goethe University, Institute of Biochemistry, Frankfurt, Germany
FASEB J 25:2408-17. 2011..E synthase-1 (mPGES1), while down-regulating the PGE(2)-degrading enzyme 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) or prostaglandin-D synthase (PGDS)...
- 15-PGDH is reduced and induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in gastric carcinomaLi Hong Lou
International Medical Care Center, Shanghai First People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200080, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:1028-37. 2012To investigate the expression of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) in human gastric cancer and it's mechanism in apoptosis and cell cycle arrest.
- 5-aminosalicylic acid mediates expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase to suppress colorectal tumorigenesisJun Miyoshi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Anticancer Res 32:1193-202. 2012..In addition, recent researches focused on 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), which degrades PGE2...
- Thiazolidinediones : A class of pharmacologically important moleculesSainath B Aher
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Sinhgad Institute of Pharmacy, Pune MS India
Mini Rev Med Chem . 2013..activities like antihyperglycemic, anticancer, aldose reductase (ALR) inhibition, anti-inflammatory, PGDH inhibition, Keratin pigmentation, antioxidant and antimicrobial activity...
- Biosynthesis and degradation of canine placental prostaglandins: prepartum changes in expression and function of prostaglandin F2α-synthase (PGFS, AKR1C3) and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (HPGD)Aykut Gram
Institute of Veterinary Anatomy, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, Zurich, Switzerland
Biol Reprod 89:2. 2013..The colocalization of HPGD with PGFS (AKR1C3) expression suggests a modulatory role for HPGD as a gatekeeper of the supply of prostaglandin in the pregnant canine uterus. ..
- Endocrine gland-derived endothelial growth factor (EG-VEGF) is a potential novel regulator of human parturitionC Dunand
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U1036, Grenoble, France Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Grenoble Hospital, Grenoble, France Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France
Biol Reprod 91:73. 2014..explants collected from nonlaboring patients, EG-VEGF decreased metalloproteinase-2 and -9 activities and increased PGDH (prostaglandin-metabolizing enzyme) expression...
- Expression of PGDH correlates with cell growth in both esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinomaGuo tao Yang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16:997-1000. 2015..Reconstitution of PGDH expression in esophageal cancer cells suppresses cancer cell growth, at least in part through preventing cell ..
- Atypical expression of circadian clock genes in denervated mouse skeletal muscleReiko Nakao
Biological Clock Research Group, Biomedical Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Chronobiol Int 32:486-96. 2015..Our findings revealed that sciatic denervation disrupts the circadian expression of clock and clock-controlled genes either directly or indirectly via muscle atrophy in the gastrocnemius muscles of mice in a gene-specific manner. ..
- Sonic hedgehog inhibitors prevent colitis-associated cancer via orchestrated mechanisms of IL-6/gp130 inhibition, 15-PGDH induction, Bcl-2 abrogation, and tumorsphere inhibitionNapapan Kangwan
CHA Cancer Prevention Research Center, CHA Cancer Institute, CHA University, Seongnam, Korea
Oncotarget 7:7667-82. 2016....
- Bacterial Cysteine-Inducible Cysteine Resistance SystemsKazuhiro Takumi
Research Institute for Bioscience Products and Fine Chemicals, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
J Bacteriol 198:1384-92. 2016..by feedback inhibition of the activities of serine acetyltransferase (SAT) and 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (3-PGDH) and is also regulated at the transcriptional level by inducing the cysteine regulon using the master regulator ..
- Non-canonical WNT5A signaling up-regulates the expression of the tumor suppressor 15-PGDH and induces differentiation of colon cancer cellsLubna M Mehdawi
Department of Translational Medicine, Division of Cell and Experimental Pathology, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University, Sweden
Mol Oncol 10:1415-1429. 2016The tumor suppressor 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) is the key enzyme in prostaglandin E2 catabolism and is down-regulated in colorectal cancer (CRC) tissue...
- Is the combination of COX-2 inhibitor and calcitriol a new chemopreventive approach to decrease the incidence of breast cancer?M Thill
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, HELIOS Klinikum Krefeld, Krefeld, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:e11103. 2011..COX-2 is a potential molecular prognostic factor for breast cancer and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) is described as a tumour suppressor in cancer...
- C-Terminal region of human NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase is involved in the interaction with prostaglandin substratesH Zhou
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0082, USA
Eur J Biochem 268:3368-74. 2001NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) catalyzes the oxidation of the 15(S) hydroxyl group of prostaglandins to a 15-keto group resulting in a significant reduction of the biological activities of prostaglandins...
- Antiprogestins as a model for progesterone withdrawalHilary O D Critchley
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, Chancellor s Building, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, Scotland, UK
Steroids 68:1061-8. 2003..similar to those that precede spontaneous menstruation including up-regulation of COX-2 and down-regulation of PGDH. Administration of antagonists of progesterone provide an excellent model to study the mechanisms involved in ..
- Synergistic induction of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-linked 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase by an androgen and interleukin-6 or forskolin in human prostate cancer cellsMin Tong
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0082, USA
Endocrinology 145:2141-7. 2004The nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) catalyzes the oxidation of 15 (S)-hydroxyl group of prostaglandins and lipoxins and participates along with cyclooxygenases and lipoxygenases ..
- Prostaglandin E2 as a mediator of fever: synthesis and catabolismAndrei I Ivanov
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Front Biosci 9:1977-93. 2004..organic anion transporter (MOAT); the two principal PGE2-inactivating enzymes are 15-hydroxy-PG dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) and carbonyl reductase (CR). Our data [Ivanov A. I. et al...
- Natural hybridization between a deciduous (Nothofagus antarctica, Nothofagaceae) and an evergreen (N. dombeyi) forest tree species: evidence from morphological and isoenzymatic traitsM Stecconi
Departamento de Botanica, Centro Regional Universitario Bariloche, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Quintral 1250, 8400 Bariloche, Argentina
Ann Bot 94:775-86. 2004..Forster) Oersted and the evergreen N. dombeyi (Mirb.) Oersted (Nothofagaceae) were found in natural stands. The hybridization between a deciduous and an evergreen species of Nothofagus has not been reported so far in natural communities...
- 15-Hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase is down-regulated in colorectal cancerMichael G Backlund
Department of Medicine, Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and the Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6838, USA
J Biol Chem 280:3217-23. 2005..Enzymatic degradation of PGE2 involves the NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH)...
- Molecular pathology of breast apocrine carcinomas: a protein expression signature specific for benign apocrine metaplasiaJulio E Celis
Danish Centre for Translational Breast Cancer Research DCTB, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
FEBS Lett 580:2935-44. 2006..tissue, and breast tumours have identified specific apocrine biomarkers [15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) and hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase (HMG-CoA reductase)] present in early and advanced apocrine lesions...
- Calcitriol and genistein actions to inhibit the prostaglandin pathway: potential combination therapy to treat prostate cancerSrilatha Swami
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Nutr 137:205S-210S. 2007..ways: by decreasing cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression, stimulating 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) expression, and decreasing EP (PGE2) and FP (PGF(2alpha)) receptors...
- Inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling elevates 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase in non-small-cell lung cancerLi Yang
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Cancer Res 67:5587-93. 2007..concentrations also depend upon the levels of the PGE2 catabolic enzyme 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH)...
- Molecular and functional characterization of D-3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase in the serine biosynthetic pathway of the hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus tokodaiiYasuhiro Shimizu
Microbial Genetics Division, Institute of Genetic Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, 6 10 1 Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 470:120-8. 2008A gene (ST1218) encoding a D-3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (PGDH; EC 1.1.1...
- Michael L Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed studies build on our recent discoveries that PGDH (NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase), a key enzyme involved in metabolic inactivation of ..
- JOHN JAMES LETTERIO; Fiscal Year: 2016..The prostaglandin (PG) degrading enzyme 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), functions as an endogenous inhibitor of the colonic COX-2 pathway and as a colon tumor suppressor gene...
- INHIBITION OF 3A HSD BY ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGSTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 1991..These studies may provide information for a rational approach to the design of superior antiinflammatory drugs...
- MECHANISMS FOR CHEMOPREVENTION OF COLORECTAL CANCERMichael Backlund; Fiscal Year: 2007..targets for chemopreventative agents that modulate PGE2 levels include 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH), which enzymatically degrades PGE2, and/or the prostaglandin transporter (PGT), which facilitates PGE2-movement ..
- CHEMISTRY OF FOLATE AND PTERIDINE COENZYMESJOHN WHITELEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..human 3-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase delta-5,4-isomerase (3-beta-HSD), 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH), sepiapterin reductase ((SPR) and a PTR1 protein from Leischmania) and using structural and mechanistic results ..
- Genetic Study of Prostaglandin Synthesis/EGFR and Risk of Colorectal NeoplasiaCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENZYMES IN EICOSANOID METABOLISMHsin Hsiung Tai; Fiscal Year: 2004..Prostaglandins are catabolized first by NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) followed by delta13-15-ketoprostaglandin reductase (13-PGR) resulting in inactive metabolites...
- Harvey J Murff; Fiscal Year: 2014..Secondary endpoints will include rectal epithelial cell expression of COX-2 and 15-PGDH, rectal cell production of PGE2 and PGE3, rectal mucosal tissue levels of fatty acids, and changes in biomarkers of ..
- ANDREW JESS DANNENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2015..In SA2, we will evaluate whether COX- 1, mPGES-1 or 15-PGDH, enzymes involved in the synthesis or catabolism of PGE2, are determinants of aromatase expression and activity in ..
- Inflammatory Biomarkers and Colorectal Cancer RiskGong Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Genomic DNA will be assayed for polymorphisms in genes involved in PGE2 production (PTGS2, PTGES), metabolism (15-PGDH), and signaling (PTGER1-PTGER4)...
- CROSS CULTURAL STUDY OF LUNG CANCER RISK AND INFLAMMATORY PATHWAY SNPSQiuyin Cai; Fiscal Year: 2011..polymorphisms of the genes involved in prostaglandin synthesis (PTGS2, PTGS1, PTGES, and PTGIS) and metabolism (15-PGDH)...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF THE LUNG PGDHRichard Okita; Fiscal Year: 1991The NAD+-dependent prostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) catalyzes the oxidation of the 15-hydroxyl group of prostaglandins of the E and F series. This reaction represents the major route of inactivation for these reactive compounds...
- Sanford D Markowitz; Fiscal Year: 2016..to Gl cancers and include studies of: the predictive, prognostic, and therapeutic applications of the new 15-PGDH colon cancer suppressor pathway (Project 1, Drs...
- MOLECULAR STRUCTURE OF STEROIDSWilliam Duax; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- PGE2 in the Pathogenesis of Allergic Airway DiseaseBeverly Koller; Fiscal Year: 2009..At least 1 enzyme responsible for in vivo metabolism of PGE2, 15-prostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH), has been identified...
- TETHERED DOMAINS AS REGULATORY ELEMENTSGregory Grant; Fiscal Year: 2009..tuberculosis PGDH that may function in conjunction with the ACT domain, 3) determine the structure and function of human PGDH, and 4) ..
- PROSTAGLANDINS IN PRIMATE OVULATORY FOLLICLESDIANE DUFFY; Fiscal Year: 2003..This may provide insight into the mechanisms leading to infertility (e.g., leuteinized unruptured follice syndrome) and support the developoment of PG synthesis inhibitors of PG synthesis inhibitors for use as contraceptives. ..
- Polarized DC as Melanoma Vaccine: Phase 1 EvaluationPawel Kalinski; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- COX-2 Inhibitors, APC and Colon Cancer PreventionKotha Subbaramaiah; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will enhance our understanding of the mechanistic link between COX-2 and colorectal cancer and potentially assist us in optimizing the use of selective COX-2 inhibitors as therapy. ..
- Regulation of DC Activity by Memory and Effector CD8+ T CellsPawel Kalinski; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CELL SUBPOPULATIONS IN THE PRIMATE CORPUS LUTEUMRichard Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2001..Overall, the proposed research may have relevance to an understanding of certain ovarian disorders such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and luteal phase defects where microvasculature growth may be disrupted. ..
- PATHOGENEISIS OF CYSTIC FIBROSIS IN THE GI SYSTEMROBERT DE LISLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Pathology and Muclin expression will be compared in CF mice, and CF mice crossed with gastrin deficient mice (lack gastric acid secretion) to normalize intestinal Ph. ..