Gene Symbol: GCY1
- Functional genomic studies of aldo-keto reductasesJ M Petrash
Departments of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences and of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8096, MO 63110, St Louis, USA
Chem Biol Interact 130:673-83. 2001..Ongoing studies are aimed at characterizing the phenotypes of yeast strains containing single and multiple knockouts of the AR-like genes...
- Putative xylose and arabinose reductases in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeK L Träff
Department of Applied Microbiology, Lund University, PO Box 124, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Yeast 19:1233-41. 2002..cerevisiae. Both the D-xylose reductase and the L-arabinose reductase activities exclusively used NADPH as co-factor...
- Intracellular glycerol influences resistance to freeze stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: analysis of a quadruple mutant in glycerol dehydrogenase genes and glycerol-enriched cellsShingo Izawa
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 66:108-14. 2004..Through analysis of a quadruple-knockout mutant of glycerol dehydrogenase genes (ara1 Delta gcy1 Delta gre3 Delta ypr1 Delta) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, we revealed that the decrease in glycerol dehydrogenase ..
- Functional studies of aldo-keto reductases in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeQing Chang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue Campus Box 8096, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:321-9. 2007..These results suggest that multiple aldo-keto reductases fulfill functionally redundant roles in the stress response in yeast...
- Disruption of aldo-keto reductase genes leads to elevated markers of oxidative stress and inositol auxotrophy in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeQing Chang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 3018, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:237-45. 2008..Taken together, these results suggest potential roles for AKRs in oxidative defense and transcriptional regulation...
- Reaction and strain engineering for improved stereo-selective whole-cell reduction of a bicyclic diketoneTed Johanson
Department of Applied Microbiology, Lund University, P O Box 124, SE 22100, Lund, Sweden
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:1111-8. 2008....
- Metabolic and regulatory changes associated with growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiae in 1.4 M NaCl. Evidence for osmotic induction of glycerol dissimilation via the dihydroxyacetone pathwayJ Norbeck
Department of General and Marine Microbiology, Goteborg University, Medicinaregatan 9 C, 413 90 Goteborg, Sweden
J Biol Chem 272:5544-54. 1997..encoding the two enzymes involved; dihydroxyacetone kinase (DAK1 and DAK2) and glycerol dehydrogenase (YPR1 and GCY1). The GPD1, GPP2, GCY1, DAK1, and ENO1 genes all displayed a halometric increase in the amount of transcript...
- Crystallization and aldo-keto reductase activity of Gcy1p from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeE Hur
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 56:763-5. 2000..Additionally, a kinetic study performed by measuring the rate of oxidation of NADPH in the presence of several substrates indicates that both wild-type and double-mutant proteins are enzymes possessing NADPH-dependent reductase activity...
- Aldose Reductade and Diabetic Eye DiseaseJ Petrash; Fiscal Year: 2006..Similar comparisons will be made for lens transparency to determine the influence of individual AKR genes on diabetic cataract. ..