Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: zfh1
Description: Zn finger homeodomain 1
Alias: CG1322, Dmel\CG1322, ZFH-1, ZFH1, Zfh-1, Zfh1, Zfh1a, l(3)00865, zfh-1, zfl-1, zhf1, Zn finger homeodomain 1, CG1322-PA, CG1322-PB, CG1322-PE, Zinc-finger homeodomain protein 1, Zn homeodomain 1, zfh1-PA, zfh1-PB, zfh1-PE, zinc finger homeodomain 1, zinc finger homeodomain protein-1, zinc finger homeodomain-1, zinc-finger homeobox gene, zinc-finger homeodomain1
Species: fruit fly
- Van Doren M, Mathews W, Samuels M, Moore L, Broihier H, Lehmann R. fear of intimacy encodes a novel transmembrane protein required for gonad morphogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 2003;130:2355-64 pubmed..Our findings that FOI is a cell-surface protein required in the mesoderm for gonad morphogenesis shed light on the function of this new family of proteins and on the molecular mechanisms of organogenesis. ..
- DeFalco T, Verney G, Jenkins A, McCaffery J, Russell S, Van Doren M. Sex-specific apoptosis regulates sexual dimorphism in the Drosophila embryonic gonad. Dev Cell. 2003;5:205-16 pubmed..Our work furthers the hypotheses that a conserved pathway controls gonad sexual dimorphism in diverse species and that sex-specific cell recruitment and programmed cell death are common mechanisms for creating sexual dimorphism. ..
- Flaherty M, Salis P, Evans C, Ekas L, Marouf A, Zavadil J, et al. chinmo is a functional effector of the JAK/STAT pathway that regulates eye development, tumor formation, and stem cell self-renewal in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2010;18:556-68 pubmed publisher..Like hyperactivated Stat92E, Chinmo misexpression in CySCs is sufficient to maintain GSCs nonautonomously. Chinmo is therefore a key effector of JAK/STAT signaling in a variety of developmental and pathological contexts. ..
- Ward E, Skeath J. Characterization of a novel subset of cardiac cells and their progenitors in the Drosophila embryo. Development. 2000;127:4959-69 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that numb and sanpodo mediate the asymmetric divisions of the two mixed-lineage heart progenitors noted above. ..
- Monk A, Siddall N, Volk T, Fraser B, Quinn L, McLaughlin E, et al. HOW is required for stem cell maintenance in the Drosophila testis and for the onset of transit-amplifying divisions. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;6:348-60 pubmed publisher..Spatiotemporal regulation of HOW expression is therefore required to specify the four spermatogonial transit-amplifying divisions. ..
- Bodmer R. The gene tinman is required for specification of the heart and visceral muscles in Drosophila. Development. 1993;118:719-29 pubmed
- Issigonis M, Tulina N, de Cuevas M, Brawley C, Sandler L, Matunis E. JAK-STAT signal inhibition regulates competition in the Drosophila testis stem cell niche. Science. 2009;326:153-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, in niches housing multiple stem cell types, negative feedback loops can modulate signaling, preventing one stem cell population from outcompeting the other. ..
- Moore L, Broihier H, Van Doren M, Lehmann R. Gonadal mesoderm and fat body initially follow a common developmental path in Drosophila. Development. 1998;125:837-44 pubmed
- Leatherman J, Dinardo S. Zfh-1 controls somatic stem cell self-renewal in the Drosophila testis and nonautonomously influences germline stem cell self-renewal. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:44-54 pubmed publisher..In contrast, germline-intrinsic STAT activation was insufficient for GSC renewal. These data reveal unexpected complexity in cell interactions in the niche, implicating CPCs in GSC self-renewal. ..
- SANTIAGO MARTINEZ E, Soplop N, Kramer S. Lateral positioning at the dorsal midline: Slit and Roundabout receptors guide Drosophila heart cell migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:12441-6 pubmed..We propose a model in which Slit has a dual role during assembly of the linear heart tube, functioning to regulate both cell positioning and adhesive interactions between migrating cardiac precursor cells. ..
- Okegbe T, Dinardo S. The endoderm specifies the mesodermal niche for the germline in Drosophila via Delta-Notch signaling. Development. 2011;138:1259-67 pubmed publisher..Because in mammals primordial germ cells also track through endoderm on their way to the genital ridge, our work raises the possibility that conserved mechanisms are employed to regulate germline niche formation...
- Issigonis M, Matunis E. The Drosophila BCL6 homolog Ken and Barbie promotes somatic stem cell self-renewal in the testis niche. Dev Biol. 2012;368:181-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ken, like Stat92E and its targets ZFH1 (Leatherman and Dinardo, 2008) and Chinmo (Flaherty et al., 2010), is necessary and sufficient for CySC renewal...
- Jenkins A, McCaffery J, Van Doren M. Drosophila E-cadherin is essential for proper germ cell-soma interaction during gonad morphogenesis. Development. 2003;130:4417-26 pubmed..E-cadherin expression in the gonad is dramatically decreased in fear of intimacy mutants, indicating that Fear of Intimacy may be a regulator of E-cadherin expression or function. ..
- Mathews W, Ong D, Milutinovich A, Van Doren M. Zinc transport activity of Fear of Intimacy is essential for proper gonad morphogenesis and DE-cadherin expression. Development. 2006;133:1143-53 pubmed..This work indicates that zinc is a crucial regulator of developmental processes and can affect DE-cadherin expression on multiple levels. ..
- Han Z, Olson E. Hand is a direct target of Tinman and GATA factors during Drosophila cardiogenesis and hematopoiesis. Development. 2005;132:3525-36 pubmed
- Lai Z, Fortini M, Rubin G. The embryonic expression patterns of zfh-1 and zfh-2, two Drosophila genes encoding novel zinc-finger homeodomain proteins. Mech Dev. 1991;34:123-34 pubmed..The expression patterns of zfh-1 and zfh-2 suggest that both genes may be involved in Drosophila neurogenesis and that zfh-1 may have additional functions in mesoderm development. ..
- Zaffran S, Reim I, Qian L, Lo P, Bodmer R, Frasch M. Cardioblast-intrinsic Tinman activity controls proper diversification and differentiation of myocardial cells in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:4073-83 pubmed
- Broihier H, Moore L, Van Doren M, Newman S, Lehmann R. zfh-1 is required for germ cell migration and gonadal mesoderm development in Drosophila. Development. 1998;125:655-66 pubmed..Finally, through analysis of a tinman zfh-1 double mutant, we show that zfh-1 acts in conjunction with tinman, another homeodomain protein, in the specification of lateral mesodermal derivatives, including the gonadal mesoderm. ..
- Albrecht S, Wang S, Holz A, Bergter A, Paululat A. The ADAM metalloprotease Kuzbanian is crucial for proper heart formation in Drosophila melanogaster. Mech Dev. 2006;123:372-87 pubmed..Our data presented herein suggest that Kuzbanian acts during lateral inhibition within the cardiac primordium. Furthermore we discuss a second function of Kuzbanian in heart cell morphogenesis. ..
- Stratoulias V, Heino T. MANF silencing, immunity induction or autophagy trigger an unusual cell type in metamorphosing Drosophila brain. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2015;72:1989-2004 pubmed publisher..a unique set of molecular markers including the conserved neurotrophic factor DmMANF and the transcription factor Zfh1. They possess the nuclearly localized protein Relish, which is the hallmark of immune response activation...
- Reuter R, Leptin M. Interacting functions of snail, twist and huckebein during the early development of germ layers in Drosophila. Development. 1994;120:1137-50 pubmed..We suggest that mesodermal fate is determined where sna and twi but not hkb are expressed. Anteriorly hkb together with sna determines endodermal fate, and hkb together with sna and twi are required for foregut development. ..
- Zaffran S, Frasch M. Barbu: an E(spl) m4/m(alpha)-related gene that antagonizes Notch signaling and is required for the establishment of ommatidial polarity. Development. 2000;127:1115-30 pubmed
- Sanchez Soriano N, Russell S. Regulatory mutations of the Drosophila Sox gene Dichaete reveal new functions in embryonic brain and hindgut development. Dev Biol. 2000;220:307-21 pubmed..Taken together, there are now four distinct in vivo functions described for Dichaete that can be used as models for context-dependent comparative studies of Sox function. ..
- Wong M, Castanon I, Baylies M. Daughterless dictates Twist activity in a context-dependent manner during somatic myogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;317:417-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we present evidence that the repressive activity of the Twi/Da dimer is dependent on the Da REP domain and that the activity of the REP domain is sensitive to tissue context and developmental timing. ..
- Howard K. Organogenesis: Drosophila goes gonadal. Curr Biol. 1998;8:R415-7 pubmed..Recent work in Drosophila has built a picture of the gene activities that specify the gonad and allow it to attract germ cells, and has led to the identification of a gene, columbus, that may encode the attractive factor. ..
- Starz Gaiano M, Lehmann R. Moving towards the next generation. Mech Dev. 2001;105:5-18 pubmed..Here we review findings from Drosophila, zebrafish, and mouse; each organism provides unique insight into the mechanisms that determine germ cell fate and the cues that may guide their migration. ..
- Bronner G, Jackle H. Regulation and function of the terminal gap gene huckebein in the Drosophila blastoderm. Int J Dev Biol. 1996;40:157-65 pubmed..Conversely, ectopic expression of hkb inhibits the formation of the major gastrulation fold which gives rise to the mesoderm and prevents normal segmentation in the ectoderm of the trunk region. ..
- Qian Y, Ng C, Schulz C. CSN maintains the germline cellular microenvironment and controls the level of stem cell genes via distinct CRLs in testes of Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol. 2015;398:68-79 pubmed publisher..We propose that different CRLs enable the responses of somatic support cells to Upd and EGF. ..
- Su M, Venkatesh T, Wu X, Golden K, Bodmer R. The pioneer gene, apontic, is required for morphogenesis and function of the Drosophila heart. Mech Dev. 1999;80:125-32 pubmed..These cardiac defects may be the cause of death of these mutants during late embryonic or early larval stages. ..
- Garces A, Thor S. Specification of Drosophila aCC motoneuron identity by a genetic cascade involving even-skipped, grain and zfh1. Development. 2006;133:1445-55 pubmed..Specification of the ISN subclass is dependent upon both even-skipped (eve) and the zfh1 zinc-finger homeobox gene...
- Krempler A, Brenig B. Zinc finger proteins: watchdogs in muscle development. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;261:209-15 pubmed..This review discusses several zinc finger proteins that have been characterized as regulators of muscle development and muscle-specific gene expression. ..
- Berger C, Kannan R, Myneni S, Renner S, Shashidhara L, Technau G. Cell cycle independent role of Cyclin E during neural cell fate specification in Drosophila is mediated by its regulation of Prospero function. Dev Biol. 2010;337:415-24 pubmed publisher..e. asymmetric cell division of NB6-4t. Furthermore our data imply that CycE is required for the maintenance of stem cell identity of most other neuroblasts. ..
- Park M, Wu X, Golden K, Axelrod J, Bodmer R. The wingless signaling pathway is directly involved in Drosophila heart development. Dev Biol. 1996;177:104-16 pubmed..In particular, overexpression of dsh can restore heart formation in the absence of wg function. We discuss the possibility that Wg signaling is part of a combinatorial mechanism to specify the cardiac mesoderm. ..
- Miskolczi McCallum C, Scavetta R, Svendsen P, Soanes K, Brook W. The Drosophila melanogaster T-box genes midline and H15 are conserved regulators of heart development. Dev Biol. 2005;278:459-72 pubmed..Conservation of Tbx20 expression and function in cardiac development lends further support for a common ancestral origin of the insect dorsal vessel and the vertebrate heart. ..
- Zhu Z, Bhat K. The Hem protein mediates neuronal migration by inhibiting WAVE degradation and functions opposite of Abelson tyrosine kinase. Dev Biol. 2011;357:283-94 pubmed publisher..Our results also show that during the degradation of WAVE, Hem function is opposite to that of and downstream of Abl. ..
- Johnson A, Bergman C, Kreitman M, Newfeld S. Embryonic enhancers in the dpp disk region regulate a second round of Dpp signaling from the dorsal ectoderm to the mesoderm that represses Zfh-1 expression in a subset of pericardial cells. Dev Biol. 2003;262:137-51 pubmed
- Kölsch V, Paululat A. The highly conserved cardiogenic bHLH factor Hand is specifically expressed in circular visceral muscle progenitor cells and in all cell types of the dorsal vessel during Drosophila embryogenesis. Dev Genes Evol. 2002;212:473-85 pubmed..In many aspects the expression pattern of Drosophila hand resembles the patterns of its vertebrates orthologues, for instance in cardiac tissues. We assume that Hand proteins might play a highly conserved role throughout evolution. ..
- Tio M, Udolph G, Yang X, Chia W. cdc2 links the Drosophila cell cycle and asymmetric division machineries. Nature. 2001;409:1063-7 pubmed..Our findings link cdc2 with asymmetric divisions, and explain why the asymmetric localization of molecules like Inscuteable show cell-cycle dependence. ..
- Reim I, Frasch M. The Dorsocross T-box genes are key components of the regulatory network controlling early cardiogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 2005;132:4911-25 pubmed..The integration of this new information with previous findings has allowed us to draw a more complete pathway of regulatory events during cardiac induction and differentiation in Drosophila. ..
- DeFalco T, Camara N, Le Bras S, Van Doren M. Nonautonomous sex determination controls sexually dimorphic development of the Drosophila gonad. Dev Cell. 2008;14:275-86 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that nonautonomous sex determination is important for creating sexual dimorphism in the Drosophila gonad, similar to the manner in which sex-specific gonad formation is controlled in mammals. ..
- Lundell M, Lee H, Perez E, Chadwell L. The regulation of apoptosis by Numb/Notch signaling in the serotonin lineage of Drosophila. Development. 2003;130:4109-21 pubmed..These data suggest that the distribution of Numb during terminal mitotic divisions of the CNS can distinguish between a neuronal cell fate and programmed cell death. ..
- Wai P, Truong B, Bhat K. Cell division genes promote asymmetric interaction between Numb and Notch in the Drosophila CNS. Development. 1999;126:2759-70 pubmed..This suggests that microtubules are involved in mediating the antagonistic interaction between Nb and N during RP2 and sib fate specification. ..
- Mehta B, Bhat K. Slit signaling promotes the terminal asymmetric division of neural precursor cells in the Drosophila CNS. Development. 2001;128:3161-8 pubmed..These results tie a cell-non-autonomous signaling pathway to the asymmetric division of precursor cells during neurogenesis. ..
- Chu H, Parras C, White K, Jimenez F. Formation and specification of ventral neuroblasts is controlled by vnd in Drosophila neurogenesis. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3613-24 pubmed..Our results are discussed in the context of the current evidence in dorsoventral patterning in the Drosophila neuroectoderm. ..
- Hemavathy K, Meng X, Ip Y. Differential regulation of gastrulation and neuroectodermal gene expression by Snail in the Drosophila embryo. Development. 1997;124:3683-91 pubmed..Together with the data showing that the expression of some ventral genes disappear in snail mutants, we propose that Snail may repress or activate another set of target genes that are required specifically for gastrulation. ..
- Casper A, Baxter K, Van Doren M. no child left behind encodes a novel chromatin factor required for germline stem cell maintenance in males but not females. Development. 2011;138:3357-66 pubmed publisher..NCLB interacts with chromatin in a specific manner and is associated with sites of active transcription. Thus, NCLB appears to be a novel chromatin regulator that exhibits very different effects on the male and female germ cell genomes. ..
- Karcavich R, Doe C. Drosophila neuroblast 7-3 cell lineage: a model system for studying programmed cell death, Notch/Numb signaling, and sequential specification of ganglion mother cell identity. J Comp Neurol. 2005;481:240-51 pubmed..Our results confirm and extend previous work on the early portion of the NB7-3 lineage (Novotny et al.  Development 129:1027-1036; Lundell et al. [ 2003] Development 130:4109-4121). ..
- Kang D, Jung K, Kim S, Jeon S. Computational-aided identification of genes regulated by the Drosophila vnd. J Neurogenet. 2009;23:355-65 pubmed publisher..These included zfh1, uzip, CG7687, SytIV, stau, ase, scrt, and dpn genes...
- Buescher M, Yeo S, Udolph G, Zavortink M, Yang X, Tear G, et al. Binary sibling neuronal cell fate decisions in the Drosophila embryonic central nervous system are nonstochastic and require inscuteable-mediated asymmetry of ganglion mother cells. Genes Dev. 1998;12:1858-70 pubmed..Moreover, our data suggest that the fate of some sibling neurons may be regulated by signals that do not require lateral interaction between the sibling cells. ..
- Arnold C, Gerlach D, Stelzer C, Boryń Ł, Rath M, Stark A. Genome-wide quantitative enhancer activity maps identified by STARR-seq. Science. 2013;339:1074-7 pubmed publisher..STARR-seq can be used to identify and quantify enhancer activity in other eukaryotes, including humans. ..
- Sanyal S. Genomic mapping and expression patterns of C380, OK6 and D42 enhancer trap lines in the larval nervous system of Drosophila. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:371-80 pubmed publisher..A comparative anatomy of the laval central nervous systems and peripheral innervation in these Frosophilids species as revealed by contemporary immunohistochemical markers is also presented. ..
- Frandsen J, Gunn B, Muratoglu S, Fossett N, Newfeld S. Salmonella pathogenesis reveals that BMP signaling regulates blood cell homeostasis and immune responses in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14952-7 pubmed publisher..The cascade begins with Dpp repression of Zfh1, continues with Zfh1 activation of Serpent (Srp; a GATA factor), and terminates with Srp activation of U-shaped (..
- Su M, Fujioka M, Goto T, Bodmer R. The Drosophila homeobox genes zfh-1 and even-skipped are required for cardiac-specific differentiation of a numb-dependent lineage decision. Development. 1999;126:3241-51 pubmed..We discuss the combinatorial control mechanisms that specify the EPC cell fate in a spatially precise pattern within the embryo. ..
- Vogler G, Liu J, Iafe T, Migh E, MihÃ¡ly J, Bodmer R. Cdc42 and formin activity control non-muscle myosin dynamics during Drosophila heart morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2014;206:909-22 pubmed publisher..Placement of Slit at the lumen surface depends on Cdc42 and formin function. Thus, Cdc42 and formins play pivotal roles in heart lumen formation through the spatiotemporal regulation of the actomyosin network. ..
- Siddall N, Kalcina M, Johanson T, Monk A, Casagranda F, Been R, et al. Drosophila Rbp6 is an orthologue of vertebrate Msi-1 and Msi-2, but does not function redundantly with dMsi to regulate germline stem cell behaviour. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49810 pubmed publisher..Thus while two Msi family members are present in Drosophila, the function of the family members have diverged. ..
- Gunthorpe D, Beatty K, Taylor M. Different levels, but not different isoforms, of the Drosophila transcription factor DMEF2 affect distinct aspects of muscle differentiation. Dev Biol. 1999;215:130-45 pubmed..Finally, each isoform functioned equivalently in these experiments, including in the stringent test of rescue of the Dmef2 mutant phenotype. ..
- Johnson A, Burnett L, Sellin J, Paululat A, Newfeld S. Defective decapentaplegic signaling results in heart overgrowth and reduced cardiac output in Drosophila. Genetics. 2007;176:1609-24 pubmed..Dpp signal from the dorsal ectoderm restricts the number of pericardial cells expressing the transcription factor Zfh1. Here we report that, via Zfh1, the second Dpp signal restricts the number of Odd-skipped-expressing and the number ..
- Nguyen D, Rohrbaugh M, Lai Z. The Drosophila homolog of Onecut homeodomain proteins is a neural-specific transcriptional activator with a potential role in regulating neural differentiation. Mech Dev. 2000;97:57-72 pubmed..In support of this notion, overexpression of a putative dominant negative form of D-Onecut during eye development does not affect early cell fate specification, but severely affects photoreceptor differentiation. ..
- De Velasco B, Mandal L, Mkrtchyan M, Hartenstein V. Subdivision and developmental fate of the head mesoderm in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Genes Evol. 2006;216:39-51 pubmed..The lSHM contributes hemocytes, as well as the nephrocytes forming the subesophageal body, also called garland cells. ..
- Chen H, Chen X, Zheng Y. The nuclear lamina regulates germline stem cell niche organization via modulation of EGFR signaling. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;13:73-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have uncovered a role for the nuclear lamina in the integration of EGF signaling to regulate stem cell niche function. ..
- Fortini M, Lai Z, Rubin G. The Drosophila zfh-1 and zfh-2 genes encode novel proteins containing both zinc-finger and homeodomain motifs. Mech Dev. 1991;34:113-22 pubmed..The novel arrangement of interspersed homeodomain and zinc-finger motifs in the primary sequences of the zfh-1 and zfh-2 gene products may signify an unusual mechanism of transcriptional regulation by these proteins. ..
- Wawersik M, Van Doren M. nanos is required for formation of the spectrosome, a germ cell-specific organelle. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:22-7 pubmed..Thus, nos is required to regulate the formation of this germ cell-specific organelle, further supporting a role for nos in promoting germ cell identity. ..
- Zheng Q, Wang Y, Vargas E, Dinardo S. magu is required for germline stem cell self-renewal through BMP signaling in the Drosophila testis. Dev Biol. 2011;357:202-10 pubmed publisher..Additionally, BMP pathway activity was reduced, whereas JAK-STAT activation was retained in mutant testes. Finally, GSC loss caused by the magu mutation could be suppressed by overactivating the BMP pathway in the germline. ..
- Zilian O, Frei E, Burke R, Brentrup D, Gutjahr T, Bryant P, et al. double-time is identical to discs overgrown, which is required for cell survival, proliferation and growth arrest in Drosophila imaginal discs. Development. 1999;126:5409-20 pubmed
- Myllymäki H, Ramet M. Transcription factor zfh1 downregulates Drosophila Imd pathway. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;39:188-97 pubmed publisher..We have identified the transcription factor Zn finger homeodomain 1 (zfh1) as a negative regulator of Drosophila Imd signaling...
- Zarin A, Asadzadeh J, Hokamp K, McCartney D, Yang L, Bashaw G, et al. A transcription factor network coordinates attraction, repulsion, and adhesion combinatorially to control motor axon pathway selection. Neuron. 2014;81:1297-1311 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that a network of TFs, comprised of eve, zfh1, and grain, induces the expression of the Unc5 and Beaten-path guidance receptors and the Fasciclin 2 and ..
- Casal J, Leptin M. Identification of novel genes in Drosophila reveals the complex regulation of early gene activity in the mesoderm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:10327-32 pubmed..These novel genes show a variety of expression patterns and also differ in their dependence on twist and snail functions. This indicates that the regulation of early gene activity in the mesoderm is more complex than previously thought. ..
- Gilboa L, Lehmann R. Soma-germline interactions coordinate homeostasis and growth in the Drosophila gonad. Nature. 2006;443:97-100 pubmed..We propose that similar feedback mechanisms might be generally used for coordinated growth, regeneration and homeostasis. ..
- Zaffran S, Astier M, Gratecos D, Guillen A, Semeriva M. Cellular interactions during heart morphogenesis in the Drosophila embryo. Biol Cell. 1995;84:13-24 pubmed..We show that an extracellular matrix component is specifically expressed at the surface of the dorsal vessel and could participate in the interaction between the dorsalmost ectodermal cells and the heart during this migration step. ..
- Vallejo D, Caparros E, Dominguez M. Targeting Notch signalling by the conserved miR-8/200 microRNA family in development and cancer cells. EMBO J. 2011;30:756-69 pubmed publisher..the miR-200c's target in invasion, studies in Drosophila revealed that only concurrent overexpression of Notch and Zfh1/ZEB1 induced tumour metastases...
- Bhat K. Wingless activity in the precursor cells specifies neuronal migratory behavior in the Drosophila nerve cord. Dev Biol. 2007;311:613-22 pubmed..Moreover, at least two downstream genes, Cut and Zfh1, are involved in this process but their role is at the downstream neuronal level...
- Beckett K, Baylies M. Parcas, a regulator of non-receptor tyrosine kinase signaling, acts during anterior-posterior patterning and somatic muscle development in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol. 2006;299:176-92 pubmed..We propose that Pcs fulfils its distinct roles during development by the regulation of multiple NRTKs. ..
- Nguyen H, Frasch M. MicroRNAs in muscle differentiation: lessons from Drosophila and beyond. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2006;16:533-9 pubmed..Other miRNAs might promote specific developmental switches during the development and regeneration of muscles. ..