Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Zasp52
Description: Z band alternatively spliced PDZ-motif protein 52
Alias: CG12968, CG12969, CG30084, CG8242, Dmel\CG30084, Z(210), ZASP52, Zasp, Zbp210, dzasp, tun, tungus, zasp, zasp52, Z band alternatively spliced PDZ-motif protein 52, CG30084-PC, CG30084-PE, CG30084-PF, CG30084-PG, CG30084-PI, CG30084-PK, CG30084-PL, CG30084-PM, CG30084-PN, CG30084-PO, CG30084-PP, CG30084-PQ, CG30084-PR, CG30084-PS, CG30084-PT, CG30084-PU, CG30084-PV, CG30084-PW, CG30084-PX, CG30084-PY, CG30084-PZ, Z band alternatively spliced PDZ-motif protein, Z-band-protein-210, Zasp52-PC, Zasp52-PE, Zasp52-PF, Zasp52-PG, Zasp52-PI, Zasp52-PK, Zasp52-PL, Zasp52-PM, Zasp52-PN, Zasp52-PO, Zasp52-PP, Zasp52-PQ, Zasp52-PR, Zasp52-PS, Zasp52-PT, Zasp52-PU, Zasp52-PV, Zasp52-PW, Zasp52-PX, Zasp52-PY, Zasp52-PZ, zetalin
Species: fruit fly
- Jaramillo M, Lovato C, Baca E, Cripps R. Crossveinless and the TGFbeta pathway regulate fiber number in the Drosophila adult jump muscle. Development. 2009;136:1105-13 pubmed publisher..Our studies define a new role for the TGFbeta pathway in the control of specific skeletal muscle characteristics. ..
- Benna C, Peron S, Rizzo G, Faulkner G, Megighian A, Perini G, et al. Post-transcriptional silencing of the Drosophila homolog of human ZASP: a molecular and functional analysis. Cell Tissue Res. 2009;337:463-76 pubmed publisher..Transcriptional analysis of dzasp has revealed six additional exons, with respect to the known 16, and multiple splice variants...
- Vigoreaux J, Saide J, Pardue M. Structurally different Drosophila striated muscles utilize distinct variants of Z-band-associated proteins. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 1991;12:340-54 pubmed..Projectin shows immunological cross-reactivity with twitchin, a nematode giant protein that is a component of the body wall A-band and shares similarities with vertebrate titin. ..
- Irion U. Drosophila muscleblind codes for proteins with one and two tandem zinc finger motifs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34248 pubmed publisher..1), are not muscle-specific but expressed mainly in epidermal cells, indicating a function for mbl not only in muscles and the nervous system. ..
- Stabell M, Bjørkmo M, Aalen R, Lambertsson A. The Drosophila SET domain encoding gene dEset is essential for proper development. Hereditas. 2006;143:177-88 pubmed..The spatio-temporal expression profiles of dEset and its potential partners suggest that they may act together or even in a larger complex. ..
- Liao K, González Morales N, Schock F. Zasp52, a Core Z-disc Protein in Drosophila Indirect Flight Muscles, Interacts with ?-Actinin via an Extended PDZ Domain. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006400 pubmed publisher..Here we investigate the biochemical and genetic nature of this interaction in more detail. Zasp52 is the major Drosophila Zasp PDZ domain protein, and is required for myofibril assembly and maintenance...
- Loevenich S, Brunner E, King N, Deutsch E, Stein S, Aebersold R, et al. The Drosophila melanogaster PeptideAtlas facilitates the use of peptide data for improved fly proteomics and genome annotation. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:59 pubmed publisher..While the database consists of proteomic data it is not required that the user is a proteomics expert. ..
- Ayme Southgate A, Bounaix C, Riebe T, Southgate R. Assembly of the giant protein projectin during myofibrillogenesis in Drosophila indirect flight muscles. BMC Cell Biol. 2004;5:17 pubmed
- Chountala M, Vakaloglou K, Zervas C. Parvin overexpression uncovers tissue-specific genetic pathways and disrupts F-actin to induce apoptosis in the developing epithelia in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47355 pubmed publisher..Thus, distinct genetic interactions of Parvin occur in different cell types and second site modifier screens are required to uncover such genetic circuits. ..
- Stronach B. Extensive nonmuscle expression and epithelial apicobasal localization of the Drosophila ALP/Enigma family protein, Zasp52. Gene Expr Patterns. 2014;15:67-79 pubmed publisherThis study describes the broad tissue distribution and subcellular localization of Drosophila Zasp52, which is related to the large family of ALP (?-actinin associated protein)/Enigma PDLIM (PDZ and LIM domain) proteins of vertebrates...
- Bogatan S, Cevik D, Demidov V, Vanderploeg J, Panchbhaya A, Vitkin A, et al. Talin Is Required Continuously for Cardiomyocyte Remodeling during Heart Growth in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131238 pubmed publisher..Cardiomyocytes have poor capacity to regenerate deficits in myofibril orientation and insertion, despite an ongoing capacity to remodel integrin based adhesions. ..
- Ducuing A, Keeley C, Mollereau B, Vincent S. A DPP-mediated feed-forward loop canalizes morphogenesis during Drosophila dorsal closure. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:239-48 pubmed publisher..We propose that the main function of DPP pathway during Drosophila DC is to ensure robust morphogenesis, a distinct function from its well-established ability to spread spatial information. ..
- Bouaouina M, Jani K, Long J, Czerniecki S, Morse E, Ellis S, et al. Zasp regulates integrin activation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5647-57 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the Z-band alternatively spliced PDZ-motif-containing protein (Zasp) cooperates with talin to activate ?5?1 integrins in mammalian tissue culture and ?PS2?PS integrins in Drosophila...
- Oas S, Bryantsev A, Cripps R. Arrest is a regulator of fiber-specific alternative splicing in the indirect flight muscles of Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2014;206:895-908 pubmed publisher..Our observations provide insight into a transcriptional and splicing regulatory network for muscle fiber specification. ..
- Fernandes I, SchÃ¶ck F. The nebulin repeat protein Lasp regulates I-band architecture and filament spacing in myofibrils. J Cell Biol. 2014;206:559-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, introducing a single amino acid change into the two nebulin repeats of Lasp demonstrated different roles for each domain and established Lasp as a suitable system for studying nebulin repeat function. ..
- Liu Z, Odell N, Geisbrecht E. Drosophila importin-7 functions upstream of the Elmo signaling module to mediate the formation and stability of muscle attachments. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5210-23 pubmed publisher..Our results show that integrins function as upstream signals to mediate Dim7-Elmo enrichment to the MASs. ..
- Vigoreaux J. Genetics of the Drosophila flight muscle myofibril: a window into the biology of complex systems. Bioessays. 2001;23:1047-63 pubmed
- Chechenova M, Bryantsev A, Cripps R. The Drosophila Z-disc protein Z(210) is an adult muscle isoform of Zasp52, which is required for normal myofibril organization in indirect flight muscles. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:3718-26 pubmed publisher..spectrometry and gene specific knockdown studies, to identify Z(210) as an adult isoform of the Z-disc protein Zasp52. The Zasp52 primary transcript is extensively alternatively spliced, and we describe its splicing pattern in the ..
- Teleman A, Chen Y, Cohen S. Drosophila Melted modulates FOXO and TOR activity. Dev Cell. 2005;9:271-81 pubmed..We provide evidence that in the melted mutant, TOR activity is reduced and FOXO is activated. The melted mutant condition mimics the effects of nutrient deprivation in a normal animal, producing an animal with 40% less fat than normal. ..
- Akimana C, Al Khodor S, Abu Kwaik Y. Host factors required for modulation of phagosome biogenesis and proliferation of Francisella tularensis within the cytosol. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11025 pubmed publisher..tularensis. Our data will facilitate deciphering molecular ecology, patho-adaptation of F. tularensis to the arthropod vector and its role in bacterial ecology and patho-evolution to infect mammals. ..
- Delon I, Brown N. The integrin adhesion complex changes its composition and function during morphogenesis of an epithelium. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4363-74 pubmed publisher..Molecular variation of the integrin complex is thus a key component of developmentally programmed morphogenesis. ..