Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Yeti
Alias: 41Aa, BCNT, BEST:GH01620, BcDNA:RE36623, CG40218, Dmel\CG40218, GroupI, YETI, l(2)41Aa, l(2)EMS31, l(2R)B, l(2R)EMS-31, yeti, CG40218-PA, CG40218-PB, Yeti-PA, Yeti-PB, lethal (2) 41Aa
Species: fruit fly
- Wisniewski T, Tanzi C, Gindhart J. The Drosophila kinesin-I associated protein YETI binds both kinesin subunits. Biol Cell. 2003;95:595-602 pubmed..One of the proteins we have identified is YETI. Interestingly, YETI has the unique ability to bind specifically to both subunits of the kinesin tail domain...
- Hilliker A, Holm D. Genetic analysis of the proximal region of chromosome 2 of Drosophila melanogaster. I. Detachment products of compound autosomes. Genetics. 1975;81:705-21 pubmed..The data further demonstrate that rolled, and probably light, are located within the proximal heterochromatin. Thus, functional genetic loci are found in heterochromatin, albeit at low density. ..
- Messina G, Atterrato M, Fanti L, Giordano E, Dimitri P. Expression of human Cfdp1 gene in Drosophila reveals new insights into the function of the evolutionarily conserved BCNT protein family. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25511 pubmed publisherThe Bucentaur (BCNT) protein family is widely distributed in eukaryotes and is characterized by a highly conserved C-terminal domain. This family was identified two decades ago in ruminants, but its role(s) remained largely unknown...
- Lyttle T. The effect of novel chromosome position and variable dose on the genetic behavior of the Responder (Rsp) element of the Segregation distorter (SD) system of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1989;121:751-63 pubmed..Possible explanations for such behavior are discussed. ..
- Dimitri P. Constitutive heterochromatin and transposable elements in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetica. 1997;100:85-93 pubmed..The implications of these findings on the possible impact of heterochromatic TEs on the function and evolution of the host genome are also discussed. ..
- Dimitri P, Arca B, Berghella L, Mei E. High genetic instability of heterochromatin after transposition of the LINE-like I factor in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:8052-7 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that I factors transpose with high frequency into pericentric regions of chromosome 2 and may play a role in the evolution of constitutive heterochromatin. ..
- Eberl D, Duyf B, Hilliker A. The role of heterochromatin in the expression of a heterochromatic gene, the rolled locus of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1993;134:277-92 pubmed
- Brittnacher J, Ganetzky B. On the components of segregation distortion in Drosophila melanogaster. IV. Construction and analysis of free duplications for the Responder locus. Genetics. 1989;121:739-50 pubmed..The bearing of these results on present models of segregation distortion are discussed. ..