Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: wun2
Alias: BEST:CK02248, CG8805, CK02248, Dmel\CG8805, DrPAP2[G], LPP-like, N14, Pap2G, Tunen, WUN-like, Wun2, wun-2, wunen-2, CG8805-PA, CG8805-PB, Wunen2, wun2-PA, wun2-PB, wunen 2
Species: fruit fly
- Haack T, Schneider M, Schwendele B, Renault A. Drosophila heart cell movement to the midline occurs through both cell autonomous migration and dorsal closure. Dev Biol. 2014;396:169-82 pubmed publisher..We also show that defects in dorsal closure can result in failure of the amnioserosa to properly degenerate, which can physically hinder joining of contralateral heart cells leading to a broken heart phenotype. ..
- Renault A. vasa is expressed in somatic cells of the embryonic gonad in a sex-specific manner in Drosophila melanogaster. Biol Open. 2012;1:1043-8 pubmed publisher..Although somatic Vasa expression is not required for gonad coalescence, these data support the notion that Vasa is not solely a germline factor. ..
- Muse G, Gilchrist D, Nechaev S, Shah R, Parker J, Grissom S, et al. RNA polymerase is poised for activation across the genome. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1507-11 pubmed..This finding indicates a role for regulation of polymerase elongation in the transcriptional responses to dynamic environmental and developmental cues. ..
- Pyne S, Kong K, Darroch P. Lysophosphatidic acid and sphingosine 1-phosphate biology: the role of lipid phosphate phosphatases. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2004;15:491-501 pubmed..of lipid phosphate phosphatases (LPP), including LPP1, LPP2, LPP3, the Drosophila homologues Wunen (Wun) and Wunen2 (Wun2) and sphingosine 1-phosphate phosphatases 1 and 2 (SPP1, SPP2)...
- Luquain C, Sciorra V, Morris A. Lysophosphatidic acid signaling: how a small lipid does big things. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28:377-83 pubmed
- Ribeiro C, Petit V, Affolter M. Signaling systems, guided cell migration, and organogenesis: insights from genetic studies in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2003;260:1-8 pubmed
- Coffman C. Cell migration and programmed cell death of Drosophila germ cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;995:117-26 pubmed..Many questions remain to be answered, but advances made in recent years are providing useful insights into these critical biological phenomena. ..
- Ile K, Tripathy R, Goldfinger V, Renault A. Wunen, a Drosophila lipid phosphate phosphatase, is required for septate junction-mediated barrier function. Development. 2012;139:2535-46 pubmed publisher..The Drosophila LPPs Wunen (Wun) and Wunen-2 (Wun2) have a well-established role in regulating the survival and migration of germ cells...
- Georgiev P, Toscano S, Nair A, Hardie R, Raghu P. Identification of a suppressor of retinal degeneration in Drosophila photoreceptors. J Neurogenet. 2012;26:338-47 pubmed publisher..Studies of su(40) as well as these new alleles should facilitate the understanding of the mechanisms by which excessive Ca(2+) influx results in retinal degeneration. ..
- Müller H. Germ cell migration: as slow as molasses. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R612-4 pubmed..In Drosophila embryos, germ cells and somatic cells are formed separately. A recent analysis of the slow as molasses (slam) gene provides a potential link between somatic cell formation and germ cell migration. ..
- Sano H, Renault A, Lehmann R. Control of lateral migration and germ cell elimination by the Drosophila melanogaster lipid phosphate phosphatases Wunen and Wunen 2. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:675-83 pubmed..Our results suggest that expression of wun/wun-2 repellents along the migratory paths provides faithful control over the sorting of PGCs into two gonads and eliminates PGCs left in the middle of the embryo. ..
- Renault A, Lehmann R. Follow the fatty brick road: lipid signaling in cell migration. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2006;16:348-54 pubmed..In all three scenarios, the contributions of these genes in the stationary and migrating cells are being teased apart by genetic studies and direct observation, with exciting results. ..
- Raz E. Guidance of primordial germ cell migration. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2004;16:169-73 pubmed..The ability to visualize chemokine-guided migration at a high resolution in vivo in these model organisms provides a unique opportunity to study this process, which is relevant for many events in normal development and disease. ..
- Zhu F, Zhang X. The Wnt signaling pathway is involved in the regulation of phagocytosis of virus in Drosophila. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2069 pubmed publisher..Further data showed that the Wnt signaling pathway played an essential role in phagocytosis. Therefore, our study contributed novel insight into the molecular mechanism of phagocytosis in animals. ..
- Mukherjee A, Neher R, Renault A. Quantifying the range of a lipid phosphate signal in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5453-64 pubmed publisher..This approach provides the first quantitative information of the effective range of a lipid phosphate in vivo and has implications for the migration of other cell types that respond to lipid phosphates. ..
- Steinhauer J, Gijón M, Riekhof W, Voelker D, Murphy R, Treisman J. Drosophila lysophospholipid acyltransferases are specifically required for germ cell development. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:5224-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that lysophospholipid acyltransferase activity is essential for germline development and could provide a mechanistic explanation for the etiology of the human MBOAT1 mutation. ..