Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: wisp
Alias: CG15737, DmCG15737, Dmel\CG15737, TAMP, Wisp, fs(1)M19, CG15737-PA, CG15737-PB, CG15737-PC, WISPY, female sterile(1)M19, temprano, toll pathway activation mediating protein, wisp-PA, wisp-PB, wisp-PC
Species: fruit fly
- subito encodes a kinesin-like protein required for meiotic spindle pole formation in Drosophila melanogasterKelly L Giunta
Waksman Institute and Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Genetics 160:1489-501. 2002..sub is also required for the early embryonic divisions but is otherwise dispensable for most mitotic divisions...
- PAP- and GLD-2-type poly(A) polymerases are required sequentially in cytoplasmic polyadenylation and oogenesis in DrosophilaPerrine Benoit
mRNA Regulation and Development, Institut de Genetique Humaine, CNRS UPR 1142, 141 rue de la Cardonille, 34396 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Development 135:1969-79. 2008..We show that the female germline GLD-2 is encoded by wispy. Wispy acts as a poly(A) polymerase in a tethering assay and in vivo for cytoplasmic polyadenylation of specific ..
- Wispy, the Drosophila homolog of GLD-2, is required during oogenesis and egg activationJun Cui
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Genetics 178:2017-29. 2008..b>wispy (wisp) maternal-effect mutations in Drosophila block development during the egg-to-embryo transition...
- The functioning of the Drosophila CPEB protein Orb is regulated by phosphorylation and requires casein kinase 2 activityLi Chin Wong
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24355. 2011..isoforms are in slowly sedimenting complexes that contain the translational repressor Bruno, while the hyperphosphorylated isoforms assemble into large complexes that co-sediment with polysomes and contain the Wisp poly(A) polymerase.
- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA decay patterns during early Drosophila developmentStefan Thomsen
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EJ, UK
Genome Biol 11:R93. 2010....
- The Drosophila melanogaster seminal fluid protease "seminase" regulates proteolytic and post-mating reproductive processesBrooke A LaFlamme
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
PLoS Genet 8:e1002435. 2012..These results point to an important role for proteolysis among insect SFPs and suggest that protease cascades may be a mechanism for precise temporal regulation of multiple post-mating responses in females...
- A regulatory cytoplasmic poly(A) polymerase in Caenorhabditis elegansLiaoteng Wang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nature 419:312-6. 2002..We suggest that GLD-2 is the prototype for a class of regulatory cytoplasmic PAPs that are recruited to specific mRNAs by a binding partner, thereby targeting those mRNAs for polyadenylation and increased expression...
- The Drosophila wispy gene is required for RNA localization and other microtubule-based events of meiosis and early embryogenesisA E Brent
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Genetics 154:1649-62. 2000..We describe a new gene, wispy, required for localization of mRNAs to both poles of the egg...
- Developmental genetics of the Drosophila egg. I. Identification of 59 sex-linked cistrons with maternal effects on embryonic developmentJ D Mohler
Genetics 85:259-72. 1977..The mutant strains are potentially important material for the study of developing egg envelopes and for furthering the analysis of causation in embryogenesis and its origins in oogenesis...
- Regulation of maternal transcript destabilization during egg activation in DrosophilaWael Tadros
Program in Developmental Biology, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Genetics 164:989-1001. 2003....