Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: wb
Description: wing blister
Alias: &agr1, 2Lan, BEST:CK02229, BG:DS03792.1, BG:DS03792.2, CG15288, CG32970, CG42677, CK02229, CT35236, DLAM, Dmel\CG42677, Dmel_CG15288, Dmel_CG32970, LM-A/alpha2, LanA1, alpha[[1, fus5, l(2)09437, l(2)34Fb, l(2)br1, l34Fb, wing blister, CG42677-PB, CG42677-PC, CG42677-PD, CG42677-PE, CG42677-PF, CG42677-PG, D-laminin alpha2, SGP cluster fusion defects 5, alpha laminin, laminin, laminin A2, laminin alpha1,2, laminin alpha[[1,2]], lamininW, lethal 1 in the black-reduced region, lethal group A1, wb-PB, wb-PC, wb-PD, wb-PE, wb-PF, wb-PG, wing blistered
Species: fruit fly
- MacMullin A, Jacobs J. Slit coordinates cardiac morphogenesis in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2006;293:154-64 pubmed..However, there is a strong phenotypic interaction with Integrin genes and their ligands, including Laminin and Collagen, and intracellular messengers, including Talin and ILK...
- Woodruff R, Ashburner M. The genetics of a small autosomal region of Drosophila melanogaster containing the structural gene for alcohol dehydrogenase. II. Lethal mutations in the region. Genetics. 1979;92:133-49 pubmed
- Faucheux M, Netter S, Bloyer S, Moussa M, Boissonneau E, Lemeunier F, et al. Advantages of a P-element construct containing MtnA sequences for the identification of patterning and cell determination genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;265:14-22 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that P[MTW] allows the tagging of patterning and cell determination genes, and thus provides a useful tool for identifying new developmental functions. ..
- Gubb D, McGill S, Ashburner M. A selective screen to recover chromosomal deletions and duplications in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1988;119:377-90 pubmed..Such aberration breakpoints can be genetically mapped, as synthetic deletions, and then used as transposon-tagged sites for the recovery of genomic clones. ..
- O DONNELL J, Mandel H, Krauss M, Sofer W. Genetic and cytogenetic analysis of the Adh region in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1977;86:553-66 pubmed..If one includes three other loci known to belong there (el, Adh and Sco) a total of 16 complemetation groups have been identified in the region close to Adh. ..
- Woodruff R, Ashburner M. The genetics of a small autosomal region of Drosophila melanogaster containing the structural gene for alcohol dehydrogenase. I. Characterization of deficiencies and mapping of ADH and visible mutations. Genetics. 1979;92:117-32 pubmed..These deficiencies probably include two polytene chromosome bands, 35B2 and 35B3. ..
- Weyers J, Milutinovich A, Takeda Y, Jemc J, Van Doren M. A genetic screen for mutations affecting gonad formation in Drosophila reveals a role for the slit/robo pathway. Dev Biol. 2011;353:217-28 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the complexities of gonadogenesis and the genetic regulation required for proper organ formation. ..
- M ller R, Jenny A, Stanley P. The EGF repeat-specific O-GlcNAc-transferase Eogt interacts with notch signaling and pyrimidine metabolism pathways in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62835 pubmed publisher..To identify novel genetic interactions with eogt, we investigated dominant modification of wing blister formation caused by knock-down of eogt...
- Patel U, Myat M. Receptor guanylyl cyclase Gyc76C is required for invagination, collective migration and lumen shape in the Drosophila embryonic salivary gland. Biol Open. 2013;2:711-7 pubmed publisher..The extracellular matrix protein, laminin, also failed to accumulate around the migrating salivary gland of gyc76C mutant embryos, and gyc76C and laminin ..
- Devenport D, Bunch T, Bloor J, Brower D, Brown N. Mutations in the Drosophila alphaPS2 integrin subunit uncover new features of adhesion site assembly. Dev Biol. 2007;308:294-308 pubmed..severely reduced alphaPS2betaPS affinity for soluble ligand, abolished the ability of the integrin to recruit laminin to muscle attachment sites in the embryo and caused detachment of integrins and talin from the ECM...
- Inoue Y, Hayashi S. Tissue-specific laminin expression facilitates integrin-dependent association of the embryonic wing disc with the trachea in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2007;304:90-101 pubmed..We show that an alpha subunit of laminin, encoded by wing blister (wb), is essential for the establishment of the interaction between the wing and trachea...
- Tsai P, Kao H, Grabbe C, Lee Y, Ghose A, Lai T, et al. Fak56 functions downstream of integrin alphaPS3betanu and suppresses MAPK activation in neuromuscular junction growth. Neural Dev. 2008;3:26 pubmed publisher..Unlike its conventional role in activating MAPK/ERK, Fak56 suppresses ERK activation in this process. These results suggest that Fak56 mediates a specific neuronal signaling pathway distinct from that in other cellular processes. ..
- Ashburner M. A biologist's view of the Drosophila genome annotation assessment project. Genome Res. 2000;10:391-3 pubmed
- Gubb D, Ashburner M, Roote J, Davis T. A novel transvection phenomenon affecting the white gene of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1990;126:167-76 pubmed..This effect of rearrangements has been used as the basis for a screen, gamma-ray induced aberrations with at least one breakpoint opposite the TE site were recovered by their suppression of the zeste phenotype. ..
- Sorrosal G, Perez L, Herranz H, Milan M. Scarface, a secreted serine protease-like protein, regulates polarized localization of laminin A at the basement membrane of the Drosophila embryo. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:373-9 pubmed publisher..Anomalous accumulation of laminin A on the apical surface of epithelial cells was observed in these embryos before a loss of epithelial polarity ..
- Reese M, Hartzell G, Harris N, Ohler U, Abril J, Lewis S. Genome annotation assessment in Drosophila melanogaster. Genome Res. 2000;10:483-501 pubmed
- Han C, Wang D, Soba P, Zhu S, Lin X, Jan L, et al. Integrins regulate repulsion-mediated dendritic patterning of drosophila sensory neurons by restricting dendrites in a 2D space. Neuron. 2012;73:64-78 pubmed publisher..Removing neuronal integrins or blocking epidermal laminin production causes dendrites to grow into the epidermis, suggesting that integrin-laminin interaction attaches ..
- Prokop A, Uhler J, Roote J, Bate M. The kakapo mutation affects terminal arborization and central dendritic sprouting of Drosophila motorneurons. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1283-94 pubmed..On the other, a specific type of sensory neuron (scolopidial neurons) shows defects in microtubule organization and detaches from its support cells. ..
- Andersen D, Horne Badovinac S. Influence of ovarian muscle contraction and oocyte growth on egg chamber elongation in Drosophila. Development. 2016;143:1375-87 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight how physical contributions from several cell types are integrated to shape an organ. ..
- Brown K, Freeman M. Egfr signalling defines a protective function for ommatidial orientation in the Drosophila eye. Development. 2003;130:5401-12 pubmed
- Brown N. Cell-cell adhesion via the ECM: integrin genetics in fly and worm. Matrix Biol. 2000;19:191-201 pubmed..to Drosophila alphaPS2betaPS and vertebrate alpha5beta1, alphaVbeta1 and alpha8beta1, and one putative laminin binding integrin alphaina-1betapat-3, corresponding to Drosophila alphaPS1betaPS and vertebrate alpha3beta1, ..
- Ashburner M, Tsubota S, Woodruff R. The genetics of a small chromosome region of Drosophila melanogaster containing the structural gene for alcohol dehydrogenase. IV: scutoid, an antimorphic mutation. Genetics. 1982;102:401-20 pubmed..The Sco phenotype is thought to result from a position effect at the newly created noc/l(2)br28 junction. ..
- Hollfelder D, Frasch M, Reim I. Distinct functions of the laminin ? LN domain and collagen IV during cardiac extracellular matrix formation and stabilization of alary muscle attachments revealed by EMS mutagenesis in Drosophila. BMC Dev Biol. 2014;14:26 pubmed publisher..as domain-specific point mutations in LamininB1 and Cg25C, encoding the extracellular matrix (ECM) components laminin ? and collagen IV ?1, respectively...