Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps4
Description: Vacuolar protein sorting 4
Alias: 3B1, BcDNA:GH02678, CG6842, DmBcDNA.GH02678, Dmel\CG6842, Dvps4, Vps4B, bcDNA:GH02678, dvps4, vps4, vacuolar protein sorting 4, CG6842-PA, CG6842-PB, Vps4-PA, Vps4-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Philips J, Porto M, Wang H, Rubin E, Perrimon N. ESCRT factors restrict mycobacterial growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3070-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that, in mammalian cells, the ESCRT machinery plays a conserved role in restricting bacterial growth. ..
- Gradilla A, GonzÃ¡lez E, Seijo I, AndrÃ©s G, Bischoff M, GonzÃ¡lez Mendez L, et al. Exosomes as Hedgehog carriers in cytoneme-mediated transport and secretion. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5649 pubmed publisher..We propose Hh transport via exosomes along cytonemes as a significant mechanism for the restricted distribution of a lipid-modified morphogen. ..
- Jia T, Macare C, DesriviÃ¨res S, Gonzalez D, Tao C, Ji X, et al. Neural basis of reward anticipation and its genetic determinants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:3879-84 pubmed publisher..and the vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 4A (VPS4A) gene in humans, and the causal role of Vps4 for hyperactivity was validated in Drosophila Our data provide a neurobehavioral model explaining the heterogeneity ..
- Bischoff M, Gradilla A, Seijo I, AndrÃ©s G, RodrÃguez Navas C, GonzÃ¡lez MÃ©ndez L, et al. Cytonemes are required for the establishment of a normal Hedgehog morphogen gradient in Drosophila epithelia. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1269-81 pubmed publisher..Indeed, mutant conditions that affect cytoneme formation reduce both cytoneme length and Hh gradient length. Our results suggest that cytoneme-mediated Hh transport is the mechanistic basis for Hh gradient formation. ..
- Mattissek C, Teis D. The role of the endosomal sorting complexes required for transport (ESCRT) in tumorigenesis. Mol Membr Biol. 2014;31:111-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore the aim of this review is to provide an overview on different model systems used to study the role of the ESCRT machinery in cancer development, to highlight common grounds and present certain controversies in the field. ..