Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps35
Description: Vacuolar protein sorting 35
Alias: CG5625, DVps35, DmVps35, Dmel\CG5625, Dvps35, VPS35, dVPS35, dvps35, vps35, vacuolar protein sorting 35, CG5625-PA, CG5625-PB, Vps35-PA, Vps35-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Zhang P, Zhou L, Pei C, Lin X, Yuan Z. Dysfunction of Wntless triggers the retrograde Golgi-to-ER transport of Wingless and induces ER stress. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19418 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals a previously unknown Golgi-to-ER retrograde route of Wg, and elucidates a correlation between Wnt secretion and ER stress during development. ..
- Wang S, Bellen H. The retromer complex in development and disease. Development. 2015;142:2392-6 pubmed publisher..Here, and in the accompanying poster, we provide an overview of the molecular and cellular mechanisms of retromer-mediated protein trafficking, highlighting key examples of retromer function in vivo. ..
- Miura E, Hasegawa T, Konno M, Suzuki M, Sugeno N, Fujikake N, et al. VPS35 dysfunction impairs lysosomal degradation of ?-synuclein and exacerbates neurotoxicity in a Drosophila model of Parkinson's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;71:1-13 pubmed publisherMutations in vacuolar protein sorting 35 (VPS35) have been linked to familial Parkinson's disease (PD). VPS35, a component of the retromer, mediates the retrograde transport of cargo from the endosome to the trans-Golgi network...
- Wang S, Tan K, Agosto M, Xiong B, Yamamoto S, Sandoval H, et al. The retromer complex is required for rhodopsin recycling and its loss leads to photoreceptor degeneration. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001847 pubmed publisher..Finally, expressing human Vps26 suppresses PR degeneration in Vps26 mutant PRs. We propose that the retromer plays a conserved role in recycling rhodopsins to maintain PR function and integrity. ..
- Gomez Lamarca M, Snowdon L, Seib E, Klein T, Bray S. Rme-8 depletion perturbs Notch recycling and predisposes to pathogenic signaling. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:303-18 pubmed publisher..Together, these results highlight the importance of Rme-8 in coordinating normal endocytic recycling route and reveal that its absence predisposes toward conditions in which pathological Notch signaling can occur. ..
- Maruzs T, LÅ‘rincz P, SzatmÃ¡ri Z, SzÃ©plaki S, SÃ¡ndor Z, Lakatos Z, et al. Retromer Ensures the Degradation of Autophagic Cargo by Maintaining Lysosome Function in Drosophila. Traffic. 2015;16:1088-107 pubmed publisherThe retromer is an evolutionarily conserved coat complex that consists of Vps26, Vps29, Vps35 and a heterodimer of sorting nexin (Snx) proteins in yeast...
- Malik B, Godena V, Whitworth A. VPS35 pathogenic mutations confer no dominant toxicity but partial loss of function in Drosophila and genetically interact with parkin. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6106-17 pubmed publisherMutations in VPS35 (PARK17) cause autosomal dominant, late onset Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- de Vreede G, Schoenfeld J, Windler S, Morrison H, Lu H, Bilder D. The Scribble module regulates retromer-dependent endocytic trafficking during epithelial polarization. Development. 2014;141:2796-802 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Scrib module regulates epithelial polarity by influencing endocytic itineraries of Crumbs and other retromer-dependent cargo. ..
- Sechi S, Colotti G, Belloni G, Mattei V, Frappaolo A, Raffa G, et al. GOLPH3 is essential for contractile ring formation and Rab11 localization to the cleavage site during cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004305 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been associated with premalignant disease and cancer, our studies suggest novel insight into molecular circuits involving the oncogene GOLPH3 in cytokinesis. ..
- Zhou B, Yun E, Ray L, You J, Ip Y, Lin X. Retromer promotes immune quiescence by suppressing Spätzle-Toll pathway in Drosophila. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:512-520 pubmed publisher..Together, the results suggest a novel function of retromer in regulating Toll pathway and innate immunity at a step that modulates ligand processing or activity...
- Linhart R, Wong S, Cao J, Tran M, Huynh A, Ardrey C, et al. Vacuolar protein sorting 35 (Vps35) rescues locomotor deficits and shortened lifespan in Drosophila expressing a Parkinson's disease mutant of Leucine-Rich Repeat Kinase 2 (LRRK2). Mol Neurodegener. 2014;9:23 pubmed publisher..We present evidence that overexpression of the Vps35 or Vps26 component of the cargo-recognition subunit of the retromer complex ameliorates the pathogenic mutant ..
- Wang H, Toh J, Ho P, Tio M, Zhao Y, Tan E. In vivo evidence of pathogenicity of VPS35 mutations in the Drosophila. Mol Brain. 2014;7:73 pubmed publisherMutations of VPS35, a component of the retromer complex have been associated with late onset familial Parkinson's disease...
- FarkaÅ¡ R, BeÅˆovÃ¡ LiszekovÃ¡ D, MentelovÃ¡ L, Mahmood S, ÄŽatkovÃ¡ Z, BeÅˆo M, et al. Vacuole dynamics in the salivary glands of Drosophila melanogaster during prepupal development. Dev Growth Differ. 2015;57:74-96 pubmed publisher..genetic tools, including mutations or transgenes for shi, Rab5, Rab11, vha55, vha68-2, vha36-1, syx1A, syx4, and Vps35 to characterize the dramatic series of cellular changes occurring in the SG cells between pupariation and 7-8 h ..
- Lee J, Fischer J. Drosophila Tel2 is expressed as a translational fusion with EpsinR and is a regulator of wingless signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46357 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Tel2 modulates E-cadherin and Armadillo cellular dynamics. We propose that at least one of the functions of Drosophila Tel2 is regulation of Wingless signaling. ..
- Burgess J, Del Bel L, Ma C, Barylko B, Polevoy G, Rollins J, et al. Type II phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase regulates trafficking of secretory granule proteins in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:3040-50 pubmed publisher..Our genetic analysis of PI4KII in flies thus reveals a novel role for PI4KII in regulating the fidelity of granule protein trafficking in secretory tissues. ..
- Koles K, Yeh A, Rodal A. Tissue-specific tagging of endogenous loci in Drosophila melanogaster. Biol Open. 2015;5:83-9 pubmed publisher..We have employed this method to GFP tag OCRL (a phosphoinositide-5-phosphatase in the endocytic pathway) and Vps35 (a Parkinson's disease-implicated component of the endosomal retromer complex) in diverse Drosophila tissues ..
- Koumandou V, Klute M, Herman E, Nunez Miguel R, Dacks J, Field M. Evolutionary reconstruction of the retromer complex and its function in Trypanosoma brucei. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1496-509 pubmed publisher..Retromer subunits Vps26, Vps29 and Vps35 are near universal, and, by inference, the complex was an ancient feature of eukaryotic cells...
- Inoshita T, Arano T, Hosaka Y, Meng H, Umezaki Y, Kosugi S, et al. Vps35 in cooperation with LRRK2 regulates synaptic vesicle endocytosis through the endosomal pathway in Drosophila. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2933-2948 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrated that the loss of Drosophila Vps35 (dVps35) affects synaptic vesicle recycling, dopaminergic synaptic release and sleep behavior associated with dopaminergic ..