Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps28
Description: Vacuolar protein sorting 28
Alias: CG12770, DmVps28, Dmel\CG12770, Dvps28, ESCRT-I, ESCRT-II, dVps28, dvps28, l(2)k16503, vps28, vacuolar protein sorting 28, CG12770-PA, CG12770-PB, Vps28-PA, Vps28-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Juhasz G, Hill J, Yan Y, Sass M, Baehrecke E, Backer J, et al. The class III PI(3)K Vps34 promotes autophagy and endocytosis but not TOR signaling in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:655-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Vps34 is regulated by TOR-dependent nutrient signals directly at sites of autophagosome formation. ..
- Beckett K, Monier S, Palmer L, Alexandre C, Green H, Bonneil E, et al. Drosophila S2 cells secrete wingless on exosome-like vesicles but the wingless gradient forms independently of exosomes. Traffic. 2013;14:82-96 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this conclusion, extracellularly tagged Evi expressed from a Bacterial Artificial Chromosome is not released from imaginal disc Wingless-expressing cells. ..
- Tjota M, Lee S, Wu J, Williams J, Khanna M, Thomas G. Annexin B9 binds to ?(H)-spectrin and is required for multivesicular body function in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2914-26 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AnxB9 and ?(H) are intimately involved in endosomal trafficking to the MVB and play a role in maintaining high-fidelity segregation of the apical and lateral domains. ..
- Irion U, St Johnston D. bicoid RNA localization requires specific binding of an endosomal sorting complex. Nature. 2007;445:554-8 pubmed..This function of ESCRT-II as an RNA-binding complex is conserved in vertebrates and may clarify some of its roles that are independent of endosomal sorting. ..
- Loncle N, Agromayor M, Martin Serrano J, Williams D. An ESCRT module is required for neuron pruning. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8461 pubmed publisher..Furthermore we show that this ESCRT module requires a direct, in vivo, interaction between Shrub/CHMP4B and the accessory protein Myopic/HD-PTP. ..
- Hori K, Sen A, Kirchhausen T, Artavanis Tsakonas S. Synergy between the ESCRT-III complex and Deltex defines a ligand-independent Notch signal. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:1005-15 pubmed publisher..This activation mode of the receptor emphasizes the complexity of Notch signal modulation in a cell and has significant implications for both development and disease. ..
- Ahmad S, Sweeney S, Lee J, Sweeney N, Gao F. Genetic screen identifies serpin5 as a regulator of the toll pathway and CHMP2B toxicity associated with frontotemporal dementia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12168-73 pubmed publisher..This fly model will be useful to further dissect genetic pathways that are potentially relevant to the pathogenesis and treatment of FTD. ..
- Philips J, Porto M, Wang H, Rubin E, Perrimon N. ESCRT factors restrict mycobacterial growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3070-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that, in mammalian cells, the ESCRT machinery plays a conserved role in restricting bacterial growth. ..
- Sheng Z, Yu L, Zhang T, Pei X, Li X, Zhang Z, et al. ESCRT-0 complex modulates Rbf-mutant cell survival by regulating Rhomboid endosomal trafficking and EGFR signaling. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:2075-84 pubmed publisher..Because ESCRT-0 also plays crucial roles in EGFR downregulation after ligand binding, this study provides new insights into how loss of ESCRT-0 function can either increase or decrease EGFR signaling. ..