Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps25
Description: Vacuolar protein sorting 25
Alias: CG14750, Dmel\CG14750, ESCRT-I, ESCRT-II, VPS25, dVps25, l(2)44Db, l(2)k08904, vps25, vacuolar protein sorting 25, CG14750-PA, Vps25-PA, lethal (2) 44Db, vesicle protein sorting 25
Species: fruit fly
- Rusten T, Vaccari T, Lindmo K, Rodahl L, Nezis I, Sem Jacobsen C, et al. ESCRTs and Fab1 regulate distinct steps of autophagy. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1817-25 pubmed..Thus, this study links ESCRT function with autophagy and aggregate-induced neurodegeneration, thereby providing a plausible explanation for the fact that ESCRT mutations are involved in inherited neurodegenerative disease in humans . ..
- Thompson B, Mathieu J, Sung H, Loeser E, Rørth P, Cohen S. Tumor suppressor properties of the ESCRT-II complex component Vps25 in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2005;9:711-20 pubmedWe have found that the Drosophila gene vps25 possesses several properties of a tumor suppressor...
- Graves H, Woodfield S, Yang C, Halder G, Bergmann A. Notch signaling activates Yorkie non-cell autonomously in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37615 pubmed publisherIn Drosophila imaginal epithelia, cells mutant for the endocytic neoplastic tumor suppressor gene vps25 stimulate nearby untransformed cells to express Drosophila Inhibitor-of-Apoptosis-Protein-1 (DIAP-1), conferring resistance to ..
- Herz H, Woodfield S, Chen Z, Bolduc C, Bergmann A. Common and distinct genetic properties of ESCRT-II components in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4165 pubmed publisher..In Drosophila, mutations of the ESCRT-II component vps25 cause endosomal defects leading to accumulation of Notch protein and increased Notch pathway activity...
- Michelet X, Djeddi A, Legouis R. Developmental and cellular functions of the ESCRT machinery in pluricellular organisms. Biol Cell. 2010;102:191-202 pubmed publisher..The present review summarizes recent research on the developmental and cellular functions of the ESCRT in Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila melanogaster, Mus musculus or Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Vaccari T, Bilder D. The Drosophila tumor suppressor vps25 prevents nonautonomous overproliferation by regulating notch trafficking. Dev Cell. 2005;9:687-98 pubmed..Here, we identify Vps25, a component of the ESCRT machinery that regulates endocytic sorting of signaling receptors, as an unconventional ..
- Portela M, Parsons L, Grzeschik N, Richardson H. Regulation of Notch signaling and endocytosis by the Lgl neoplastic tumor suppressor. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:1496-506 pubmed publisher..In this extraview, we provide additional data on the regulation of Notch signaling and endocytosis by Lgl, and discuss possible mechanisms by which Lgl depletion contributes to signaling pathway defects and tumorigenesis. ..
- Windler S, Bilder D. Endocytic internalization routes required for delta/notch signaling. Curr Biol. 2010;20:538-43 pubmed publisher..The absolute requirement for dynamin-dependent endocytosis but not endosomal entry or Rab11 activity supports "pulling force" rather than "recycling" models for Delta activation. ..
- Loncle N, Agromayor M, Martin Serrano J, Williams D. An ESCRT module is required for neuron pruning. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8461 pubmed publisher..Furthermore we show that this ESCRT module requires a direct, in vivo, interaction between Shrub/CHMP4B and the accessory protein Myopic/HD-PTP. ..
- Dockendorff T, Robertson S, Faulkner D, Jongens T. Genetic characterization of the 44D-45B region of the Drosophila melanogaster genome based on an F2 lethal screen. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;263:137-43 pubmed..This screen may have uncovered mutant alleles of these genes. The results of complementation tests with previously identified genes in 44D-45B suggests that over half of the complementation groups identified in this screen may be novel. ..
- Mattissek C, Teis D. The role of the endosomal sorting complexes required for transport (ESCRT) in tumorigenesis. Mol Membr Biol. 2014;31:111-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore the aim of this review is to provide an overview on different model systems used to study the role of the ESCRT machinery in cancer development, to highlight common grounds and present certain controversies in the field. ..
- Halbsgut N, Linnemannstöns K, Zimmermann L, Wodarz A. Apical-basal polarity in Drosophila neuroblasts is independent of vesicular trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4373-9 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, we found that none of these mutations affected NB polarity, demonstrating that NB cortical polarity is independent of plasma membrane polarity and that the PAR proteins function in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Tjota M, Lee S, Wu J, Williams J, Khanna M, Thomas G. Annexin B9 binds to ?(H)-spectrin and is required for multivesicular body function in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2914-26 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AnxB9 and ?(H) are intimately involved in endosomal trafficking to the MVB and play a role in maintaining high-fidelity segregation of the apical and lateral domains. ..
- Lee G, Liang C, Park G, Jang C, Jung J, Chung J. UVRAG is required for organ rotation by regulating Notch endocytosis in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2011;356:588-97 pubmed publisher..Consistently, UVRAG-mutated heterotaxy patient cells also display highly increased Notch protein levels. These results suggest evolutionarily conserved roles of UVRAG in organ rotation by regulating Notch endocytic degradation. ..
- Juhasz G, Hill J, Yan Y, Sass M, Baehrecke E, Backer J, et al. The class III PI(3)K Vps34 promotes autophagy and endocytosis but not TOR signaling in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:655-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Vps34 is regulated by TOR-dependent nutrient signals directly at sites of autophagosome formation. ..
- Philips J, Porto M, Wang H, Rubin E, Perrimon N. ESCRT factors restrict mycobacterial growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3070-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that, in mammalian cells, the ESCRT machinery plays a conserved role in restricting bacterial growth. ..
- Ohsawa S, Takemoto D, Igaki T. Dissecting tumour heterogeneity in flies: genetic basis of interclonal oncogenic cooperation. J Biochem. 2014;156:129-36 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on describing recent findings obtained from Drosophila genetics that provide genetic basis of interclonal oncogenic cooperation in heterogeneous tumour tissue. ..
- Lee Y, Pressman S, Andress A, Kim K, White J, Cassidy J, et al. Silencing by small RNAs is linked to endosomal trafficking. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:1150-6 pubmed publisher..It may provide a means to enhance the dynamics of RNA silencing in the cytoplasm. ..
- Gilbert M, Robinson B, Moberg K. Functional interactions between the erupted/tsg101 growth suppressor gene and the DaPKC and rbf1 genes in Drosophila imaginal disc tumors. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7039 pubmed publisher..Loss of ept or other genes that encode components of the endocytic machinery (e.g. synatxin7/avalanche, rab5, and vps25) produces disorganized overgrowth of imaginal disc tissue...
- Shravage B, Hill J, Powers C, Wu L, Baehrecke E. Atg6 is required for multiple vesicle trafficking pathways and hematopoiesis in Drosophila. Development. 2013;140:1321-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, like mammals, altered Atg6 function in flies causes hematopoietic abnormalities and lethality, and our data indicate that this is due to defects in multiple membrane trafficking processes. ..