Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps16A
Description: Vacuolar protein sorting 16A
Alias: CG8454, DmVps16, Dmel\CG8454, V16, Vps16, dVps16A, vps16A, vacuolar protein sorting 16A, CG8454-PA, Vps16, Vps16A-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Lotti F, Imlach W, Saieva L, Beck E, Hao L, Li D, et al. An SMN-dependent U12 splicing event essential for motor circuit function. Cell. 2012;151:440-54 pubmed publisher..These findings directly link defective splicing of critical neuronal genes induced by SMN deficiency to motor circuit dysfunction, establishing a molecular framework for the selective pathology of SMA. ..
- Williamson W, Wang D, Haberman A, Hiesinger P. A dual function of V0-ATPase a1 provides an endolysosomal degradation mechanism in Drosophila melanogaster photoreceptors. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:885-99 pubmed publisher..We propose that V100 exerts a temporally integrated dual function that increases neuronal degradative capacity. ..
- Haberman A, Akbar M, Ray S, KRAMER H. Drosophila acinus encodes a novel regulator of endocytic and autophagic trafficking. Development. 2010;137:2157-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that dacn encodes a regulator of endosomal and autophagosomal dynamics, modulating developmental signaling and the cellular response to starvation. ..
- Chi C, Zhu H, Han M, Zhuang Y, Wu X, Xu T. Disruption of lysosome function promotes tumor growth and metastasis in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21817-23 pubmed publisher..Knocking down either of the two other components of the Class C VPS complex, carnation (car) and vps16A, also renders Ras(V12) cells capable for uncontrolled growth and metastatic behavior...
- Nagy P, Varga Ã, KovÃ¡cs A, TakÃ¡ts S, JuhÃ¡sz G. How and why to study autophagy in Drosophila: it's more than just a garbage chute. Methods. 2015;75:151-61 pubmed publisher..We show examples for results obtained in different assays, explain how to interpret these with regard to autophagic activity, and how to find out which step of autophagy a given gene product is involved in. ..
- Ismat A, Cheshire A, Andrew D. The secreted AdamTS-A metalloprotease is required for collective cell migration. Development. 2013;140:1981-93 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of AdamTS-A function in the SG suggests a novel role for ADAMTS proteins in detaching cells from the apical ECM, facilitating tube elongation during collective cell migration. ..
- Han C, Song Y, Xiao H, Wang D, Franc N, Jan L, et al. Epidermal cells are the primary phagocytes in the fragmentation and clearance of degenerating dendrites in Drosophila. Neuron. 2014;81:544-560 pubmed publisher..Our finding reveals the physiological importance of coordination between neurons and their surrounding epidermis, for both dendrite fragmentation and clearance. ..
- Falcon Perez J, Romero Calderon R, Brooks E, Krantz D, Dell Angelica E. The Drosophila pigmentation gene pink (p) encodes a homologue of human Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome 5 (HPS5). Traffic. 2007;8:154-68 pubmed..The phenotype of pink mutants was exacerbated by mutations in AP-3 subunits or in the orthologs of VPS33A and Rab38. These results validate D. melanogaster as a genetic model to study the function of the BLOCs. ..