Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vha68-2
Description: Vacuolar H[+] ATPase 68 kDa subunit 2
Alias: A subunit, ATP6V1A, CG3762, Dmel\CG3762, MENE-R6, RE30552p, Vha68, Vha68.2, l(2)01510, l(2)s4214, vha67-2, vha68-2, vacuolar H[+] ATPase 68 kDa subunit 2, CG3762-PA, CG3762-PB, CG3762-PC, CG3762-PD, CG3762-PE, CG3762-PF, V-ATPase 69 kDa subunit 2, Vha68-2-PA, Vha68-2-PB, Vha68-2-PC, Vha68-2-PD, Vha68-2-PE, Vha68-2-PF, vacuolar ATPase, vacuolar H[+] ATPase subunit 68-2
Species: fruit fly
- Vaccari T, Duchi S, Cortese K, Tacchetti C, Bilder D. The vacuolar ATPase is required for physiological as well as pathological activation of the Notch receptor. Development. 2010;137:1825-32 pubmed publisher..regulate Notch activation in endosomes, we isolated mutants in Drosophila genes that encode subunits of the vacuolar ATPase (V-ATPase) proton pump...
- Terhzaz S, Southall T, Lilley K, Kean L, Allan A, Davies S, et al. Differential gel electrophoresis and transgenic mitochondrial calcium reporters demonstrate spatiotemporal filtering in calcium control of mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18849-58 pubmed..The results highlight the dynamic nature and both spatial and temporal heterogeneity of calcium signaling possible in differentiated, organotypic cells and provide a new model for neuroendocrine control of V-ATPase. ..
- Dow J. The multifunctional Drosophila melanogaster V-ATPase is encoded by a multigene family. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1999;31:75-83 pubmed..7.1, and vhaM9.7.2 are described. The Drosophila V-ATPase model is thus well-suited to both forward and reverse genetic analysis of this complex multifunctional enzyme. ..
- Day J, Wan S, Allan A, Kean L, Davies S, Gray J, et al. Identification of two partners from the bacterial Kef exchanger family for the apical plasma membrane V-ATPase of Metazoa. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2612-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, both CG10806 and CG31052 are functionally members of the CPA2 gene family, colocalise to the same apical membrane as the plasma membrane V-ATPase and show distinct ion specificities, as expected for the Wieczorek exchanger. ..
- Overend G, Luo Y, Henderson L, Douglas A, Davies S, Dow J. Molecular mechanism and functional significance of acid generation in the Drosophila midgut. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27242 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the acidic gut region protects the insect and gut microbiome from pathological disruption, and shed light on the mechanisms by which low pH can be maintained in the absence of H(+), K(+) ATPase. ..
- Mauvezin C, Nagy P, JuhÃ¡sz G, Neufeld T. Autophagosome-lysosome fusion is independent of V-ATPase-mediated acidification. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7007 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that lysosomal acidification is not a prerequisite for fusion, and that BafilomycinA1 inhibits fusion independent of its effect on lysosomal pH. ..