Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vha55
Description: Vacuolar H[+]-ATPase 55kD subunit
Alias: 1208/13, ATP6V1B1, CG17369, Dmel\CG17369, SzA, V-ATPase, VAT-2, l(3)87Ca, l(3)SzA, l(3)j2E9, vha55, vacuolar H[+]-ATPase 55kD subunit, B subunit, B subunit of V-ATPase, CG17369-PA, CG17369-PB, CG17369-PC, V-ATPase B-subunit, V-ATPase subunit B, V1 B subunit, Vha55-PA, Vha55-PB, Vha55-PC, vacuolar ATP synthase subunit B, vacuolar ATPase B subunit, vacuolar H+-ATPase 55kD B subunit, vacuolar H+ATPase subunit B, vacuolar H[+]-ATPase, vacuolar H[+]-ATPase 55-kDa B subunit, vacuolar H[+]-ATPase 55kD B subunit
Species: fruit fly
- Kapoun A, Kaufman T. Regulatory regions of the homeotic gene proboscipedia are sensitive to chromosomal pairing. Genetics. 1995;140:643-58 pubmed..Interestingly, the intronic PS regions contain positive regulatory sequences for pb, whereas the upstream PS sites contain pb negative regulatory elements. ..
- Davies S, Goodwin S, Kelly D, Wang Z, Sözen M, Kaiser K, et al. Analysis and inactivation of vha55, the gene encoding the vacuolar ATPase B-subunit in Drosophila melanogaster reveals a larval lethal phenotype. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:30677-84 pubmed..A Drosophila melanogaster cDNA encoding vha55, the 55-kDa vacuolar ATPase (V-ATPase) regulatory B-subunit, was characterized and mapped to 87C2-4 on chromosome ..
- Dow J. The multifunctional Drosophila melanogaster V-ATPase is encoded by a multigene family. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1999;31:75-83 pubmed..7.1, and vhaM9.7.2 are described. The Drosophila V-ATPase model is thus well-suited to both forward and reverse genetic analysis of this complex multifunctional enzyme. ..
- Pyza E, Borycz J, Giebultowicz J, Meinertzhagen I. Involvement of V-ATPase in the regulation of cell size in the fly's visual system. J Insect Physiol. 2004;50:985-94 pubmed..As a result bafilomycin abolished the day/night difference in axon size in L1 and L2, their sizes being similar during the day and night. ..
- Verma P, Tapadia M. Epithelial immune response in Drosophila malpighian tubules: interplay between Diap2 and ion channels. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:1078-95 pubmed publisher..Thus Diap2 seems to be a key regulator of epithelial immune response in MTs, perhaps by modulating ion channels. ..
- Yan Y, Denef N, Schupbach T. The vacuolar proton pump, V-ATPase, is required for notch signaling and endosomal trafficking in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2009;17:387-402 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Rbcn-3 affects Notch signaling and trafficking through regulating V-ATPase function, which implies that the acidification of an intracellular compartment in the receiving cells is crucial for signaling. ..
- Carrera P, Abrell S, Kerber B, Walldorf U, Preiss A, Hoch M, et al. A modifier screen in the eye reveals control genes for Krüppel activity in the Drosophila embryo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:10779-84 pubmed..The results indicate that the Kr gain-of-function mutation If provides a tool to identify genes that are active during eye development and that a number of them function also in the control of Kr-dependent developmental processes. ..
- Vazquez M, Moore L, Kennison J. The trithorax group gene osa encodes an ARID-domain protein that genetically interacts with the brahma chromatin-remodeling factor to regulate transcription. Development. 1999;126:733-42 pubmed..The OSA protein contains an ARID domain, a DNA-binding domain also present in the yeast SWI1 and Drosophila DRI proteins. We propose that the OSA protein may target the BRM complex to Antennapedia and other regulated genes. ..
- Terhzaz S, Teets N, Cabrero P, Henderson L, Ritchie M, Nachman R, et al. Insect capa neuropeptides impact desiccation and cold tolerance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:2882-7 pubmed publisher..This work augments our understanding of how stress tolerance is mediated by neuroendocrine signaling and illustrates the use of rationally designed peptide analogs as agents for disrupting protective stress tolerance. ..
- McCarron M, Duttaroy A, Doughty G, Chovnick A. Drosophila P element transposase induces male recombination additively and without a requirement for P element excision or insertion. Genetics. 1994;136:1013-23 pubmed..Crossovers increased 58-fold in the immediate region of the P element target. ..
- Sun Y, An S, Henrich V, Sun X, Song Q. Proteomic identification of PKC-mediated expression of 20E-induced protein in Drosophila melanogaster. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:4478-88 pubmed publisher..The data further indicate that PKC-mediated phosphorylation is also required for genes regulated indirectly by 20E-induced changes in the larval salivary gland...
- Nikolova L, Metzstein M. Intracellular lumen formation in Drosophila proceeds via a novel subcellular compartment. Development. 2015;142:3964-73 pubmed publisher..In general, our ultrastructural analysis methods could be useful for a wide range of cellular investigations in Drosophila larvae. ..
- Tognon E, Kobia F, Busi I, Fumagalli A, De Masi F, Vaccari T. Control of lysosomal biogenesis and Notch-dependent tissue patterning by components of the TFEB-V-ATPase axis in Drosophila melanogaster. Autophagy. 2016;12:499-514 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that lysosomal-associated functions regulated by the TFEB-V-ATPase axis might play a conserved role in shaping cell fate. ..
- Gausz J, Bencze G, Gyurkovics H, Ashburner M, Ish Horowicz D, Holden J. Genetic Characterization of the 87c Region of the Third Chromosome of DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER. Genetics. 1979;93:917-34 pubmed..No mutations localized to 87C1-C3. The inability to induce mutations in the 87C1 heat-shock puff locus is consistent with the current interpretation of a duplication of coding sequences at the 87A7 and 87C1 heat-shock puffs. ..
- Sözen M, Armstrong J, Yang M, Kaiser K, Dow J. Functional domains are specified to single-cell resolution in a Drosophila epithelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5207-12 pubmed..Building upon recent advances in Drosophila Malpighian tubule physiology, the present study confirms this tissue as a singular model for integrative physiology...
- Vaccari T, Duchi S, Cortese K, Tacchetti C, Bilder D. The vacuolar ATPase is required for physiological as well as pathological activation of the Notch receptor. Development. 2010;137:1825-32 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that the ionic properties of the endosomal lumen might regulate Notch cleavage, providing a rationale for physiological as well as pathological endocytic control of Notch activity. ..
- Kennison J. Transcriptional activation of Drosophila homeotic genes from distant regulatory elements. Trends Genet. 1993;9:75-9 pubmed..Some of the trans-acting proteins may facilitate interactions between cis-regulatory elements and the promoter by bringing together distant chromosomal elements. ..
- Kassis J. Unusual properties of regulatory DNA from the Drosophila engrailed gene: three "pairing-sensitive" sites within a 1.6-kb region. Genetics. 1994;136:1025-38 pubmed..I propose that engrailed PS sites normally act to promote interactions between distantly located engrailed regulatory sites and the engrailed promoter. ..
- Hermle T, Guida M, Beck S, Helmstädter S, Simons M. Drosophila ATP6AP2/VhaPRR functions both as a novel planar cell polarity core protein and a regulator of endosomal trafficking. EMBO J. 2013;32:245-59 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest two roles for VhaPRR, one for PCP and another in endosomal trafficking. This dual function establishes VhaPRR as a key factor in epithelial morphogenesis...
- Domanitskaya E, Liu H, Chen S, Kubli E. The hydroxyproline motif of male sex peptide elicits the innate immune response in Drosophila females. FEBS J. 2007;274:5659-68 pubmed..We suggest that SP acts by chemical mimicry of sugar components of the bacterial cell wall. Thus, SP may induce the immune system via pattern recognition receptors. ..
- FarkaÅ¡ R, BeÅˆovÃ¡ LiszekovÃ¡ D, MentelovÃ¡ L, Mahmood S, ÄŽatkovÃ¡ Z, BeÅˆo M, et al. Vacuole dynamics in the salivary glands of Drosophila melanogaster during prepupal development. Dev Growth Differ. 2015;57:74-96 pubmed publisher..have used specific metabolic inhibitors and genetic tools, including mutations or transgenes for shi, Rab5, Rab11, vha55, vha68-2, vha36-1, syx1A, syx4, and Vps35 to characterize the dramatic series of cellular changes occurring in the ..
- Nagel B, Bechtold M, Rodriguez L, Bogdan S. Drosophila WASH is required for integrin-mediated cell adhesion, cell motility and lysosomal neutralization. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:344-359 pubmed publisher..WASH physically interacts with the vacuolar (V)-ATPase subunit Vha55 that is crucial to establish and maintain lysosome acidification...
- Wang J, Binks T, Warr C, Burke R. Vacuolar-type H(+)-ATPase subunits and the neurogenic protein big brain are required for optimal copper and zinc uptake. Metallomics. 2014;6:2100-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that metal ion transport is particularly sensitive to disturbances in cellular protein localization processes. ..
- Lopez A, Higuet D, Rosset R, Deutsch J, Peronnet F. corto genetically interacts with Pc-G and trx-G genes and maintains the anterior boundary of Ultrabithorax expression in Drosophila larvae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;266:572-83 pubmed..also genetically interacts with a number of trx-G genes (ash1, kismet, kohtalo, moira, osa, Trithorax-like and Vha55)...
- Harding K, Gellon G, McGinnis N, McGinnis W. A screen for modifiers of Deformed function in Drosophila. Genetics. 1995;140:1339-52 pubmed..Two of these genes, cap 'n' collar and defaced, have defects in embryonic head development that are similar to defects seen in loss of function Deformed mutants. ..
- Du J, Kean L, Allan A, Southall T, Davies S, McInerny C, et al. The SzA mutations of the B subunit of the Drosophila vacuolar H+ ATPase identify conserved residues essential for function in fly and yeast. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2542-51 pubmed..Here, mutations underlying five extant lethal alleles of vha55, encoding the B subunit, were identified, including a premature termination codon and two mutations very close to residues thought to ..