Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vha16-1
Description: Vacuolar H[+] ATPase 16kD subunit 1
Alias: ATP6V0C, BcDNA:SD02875, CG3161, Dmel\CG3161, DucC, EP2372, MRE15, V-ATPase, Vha1, Vha16, Vhac, vha16, vha16-1, vacuolar H[+] ATPase 16kD subunit 1, CG3161-PA, CG3161-PB, CG3161-PC, CG3161-PD, Vha16-1-PA, Vha16-1-PB, Vha16-1-PC, Vha16-1-PD, c subunit, ductin, ductin subunit C, ductin, vacuolar H(+)-ATPase subunit C proteolipid, mRNA-like ncRNA in embryogenesis 15, vacuolar H[+] ATPase 16kD subunit, vacuolar H[+] ATPase subunit 16-1, vacuolar H[+]-ATPase c subunit
Species: fruit fly
- KrÃ¼ger J, Bohrmann J. Bioelectric patterning during oogenesis: stage-specific distribution of membrane potentials, intracellular pH and ion-transport mechanisms in Drosophila ovarian follicles. BMC Dev Biol. 2015;15:1 pubmed publisher..Characteristic stage-specific changes of bioelectric activity in specialized cell types are correlated with various developmental processes. ..
- Costa A, Loh S, Martins L. Drosophila Trap1 protects against mitochondrial dysfunction in a PINK1/parkin model of Parkinson's disease. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e467 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Trap1 works downstream of Pink1 and in parallel with parkin in Drosophila, and that enhancing its function may ameliorate mitochondrial dysfunction and rescue neurodegeneration in PD. ..
- Rendina R, Strangi A, Avallone B, Giordano E. Bap170, a subunit of the Drosophila PBAP chromatin remodeling complex, negatively regulates the EGFR signaling. Genetics. 2010;186:167-81 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, genetic evidence also indicates that Bap170-mediated repression of rho is inhibited by EGFR signaling, suggesting a scenario of mutual antagonism between EGFR signaling and PBAP function. ..
- Dow J. The multifunctional Drosophila melanogaster V-ATPase is encoded by a multigene family. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1999;31:75-83 pubmed..our knowledge of the V-ATPase gene family size and the new Drosophila genes vhaSFD, vha100-1, vha100-2, vha100-3, vha16-2, vha16-3, vha16-4, vhaPPA1, vhaPPA2, vhaM9.7.1, and vhaM9.7.2 are described...
- Petzoldt A, Gleixner E, Fumagalli A, Vaccari T, Simons M. Elevated expression of the V-ATPase C subunit triggers JNK-dependent cell invasion and overgrowth in a Drosophila epithelium. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:689-700 pubmed publisherThe C subunit of the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase or V-ATPase regulates the activity and assembly of the proton pump at cellular membranes...
- Dow J, Davies S, Guo Y, Graham S, Finbow M, Kaiser K. Molecular genetic analysis of V-ATPase function in Drosophila melanogaster. J Exp Biol. 1997;200:237-45 pubmed..These results, while providing the first gene knockouts of V-ATPases in animals, also illustrate the general utility of D. melanogaster as a model for the genetic analysis of ion transport and its control in epithelia. ..
- Tognon E, Kobia F, Busi I, Fumagalli A, De Masi F, Vaccari T. Control of lysosomal biogenesis and Notch-dependent tissue patterning by components of the TFEB-V-ATPase axis in Drosophila melanogaster. Autophagy. 2016;12:499-514 pubmed publisher..findings in Drosophila, in human breast epithelial cells we observe that impairment of the Vha16-1 human ortholog ATP6V0C changes the size and function of the endolysosomal compartment and that depletion of TFEB reduces ligand-..
- Finbow M, Goodwin S, Meagher L, Lane N, Keen J, Findlay J, et al. Evidence that the 16 kDa proteolipid (subunit c) of the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase and ductin from gap junctions are the same polypeptide in Drosophila and Manduca: molecular cloning of the Vha16k gene from Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 1994;107 ( Pt 7):1817-24 pubmedThe 16 kDa proteolipid (subunit c) of the eukaryotic vacuolar H(+)-ATPase (V-ATPase) is closely related to the ductin polypeptide that forms the connexon channel of gap junctions in the crustacean Nephrops norvegicus...
- Mauvezin C, Nagy P, JuhÃ¡sz G, Neufeld T. Autophagosome-lysosome fusion is independent of V-ATPase-mediated acidification. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7007 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that lysosomal acidification is not a prerequisite for fusion, and that BafilomycinA1 inhibits fusion independent of its effect on lysosomal pH. ..
- Bohrmann J, Bonafede A. Tissue-specific distribution and variation of the channel-forming protein ductin during development of Drosophila melanogaster. Int J Dev Biol. 2000;44:883-90 pubmed..we applied indirect immunofluorescence microscopy and immunoblots, using antisera prepared against Drosophila ductin and against Nephrops ductin...
- Bohrmann J, Lammel H. Microinjected antisera against ductin affect gastrulation in Drosophila melanogaster. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:709-21 pubmedb>Ductin is a putative connexon-forming protein in gap junctions of arthropods. To analyze the role of gap-junction mediated cell-cell communication during Drosophila embryogenesis, we used two different polyclonal anti-ductin sera...
- Meagher L, McLean P, Finbow M. Sequence of a cDNA from Drosophila coding for the 16 kD proteolipid component of the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6712 pubmed
- Lautemann J, Bohrmann J. Relating proton pumps with gap junctions: colocalization of ductin, the channel-forming subunit c of V-ATPase, with subunit a and with innexins 2 and 3 during Drosophila oogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2016;16:24 pubmed publisher..We analysed the localization of the V-ATPase components ductin (subunit c) and subunit a, and the gap-junction components innexins 2 and 3, especially in polar cells, border ..