Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vha100-1
Description: Vacuolar H[+] ATPase 100kD subunit 1
Alias: BcDNA:LD21248, CG1709, Dmel\CG1709, V0a, V100, Vha100, v0a1, v100, vha, vha100-1, vacuolar H[+] ATPase 100kD subunit 1, CG1709-PA, CG1709-PB, CG1709-PC, CG1709-PD, CG1709-PE, CG1709-PF, CG1709-PG, CG1709-PI, CG1709-PJ, CG1709-PK, V0-ATPase a1, Vha100-1-PA, Vha100-1-PB, Vha100-1-PC, Vha100-1-PD, Vha100-1-PE, Vha100-1-PF, Vha100-1-PG, Vha100-1-PI, Vha100-1-PJ, Vha100-1-PK, neuron-specific V[] subunit a1, vacuolar ATPase V0, subunit a1, vacuolar H[+] ATPase subunit 100-1
Species: fruit fly
- Romero E, Cha G, Verstreken P, Ly C, Hughes R, Bellen H, et al. Suppression of neurodegeneration and increased neurotransmission caused by expanded full-length huntingtin accumulating in the cytoplasm. Neuron. 2008;57:27-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that increased neurotransmission is at the root of neuronal degeneration caused by expanded full-length htt during early stages of pathogenesis. ..
- Wang D, Epstein D, Khalaf O, Srinivasan S, Williamson W, Fayyazuddin A, et al. Ca2+-Calmodulin regulates SNARE assembly and spontaneous neurotransmitter release via v-ATPase subunit V0a1. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:21-31 pubmed publisher..We show that the neuronal vacuolar-type H(+)-adenosine triphosphatase V0 subunit a1 (V100) can regulate the formation of SNARE complexes in a Ca(2+)-Calmodulin (CaM)-dependent manner...
- Francis D, Ghabrial A. Compensatory branching morphogenesis of stalk cells in the Drosophila trachea. Development. 2015;142:2048-57 pubmed publisher..This compensatory branching also occurs in response to injury, with damaged terminal cells being rapidly invaded by their stalk cell neighbor. ..
- ..In this issue of Cell, Hiesinger and coworkers (Hiesinger et al., 2005) present a forward genetic screen that reveals it to be necessary for synaptic vesicle fusion, independent of its role in vesicle acidification. ..
- Swetha M, Sriram V, Krishnan K, Oorschot V, Ten Brink C, Klumperman J, et al. Lysosomal membrane protein composition, acidic pH and sterol content are regulated via a light-dependent pathway in metazoan cells. Traffic. 2011;12:1037-55 pubmed publisher..Depletion of the mammalian counterpart of Light, hVps41, in a human cell line also inhibits delivery of hLAMP to endosomes, suggesting an evolutionarily conserved pathway in metazoa. ..
- Haberman A, Williamson W, Epstein D, Wang D, Rina S, Meinertzhagen I, et al. The synaptic vesicle SNARE neuronal Synaptobrevin promotes endolysosomal degradation and prevents neurodegeneration. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:261-76 pubmed publisher..Cathepsin proteases and the neuron-specific proton pump and V0 adenosine triphosphatase component V100. Overexpressing V100 partially rescued n-syb-dependent degeneration through an acidification-independent endosomal ..
- Coen K, Flannagan R, Baron S, Carraro Lacroix L, Wang D, Vermeire W, et al. Lysosomal calcium homeostasis defects, not proton pump defects, cause endo-lysosomal dysfunction in PSEN-deficient cells. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:23-35 pubmed publisher..doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2010.05.008) attributed this phenomenon to PSEN1 enabling the transport of mature V0a1 subunits of the vacuolar ATPase (V-ATPase) to lysosomes...
- Petzoldt A, Gleixner E, Fumagalli A, Vaccari T, Simons M. Elevated expression of the V-ATPase C subunit triggers JNK-dependent cell invasion and overgrowth in a Drosophila epithelium. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:689-700 pubmed publisher..In summary, our in vivo-findings demonstrate that increased levels of V-ATPase C subunit induce a Eiger/JNK-dependent cell transformation within an epithelial organ that recapitulates early carcinoma stages. ..
- Tian X, Gala U, Zhang Y, Shang W, Nagarkar Jaiswal S, di Ronza A, et al. A voltage-gated calcium channel regulates lysosomal fusion with endosomes and autophagosomes and is required for neuronal homeostasis. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002103 pubmed publisher..In summary, we present a model in which the VGCC plays a role in autophagy by regulating the fusion of AVs with lysosomes through its calcium channel activity and hence functions in maintaining neuronal homeostasis. ..