Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Usp8
Description: Ubiquitin specific protease 8
Alias: CG5798, CT18196, Dmel\CG5798, Q9VDD8, UBPY, UBPY/USP8, USP8, UbpY, Ubpy, dUBPY, ubpy, usp8, ubiquitin specific protease 8, CG5798-PA, CG5798-PB, UBPY ortholog, Usp8-PA, Usp8-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Luo W, Li Y, Tang C, Abruzzi K, Rodriguez J, Pescatore S, et al. CLOCK deubiquitylation by USP8 inhibits CLK/CYC transcription in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2536-49 pubmed publisher..We describe here the role of ubiquitin-specific protease 8 (USP8) in circadian transcriptional repression as well as the importance of CLK ubiquitylation in CLK/CYC transcription ..
- Zhang W, Zou S, Song J. Term-tissue specific models for prediction of gene ontology biological processes using transcriptional profiles of aging in drosophila melanogaster. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:129 pubmed publisher..p < 0.01). This finding may be important in biology because the genes of mitochondria play a critical role in the longevity of C. elegans and D. melanogaster. ..
- Kula Eversole E, Nagoshi E, Shang Y, Rodriguez J, Allada R, Rosbash M. Surprising gene expression patterns within and between PDF-containing circadian neurons in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13497-502 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that RNA cycling is much more prominent in circadian neurons than elsewhere in heads and may be particularly important for the functioning of these neurons. ..
- Hans F, Fiesel F, Strong J, J ckel S, Rasse T, Geisler S, et al. UBE2E ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes and ubiquitin isopeptidase Y regulate TDP-43 protein ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:19164-79 pubmed publisher..TDP-43 is ubiquitinated, we focused on the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UBE2E3 and the ubiquitin isopeptidase Y (UBPY). When cells were treated with proteasome inhibitor, ubiquitinated and insoluble TDP-43 species accumulated...
- Loncle N, Agromayor M, Martin Serrano J, Williams D. An ESCRT module is required for neuron pruning. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8461 pubmed publisher..Furthermore we show that this ESCRT module requires a direct, in vivo, interaction between Shrub/CHMP4B and the accessory protein Myopic/HD-PTP. ..
- Ristić G, Tsou W, Guzi E, Kanack A, SCAGLIONE K, Todi S. USP5 Is Dispensable for Monoubiquitin Maintenance in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9161-72 pubmed publisher..Our work indicates that a primary physiological role of USP5 is not to recycle monoubiquitin for reutilization, but that it may involve disassembly of conjugated ubiquitin to maintain proteasome function. ..
- Yang C, Sinenko S, Thomenius M, Robeson A, Freel C, Horn S, et al. The deubiquitinating enzyme DUBAI stabilizes DIAP1 to suppress Drosophila apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2014;21:604-11 pubmed publisher..DUBAI, therefore, represents a novel locus of apoptotic regulation in Drosophila, antagonizing cell death signals that would otherwise result in DIAP1 degradation. ..
- Wijnen H, Naef F, Young M. Molecular and statistical tools for circadian transcript profiling. Methods Enzymol. 2005;393:341-65 pubmed..Both comparative and temporal study designs are discussed, and their use in circadian research is illustrated with examples. Data analysis methods to assess periodic components in time series data are outlined in detail. ..
- Zhang J, Du J, Lei C, Liu M, Zhu A. Ubpy controls the stability of the ESCRT-0 subunit Hrs in development. Development. 2014;141:1473-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Ubiquitin isopeptidase Y (Ubpy) plays a conserved role in vivo in the homeostasis of an essential ESCRT-0 complex component Hrs...
- Takahashi A, Takahashi K, Ueda R, Takano Shimizu T. Natural variation of ebony gene controlling thoracic pigmentation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2007;177:1233-7 pubmed..It was found to be the difference in expression level of ebony, which codes for an enzyme in the melanin-synthesis pathway and has pleiotropic effects on vision and behavior. ..