Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Uro
Description: Urate oxidase
Alias: CG7171, Dm UO, Dmel\CG7171, UOX, anon-WO0140519.210, uro, urate oxidase, CG7171-PA, Uro-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Bergwitz C, Wee M, Sinha S, Huang J, Derobertis C, Mensah L, et al. Genetic determinants of phosphate response in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56753 pubmed publisher..We identified a number of candidate genes potentially important for the cellular response to phosphate. Evaluation of 51 genes in live flies revealed some that affect larval development, adult life span and hemolymph phosphate levels. ..
- Friedman T, Johnson D. Temporal control of urate oxidase activity in Drosophila: evidence of an autonomous timer in malpighian tubules. Science. 1977;197:477-9 pubmedThe appearance of urate oxidase activity in the Malpighian tubules of Drosophlia melanogaster is synchronized with the time of emergence of the imago from the puparium...
- Navarro Sabate A, Aguade M, Segarra C. The acid phosphatase-1 gene region in the Drosophila species of the subobscura cluster. Hereditas. 1999;130:65-75 pubmed..madeirensis and D. subobscura. These phylogenetic relationships are, however, not supported by divergence at nonsynonymous sites since the lowest Ka estimate is between D. guanche and D. subobscura. ..
- Bartolomé C, Maside X, Yi S, Grant A, Charlesworth B. Patterns of selection on synonymous and nonsynonymous variants in Drosophila miranda. Genetics. 2005;169:1495-507 pubmed..The joint intensity of selection and biased gene conversion, in terms of the product of effective population size and the sum of the selection and conversion coefficients, was estimated to be approximately 0.65. ..
- Logan Garbisch T, Bortolazzo A, Luu P, Ford A, Do D, Khodabakhshi P, et al. Developmental ethanol exposure leads to dysregulation of lipid metabolism and oxidative stress in Drosophila. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;5:49-59 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a previously uncharacterized mechanism by which ethanol causes the symptoms associated with FASD. ..