Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: unc-13
Alias: CG2999, DUNC-13, Dmel\CG2999, Dunc-13, Dunc13, Munc-13, Munc-13/UNC-13, UNC-13, UNC-13-B, Unc-13, dUNC-13, dUnc-13, drunc13, dunc-13, l(4)ry16, unc, unc-13, CG2999-PA, CG2999-PB, CG2999-PC, CG2999-PD, CG2999-PE, CG2999-PF, CG2999-PG, lethal (4) ry16, unc-13-PA, unc-13-PB, unc-13-PC, unc-13-PD, unc-13-PE, unc-13-PF, unc-13-PG, uncoordinated-13
Species: fruit fly
- Wang W, Thornton K, Berry A, Long M. Nucleotide variation along the Drosophila melanogaster fourth chromosome. Science. 2002;295:134-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, contrary to the expectation of no recombination, we identified six recombination events within the chromosome. Thus, positive Darwinian selection and recombination have affected the evolution of this chromosome...
- Adolfsen B, Littleton J. Genetic and molecular analysis of the synaptotagmin family. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2001;58:393-402 pubmed..Here we review the current literature on the function of the synaptotagmin family and discuss the implications for synaptic transmission and membrane trafficking. ..
- Küppers B, Sanchez Soriano N, Letzkus J, Technau G, Prokop A. In developing Drosophila neurones the production of gamma-amino butyric acid is tightly regulated downstream of glutamate decarboxylase translation and can be influenced by calcium. J Neurochem. 2003;84:939-51 pubmed
- Huang F, Woodruff E, Mohrmann R, Broadie K. Rolling blackout is required for synaptic vesicle exocytosis. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2369-79 pubmed..We conclude that RBO plays an essential role in neurotransmitter release, downstream of SV docking, likely mediating SV fusion. ..
- Rieder L, Savva Y, Reyna M, Chang Y, Dorsky J, Rezaei A, et al. Dynamic response of RNA editing to temperature in Drosophila. BMC Biol. 2015;13:1 pubmed publisher..Environmental cues, in this case temperature, rapidly reprogram the Drosophila transcriptome through RNA editing, presumably resulting in altered proteomic ratios of edited and unedited proteins. ..
- Stocker J, Huang H, Wang H, Chang H, Chiu C, Cho C, et al. Reduction of RNA A-to-I editing in Drosophila acclimated to heat shock. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2013;29:478-83 pubmed publisher..However, how RNA editing confers heat resistance is more complicated and requires further investigation. ..
- Zhang Y, Broadie K. Cloning, mapping and tissue-specific expression of Drosophila clathrin-associated protein AP50 gene. Gene. 1999;233:171-9 pubmed..The two other Drosophila members of the medium-chain family of clathrin-associated protein complexes, AP47 and mu3, have also been identified and mapped to 85D20-D27 and 6E1-E4, respectively. ..
- Richmond J, Broadie K. The synaptic vesicle cycle: exocytosis and endocytosis in Drosophila and C. elegans. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2002;12:499-507 pubmed..Work in the past year has revealed that Unc-13 and Rab3a-interacting molecule regulate the conformational state of syntaxin to prime synaptic vesicle fusion...
- Spradling A, Rubin G. Transposition of cloned P elements into Drosophila germ line chromosomes. Science. 1982;218:341-7 pubmed..Thus P elements can efficiently and selectively transpose from extrachromosomal DNA to the DNA of germ line chromosomes in Drosophila embryos. These observations provide the basis for efficient DNA-mediated gene transfer in Drosophila. ..
- Kadener S, Rodriguez J, Abruzzi K, Khodor Y, Sugino K, Marr M, et al. Genome-wide identification of targets of the drosha-pasha/DGCR8 complex. RNA. 2009;15:537-45 pubmed publisher..e., excess Drosha cleaves pasha/DGCR8 primary transcripts and leads to a reduction in pasha/DGCR8 mRNA levels and Pasha/DGCR8 synthesis. ..
- Graze R, Novelo L, Amin V, Fear J, Casella G, Nuzhdin S, et al. Allelic imbalance in Drosophila hybrid heads: exons, isoforms, and evolution. Mol Biol Evol. 2012;29:1521-32 pubmed publisher..However, there is no evidence that adaptive evolution drives most of the cis regulatory divergence that is observed. The majority of genes showed patterns consistent with stabilizing selection and neutral evolutionary processes. ..
- Bhogal B, Jepson J, Savva Y, Pepper A, Reenan R, Jongens T. Modulation of dADAR-dependent RNA editing by the Drosophila fragile X mental retardation protein. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1517-24 pubmed publisher..These results link dFMR1 with the RNA-editing pathway and suggest that proper NMJ synaptic architecture requires modulation of dADAR activity by dFMR1. ..
- Aravamudan B, Broadie K. Synaptic Drosophila UNC-13 is regulated by antagonistic G-protein pathways via a proteasome-dependent degradation mechanism. J Neurobiol. 2003;54:417-38 pubmedb>UNC-13 is a highly conserved plasma membrane-associated synaptic protein implicated in the regulation of neurotransmitter release through the direct modulation of the SNARE exocytosis complex...
- Renden R, Berwin B, Davis W, Ann K, Chin C, Kreber R, et al. Drosophila CAPS is an essential gene that regulates dense-core vesicle release and synaptic vesicle fusion. Neuron. 2001;31:421-37 pubmed..We conclude that dCAPS is required for dense-core vesicle release and that a dCAPS-dependent mechanism modulates synaptic vesicle release at glutamatergic synapses. ..
- Korhonen L, Lindholm D. The ubiquitin proteasome system in synaptic and axonal degeneration: a new twist to an old cycle. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:27-30 pubmed..Increased knowledge of the UPS in synaptic and axonal reactions may provide novel drug targets for treatments of neuronal injuries and neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Reddy Alla S, Böhme M, Reynolds E, Beis C, Grasskamp A, Mampell M, et al. Stable Positioning of Unc13 Restricts Synaptic Vesicle Fusion to Defined Release Sites to Promote Synchronous Neurotransmission. Neuron. 2017;95:1350-1364.e12 pubmed publisher..Thus, release site generation by the Unc13A C terminus and their specific AZ localization via the N terminus ensure efficient transmission and prevent ectopic, temporally imprecise release. ..