Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: unc-104
Alias: CG8566, DUNC104, DUnc-104, DmCG8566, DmDUnc104, DmKlp53D, Dmel\CG8566, Dunc104, Imac, KIF 1B, KIF1A, KIF1A/1B, Klp53D, Unc-104, Unc104, bris, imac, unc104, uncoordinated-104, CG8566-PB, CG8566-PC, CG8566-PD, CG8566-PE, CG8566-PF, CG8566-PG, CG8566-PH, CG8566-PI, D uncoordinated protein 104, Kinesin-3, Kinesin4B, bristly, immaculate connections, kinesin 3, unc-104 ortholog, unc-104-PB, unc-104-PC, unc-104-PD, unc-104-PE, unc-104-PF, unc-104-PG, unc-104-PH, unc-104-PI
Species: fruit fly
- Holbrook S, Finley J, Lyons E, Herman T. Loss of syd-1 from R7 neurons disrupts two distinct phases of presynaptic development. J Neurosci. 2012;32:18101-11 pubmed publisher..R7 defect and provide a possible explanation for this disparity: we show that Liprin-? promotes Kinesin-3/Unc-104/Imac-mediated axon transport independently of Syd-1 and that Kinesin-3/Unc-104/Imac is required for normal R7 bouton ..
- Ally S, Larson A, Barlan K, Rice S, Gelfand V. Opposite-polarity motors activate one another to trigger cargo transport in live cells. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:1071-82 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that mechanical interactions between opposite-polarity motors are necessary and sufficient for bidirectional organelle transport in live cells. ..
- Rui Y, Bai J, Perrimon N. Sarcomere formation occurs by the assembly of multiple latent protein complexes. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001208 pubmed publisher..Thus, sarcomere formation occurs by the coordinated assembly of multiple latent protein complexes, as opposed to sequential assembly. ..
- Kern J, Zhang Y, Kramer S, Brenman J, Rasse T. The kinesin-3, unc-104 regulates dendrite morphogenesis and synaptic development in Drosophila. Genetics. 2013;195:59-72 pubmed publisher..exchange of a conserved residue (R561H) in the forkhead-associated domain of the kinesin-3 family member Unc-104/KIF1A as the genetic cause for defects in synaptic terminal- and dendrite morphogenesis...
- Wang Y, Cruz T, Irion U, Moussian B. Differentiated muscles are mandatory for gas-filling of the Drosophila airway system. Biol Open. 2015;4:1753-61 pubmed publisher..We think that in analogy to the function of smooth muscles in vertebrate lungs, a balance of physical forces between muscles and the elasticity of tracheal walls may be decisive for tracheal terminal differentiation in Drosophila. ..
- Kim A, Endow S. A kinesin family tree. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 21:3681-2 pubmed
- Sugie A, Hakeda Suzuki S, Suzuki E, Silies M, Shimozono M, MÃ¶hl C, et al. Molecular Remodeling of the Presynaptic Active Zone of Drosophila Photoreceptors via Activity-Dependent Feedback. Neuron. 2015;86:711-25 pubmed publisher..of microtubule meshwork organization downstream of the divergent canonical Wnt pathway, potentially via Kinesin-3 Imac. These data reveal that active zone composition can be regulated in vivo and identify the underlying molecular ..
- Johnson E, Fetter R, Davis G. Negative regulation of active zone assembly by a newly identified SR protein kinase. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000193 pubmed publisher..This mechanism could contribute to the speed and specificity with which AZs are assembled throughout the nervous system. ..
- Dagenbach E, Endow S. A new kinesin tree. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:3-7 pubmed