Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: uex
Alias: 41Ad, CG40084, CG42595, CR41594, Dmel\CG42595, Dmel_CG40084, Dmel_CR41594, EMS45-73, GroupIII, IR3, l(2)41Ad, l(2)EMS34-7, l(2)IR3, l(2R)A', l(2R)EMS45-73, l(2Rh)IR3, unextended, CG42595-PE, CG42595-PF, CG42595-PG, CG42595-PH, lethal (2) IR3, uex-PE, uex-PF, uex-PG, uex-PH
Species: fruit fly
- Gatti M, Pimpinelli S. Functional elements in Drosophila melanogaster heterochromatin. Annu Rev Genet. 1992;26:239-75 pubmed
- Dimitri P. Cytogenetic analysis of the second chromosome heterochromatin of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1991;127:553-64 pubmed..The l(2)41Aa, l(2)41Ab, rolled (l(2)41Ac) and l(2)41Ad loci are located within the proximal heterochromatin of 2R, while the nine remaining loci in the left arm and two (..
- Brittnacher J, Ganetzky B. On the components of segregation distortion in Drosophila melanogaster. IV. Construction and analysis of free duplications for the Responder locus. Genetics. 1989;121:739-50 pubmed..The bearing of these results on present models of segregation distortion are discussed. ..
- Dimitri P. Constitutive heterochromatin and transposable elements in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetica. 1997;100:85-93 pubmed..The implications of these findings on the possible impact of heterochromatic TEs on the function and evolution of the host genome are also discussed. ..
- Sharp C, Hilliker A, Holm D. Further Characterization of Genetic Elements Associated with the Segregation Distorter Phenomenon in DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER. Genetics. 1985;110:671-88 pubmed..Moreover, our analysis reveals a probable association of the E(SD) locus with a meiotic drive independent of that caused by Sd. ..
- Chew S, Chen P, Link N, GALINDO K, Pogue K, Abrams J. Genome-wide silencing in Drosophila captures conserved apoptotic effectors. Nature. 2009;460:123-7 pubmed publisher..Similarly, the human Tango7 counterpart, PCID1 (also known as EIF3M), impinged on caspase 9, revealing a new regulatory axis affecting the apoptosome. ..