Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: turtle
Alias: CG15426, CG15427, CG15428, CT35489, CT35490, Dmel\CG15427, Tutl, jf4, l(2)01085, l(2)24Df, l(2)jf4, mdcds_7441, turtle, CG15427-PA, CG15427-PC, CG15427-PD, CG15427-PE, CG15427-PF, CG15427-PG, CG15427-PH, CG15427-PI, CG15427-PJ, CG15427-PK, lethal(2)24Df, tutl-PA, tutl-PC, tutl-PD, tutl-PE, tutl-PF, tutl-PG, tutl-PH, tutl-PI, tutl-PJ, tutl-PK
Species: fruit fly
- Zhou Y, Cameron S, Chang W, Rao Y. Control of directional change after mechanical stimulation in Drosophila. Mol Brain. 2012;5:39 pubmed publisher..analysis indicates an important role for the evolutionarily conserved immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily protein Turtle (Tutl) to regulate touch-initiated directional change...
- The Drosophila protein Turtle and the vertebrate proteins immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF), member 9 (IGSF9/Dasm1) and IGSF9B are members of an evolutionarily ancient protein family...
- Robins H, Li Y, Padgett R. Incorporating structure to predict microRNA targets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:4006-9 pubmed..One of these validated genes is mad as a target for bantam. Furthermore, our computational and experimental data suggest that miRNAs have fewer targets than previously reported. ..
- Nagai T, Mizuno K. Multifaceted roles of Furry proteins in invertebrates and vertebrates. J Biochem. 2014;155:137-46 pubmed publisher..Here, we review current knowledge about the diverse cellular functions and regulation of Fry proteins in invertebrates and vertebrates. ..
- Chen Y, Cameron S, Chang W, Rao Y. Turtle interacts with borderless in regulating glial extension and axon ensheathment. Mol Brain. 2017;10:17 pubmed publisher..Here, we present evidence showing that Bdl interacts with the Ig transmembrane protein Turtle (Tutl). Tutl is specifically expressed in photoreceptor axons...
- Cameron S, Chang W, Chen Y, Zhou Y, Taran S, Rao Y. Visual circuit assembly requires fine tuning of the novel Ig transmembrane protein Borderless. J Neurosci. 2013;33:17413-21 pubmed publisher..Bdl interacts physically and genetically with the Ig transmembrane protein Turtle, a key regulator of axonal tiling...
- Tsubouchi A, Caldwell J, Tracey W. Dendritic filopodia, Ripped Pocket, NOMPC, and NMDARs contribute to the sense of touch in Drosophila larvae. Curr Biol. 2012;22:2124-34 pubmed publisher..These cells show physiological responses to force. Ion channels in several force-sensing gene families are required for behavioral sensitivity to touch and for the formation of the actin-rich sensory filopodia. ..
- Venken K, Schulze K, Haelterman N, Pan H, He Y, Evans Holm M, et al. MiMIC: a highly versatile transposon insertion resource for engineering Drosophila melanogaster genes. Nat Methods. 2011;8:737-43 pubmed..Insertions in coding introns can be exchanged with protein-tag cassettes to create fusion proteins to follow protein expression and perform biochemical experiments. The applications of MiMIC vastly extend the D. melanogaster toolkit. ..