Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tum
Alias: 13345, AcGAP, CG13345, DRacGAP, Dmel\CG13345, RacGAP, RacGAP50C, RacGAP50c, RacGap, RacGap50C, RhoGAP-50C14, TUM, Tumbleweed, acGAP, eon, i249, racGAP50, racGAP50C, racGAP50c, tumbleweed, CG13345-PA, RacGAP50C, enhancer of naked, tum-PA
Species: fruit fly
- D Avino P, Savoian M, Capalbo L, Glover D. RacGAP50C is sufficient to signal cleavage furrow formation during cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4402-8 pubmed..Thus, the GAP component of centralspindlin is both necessary and sufficient for furrow formation and ingression and astral microtubules provide a route for its delivery to the cleavage site. ..
- Dean S, Rogers S, Stuurman N, Vale R, Spudich J. Distinct pathways control recruitment and maintenance of myosin II at the cleavage furrow during cytokinesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13473-8 pubmed..require F-actin or the two components of the centralspindlin complex, the mitotic kinesin pavarotti/MKLP1 and racGAP50c/CYK-4...
- Meyer H, Panz M, Albrecht S, Drechsler M, Wang S, Hüsken M, et al. Drosophila metalloproteases in development and differentiation: the role of ADAM proteins and their relatives. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:770-8 pubmed publisher..Herein we summarize our results with a particular focus on metalloproteases with known or potential roles in tissue differentiation. ..
- Sfregola M. Centralspindlin is required for thorax development during Drosophila metamorphosis. Genesis. 2014;52:387-98 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the emerging role of centralspindlin in regulating cell migration and cell adhesion in addition to its previously known function during cytokinesis. ..
- Roth M, Roubinet C, IfflÃ¤nder N, Ferrand A, Cabernard C. Asymmetrically dividing Drosophila neuroblasts utilize two spatially and temporally independent cytokinesis pathways. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6551 pubmed publisher..These results support the model that two spatially and temporally separate pathways control different key aspects during asymmetric cell division, ensuring correct cell fate determinant segregation and neuroblast self-renewal. ..
- Bassi Z, Audusseau M, Riparbelli M, Callaini G, D Avino P. Citron kinase controls a molecular network required for midbody formation in cytokinesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9782-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that CIT-K is likely to act at the top of the midbody-formation hierarchy by connecting and regulating a molecular network of contractile ring components and microtubule-associated proteins...
- Crest J, Concha Moore K, Sullivan W. RhoGEF and positioning of rappaport-like furrows in the early Drosophila embryo. Curr Biol. 2012;22:2037-41 pubmed publisher..positioning is explained by our finding that the conserved central spindle components centralspindlin (mKLP1 and RacGAP50C), Polo, and Fascetto (Prc1) localize to the astral microtubule overlap region...
- Nakamura M, Verboon J, Parkhurst S. Prepatterning by RhoGEFs governs Rho GTPase spatiotemporal dynamics during wound repair. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3959-3969 pubmed publisher..Thus, Annexin proteins may link membrane resealing to cytoskeletal remodeling processes in single cell wound repair. ..
- Jones W, Chao A, Zavortink M, Saint R, Bejsovec A. Cytokinesis proteins Tum and Pav have a nuclear role in Wnt regulation. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2179-89 pubmed publisher..The fly homolog of RacGAP1, Tumbleweed (Tum)/RacGAP50C, and its binding partner, the kinesin-like protein Pavarotti (Pav), negatively regulate Wnt ..
- Goldstein A, Jan Y, Luo L. Function and regulation of Tumbleweed (RacGAP50C) in neuroblast proliferation and neuronal morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:3834-9 pubmed..2000) J. Cell Biol. 149, 1391-1404]. We report here that RacGAP50C corresponds to the tumbleweed (tum) gene previously identified based on its defects in dendrite development of sensory neurons [Gao, F. B...
- Sotillos S, Campuzano S. DRacGAP, a novel Drosophila gene, inhibits EGFR/Ras signalling in the developing imaginal wing disc. Development. 2000;127:5427-38 pubmedWe have identified a novel Drosophila gene, DRacGAP, which behaves as a negative regulator of &Rgr;-family GTPases DRac1 and DCdc42...
- Hu H, Li M, Labrador J, McEwen J, Lai E, Goodman C, et al. Cross GTPase-activating protein (CrossGAP)/Vilse links the Roundabout receptor to Rac to regulate midline repulsion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:4613-8 pubmed..Dosage-sensitive genetic interactions among CrGAP, Robo, and Rac support a model in which CrGAP transduces signals downstream of Robo receptor to regulate Rac-dependent cytoskeletal changes. ..
- Guerin C, Kramer S. RacGAP50C directs perinuclear gamma-tubulin localization to organize the uniform microtubule array required for Drosophila myotube extension. Development. 2009;136:1411-21 pubmed publisher..We have identified a novel postmitotic function for the cytokinesis proteins RacGAP50C (Tumbleweed) and Pavarotti as essential regulators of MT organization during Drosophila myogenesis...
- Del Castillo U, Lu W, Winding M, Lakonishok M, Gelfand V. Pavarotti/MKLP1 regulates microtubule sliding and neurite outgrowth in Drosophila neurons. Curr Biol. 2015;25:200-5 pubmed publisher..These data suggest an important parallel between long microtubule-microtubule sliding in anaphase B and sliding of interphase microtubules during neurite formation. ..
- Gregory S, Lorensuhewa N, Saint R. Signalling through the RhoGEF Pebble in Drosophila. IUBMB Life. 2010;62:290-5 pubmed publisher..We discuss its roles in cytokinesis and cell migration, highlighting the diversity with which Rho family signalling pathways operate in biological systems. ..
- Liu Y, Ge Q, Chan B, Liu H, Singh S, Manley J, et al. Whole-animal genome-wide RNAi screen identifies networks regulating male germline stem cells in Drosophila. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12149 pubmed publisher..We also find that mitosis/cytokinesis proteins are especially important for male GSC maintenance. Our findings provide valuable insights and resources for studying stem cell regulation at the organismal level. ..
- Jones W, Bejsovec A. RacGap50C negatively regulates wingless pathway activity during Drosophila embryonic development. Genetics. 2005;169:2075-86 pubmed..mutant lines that modify wg-mediated epidermal patterning represent the first loss-of-function mutations in the RacGap50C gene...
- Lee S, Thomas G. Rac1 modulation of the apical domain is negatively regulated by ? (Heavy)-spectrin. Mech Dev. 2011;128:116-28 pubmed publisher..negative Rac1(N17), and this phenotype is also suppressed by the co-expression of Trio or by knockdown of RacGAP50C. We further demonstrate that a loss-of-function allele in pak, a Rac1 effector and negative regulator of ?(H)' ..
- Jang J, Rahman T, McKim K. The kinesinlike protein Subito contributes to central spindle assembly and organization of the meiotic spindle in Drosophila oocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4684-94 pubmed..We propose that Subito is required for establishing and/or maintaining the central spindle in Drosophila oocytes, and this substitutes for the role of centrosomes in organizing the bipolar spindle. ..
- Saha N, Liu M, Gajan A, Pile L. Genome-wide studies reveal novel and distinct biological pathways regulated by SIN3 isoforms. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:111 pubmed publisher..These data establish the role of SIN3 isoforms in regulating distinct biological processes. This study substantially contributes to our understanding of the complexity of gene regulation by SIN3. ..
- Sechi S, Frappaolo A, Belloni G, Giansanti M. The roles of the oncoprotein GOLPH3 in contractile ring assembly and membrane trafficking during cytokinesis. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:117-21 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been linked with pre-malignant disease and cancer, the novel connection between GOLPH3 and cytokinesis imposes new fields of investigation in cancer biology and therapy. ..
- Matus A, Shepherd G. The millennium of the dendrite?. Neuron. 2000;27:431-4 pubmed
- Unhavaithaya Y, Park E, Royzman I, Orr Weaver T. Drosophila embryonic cell-cycle mutants. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1875-80 pubmed publisher..We identified mutations in the pavarotti (pav) and tumbleweed (tum) genes needed for cytokinesis by a phenotype of large and multinucleate cells in the embryonic epidermis ..
- D Avino P, Savoian M, Glover D. Mutations in sticky lead to defective organization of the contractile ring during cytokinesis and are enhanced by Rho and suppressed by Rac. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:61-71 pubmed..Similar genetic evidence indicates that RacGAP50C inhibits Rac during cytokinesis...
- Gao F, Brenman J, Jan L, Jan Y. Genes regulating dendritic outgrowth, branching, and routing in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2549-61 pubmed..These findings begin to reveal the molecular mechanisms controlling dendritic morphogenesis. ..
- Sechi S, Colotti G, Belloni G, Mattei V, Frappaolo A, Raffa G, et al. GOLPH3 is essential for contractile ring formation and Rab11 localization to the cleavage site during cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004305 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been associated with premalignant disease and cancer, our studies suggest novel insight into molecular circuits involving the oncogene GOLPH3 in cytokinesis. ..
- Kitazawa D, Matsuo T, Kaizuka K, Miyauchi C, Hayashi D, Inoue Y. Orbit/CLASP is required for myosin accumulation at the cleavage furrow in Drosophila male meiosis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93669 pubmed publisher..Orbit was also necessary for the maintenance of the CR. Our data suggest that Orbit plays an essential role as a connector between MTs and the CR in Drosophila male meiosis. ..
- Montembault E, Zhang W, Przewloka M, Archambault V, Sevin E, Laue E, et al. Nessun Dorma, a novel centralspindlin partner, is required for cytokinesis in Drosophila spermatocytes. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1351-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Nesd is a novel carbohydrate-binding protein that functions together with centralspindlin in late cytokinesis, thus highlighting the importance of glycosylation in this process...
- Castoreno A, Smurnyy Y, Torres A, Vokes M, Jones T, Carpenter A, et al. Small molecules discovered in a pathway screen target the Rho pathway in cytokinesis. Nat Chem Biol. 2010;6:457-63 pubmed publisher..Rhodblocks differentially perturb Rho pathway proteins in cells and can be used to dissect the mechanism of the Rho pathway during cytokinesis. ..
- Das A, Shah S, Fan B, Paik D, DiSanto D, Hinman A, et al. Spindle Assembly and Chromosome Segregation Requires Central Spindle Proteins in Drosophila Oocytes. Genetics. 2016;202:61-75 pubmed publisher..We show, in part through the use of a heat-shock-inducible system, that the Centralspindlin component RacGAP50C and downstream regulators of cytokinesis Rho1, Sticky, and RhoGEF2 are required for homologous chromosome bi-..
- Tao L, Fasulo B, Warecki B, Sullivan W. Tum/RacGAP functions as a switch activating the Pav/kinesin-6 motor. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11182 pubmed publisher..Drosophila centralspindlin consists of a kinesin-6 motor (Pav/kinesin-6) and a GTPase-activating protein (Tum/RacGAP). Centralspindlin localization to the central spindle is mediated by Pav/kinesin-6...