Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TSG101
Description: Tumor susceptibility gene 101
Alias: CG9712, DmTSG101, Dmel\CG9712, ESCRT-I, Ept, Tsg1-1, Tsg101, burs, dTSg101, dTsg101, dVps23, ept, tsg101, vps23, tumor susceptibility gene 101, CG9712-PA, TSG101-PA, erupted, tumor suppressor protein 101, tumor susceptibility Gene-101, tumor susceptibility gene 101 ortholog
Species: fruit fly
- Fan J, Jiang K, Liu Y, Jia J. Hrs promotes ubiquitination and mediates endosomal trafficking of smoothened in Drosophila hedgehog signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79021 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that knockdown of Tsg101 accumulates Smo that is co-localized with Hrs and other late endosome markers...
- Richardson E, Pichaud F. Crumbs is required to achieve proper organ size control during Drosophila head development. Development. 2010;137:641-50 pubmed publisher..Overall, our work reveals a novel function for Crb in limiting ligand-dependent transactivation of the N receptor at the epithelial cell membrane. ..
- Philips J, Porto M, Wang H, Rubin E, Perrimon N. ESCRT factors restrict mycobacterial growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3070-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that, in mammalian cells, the ESCRT machinery plays a conserved role in restricting bacterial growth. ..
- Halbsgut N, Linnemannstöns K, Zimmermann L, Wodarz A. Apical-basal polarity in Drosophila neuroblasts is independent of vesicular trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4373-9 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, we found that none of these mutations affected NB polarity, demonstrating that NB cortical polarity is independent of plasma membrane polarity and that the PAR proteins function in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Mattissek C, Teis D. The role of the endosomal sorting complexes required for transport (ESCRT) in tumorigenesis. Mol Membr Biol. 2014;31:111-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore the aim of this review is to provide an overview on different model systems used to study the role of the ESCRT machinery in cancer development, to highlight common grounds and present certain controversies in the field. ..
- Bischoff M, Gradilla A, Seijo I, AndrÃ©s G, RodrÃguez Navas C, GonzÃ¡lez MÃ©ndez L, et al. Cytonemes are required for the establishment of a normal Hedgehog morphogen gradient in Drosophila epithelia. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1269-81 pubmed publisher..Indeed, mutant conditions that affect cytoneme formation reduce both cytoneme length and Hh gradient length. Our results suggest that cytoneme-mediated Hh transport is the mechanistic basis for Hh gradient formation. ..
- Ohsawa S, Takemoto D, Igaki T. Dissecting tumour heterogeneity in flies: genetic basis of interclonal oncogenic cooperation. J Biochem. 2014;156:129-36 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on describing recent findings obtained from Drosophila genetics that provide genetic basis of interclonal oncogenic cooperation in heterogeneous tumour tissue. ..
- Loncle N, Agromayor M, Martin Serrano J, Williams D. An ESCRT module is required for neuron pruning. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8461 pubmed publisher..Furthermore we show that this ESCRT module requires a direct, in vivo, interaction between Shrub/CHMP4B and the accessory protein Myopic/HD-PTP. ..
- Ahmad S, Sweeney S, Lee J, Sweeney N, Gao F. Genetic screen identifies serpin5 as a regulator of the toll pathway and CHMP2B toxicity associated with frontotemporal dementia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12168-73 pubmed publisher..This fly model will be useful to further dissect genetic pathways that are potentially relevant to the pathogenesis and treatment of FTD. ..
- Irion U, St Johnston D. bicoid RNA localization requires specific binding of an endosomal sorting complex. Nature. 2007;445:554-8 pubmed..This function of ESCRT-II as an RNA-binding complex is conserved in vertebrates and may clarify some of its roles that are independent of endosomal sorting. ..
- Beckett K, Monier S, Palmer L, Alexandre C, Green H, Bonneil E, et al. Drosophila S2 cells secrete wingless on exosome-like vesicles but the wingless gradient forms independently of exosomes. Traffic. 2013;14:82-96 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this conclusion, extracellularly tagged Evi expressed from a Bacterial Artificial Chromosome is not released from imaginal disc Wingless-expressing cells. ..
- Gilbert M, Robinson B, Moberg K. Functional interactions between the erupted/tsg101 growth suppressor gene and the DaPKC and rbf1 genes in Drosophila imaginal disc tumors. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7039 pubmed publisherThe Drosophila gene erupted (ept) encodes the fly homolog of human Tumor Susceptibility Gene-101 (TSG101), which functions as part of the conserved ESCRT-1 complex to facilitate the movement of cargoes through the endolysosomal pathway...
- Gilbert M, Beam C, Robinson B, Moberg K. Genetic interactions between the Drosophila tumor suppressor gene ept and the stat92E transcription factor. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7083 pubmed publisher..By contrast, Drosophila epithelial tissues lacking the TSG101 ortholog erupted (ept) develop as enlarged undifferentiated tumors, indicating that the gene can have anti-growth properties in a ..
- Sevrioukov E, Moghrabi N, Kuhn M, KRAMER H. A mutation in dVps28 reveals a link between a subunit of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-I complex and the actin cytoskeleton in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2301-12 pubmed..The first of these complexes, ESCRT-I, consists of three proteins: Vps28p, Vps37p, and Vps23p or Tsg101 in mammals. Here, we characterize a mutation in the Drosophila homolog of vps28...
- Stec W, Vidal O, Zeidler M. Drosophila SOCS36E negatively regulates JAK/STAT pathway signaling via two separable mechanisms. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3000-9 pubmed publisher..Our biochemical analysis of a SOCS-family regulator from a lower organism highlights the fundamental conserved roles played by regulatory mechanisms in signal transduction. ..
- Gradilla A, GonzÃ¡lez E, Seijo I, AndrÃ©s G, Bischoff M, GonzÃ¡lez Mendez L, et al. Exosomes as Hedgehog carriers in cytoneme-mediated transport and secretion. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5649 pubmed publisher..We propose Hh transport via exosomes along cytonemes as a significant mechanism for the restricted distribution of a lipid-modified morphogen. ..