Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trpml
Description: Transient receptor potential cation channel, mucolipin
Alias: CG8743, CT25240, DmTRPML, Dmel\CG8743, TRPML, l(3)76BDi, trpml, transient receptor potential cation channel, mucolipin, CG8743-PA, TRP mucolipin, Trpml-PA, l(3)76BDi, transient receptor potential cation channel, mucolipin ortholog, transient receptor potential mucolipin
Species: fruit fly
- Philips J, Porto M, Wang H, Rubin E, Perrimon N. ESCRT factors restrict mycobacterial growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3070-5 pubmed publisher..Using a Drosophila model of infection, we identify three host cell activities, Rab7, CG8743, and the ESCRT machinery, that modulate the mycobacterial phagosome...
- Zhu X, Sen J, Stevens L, Goltz J, Stein D. Drosophila pipe protein activity in the ovary and the embryonic salivary gland does not require heparan sulfate glycosaminoglycans. Development. 2005;132:3813-22 pubmed..Taken together, our data provide evidence that Pipe acts as a sulfotransferase, but argue against the hypothesis that the target of Pipe is a heparan sulfate glycosaminoglycan. ..
- Kwon Y, Shen W, Shim H, Montell C. Fine thermotactic discrimination between the optimal and slightly cooler temperatures via a TRPV channel in chordotonal neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:10465-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the decision to select the preferred over slightly cooler temperatures requires iav and is achieved by activating chordotonal neurons, which in turn induces repulsive behaviors, due to an increase in high angle turns. ..
- Wong C, Li R, Montell C, Venkatachalam K. Drosophila TRPML is required for TORC1 activation. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1616-21 pubmed publisherLoss-of-function mutations in TRPML1 (transient receptor potential mucolipin 1) cause the lysosomal storage disorder, mucolipidosis type IV (MLIV)...
- Feng X, Huang Y, Lu Y, Xiong J, Wong C, Yang P, et al. Drosophila TRPML forms PI(3,5)P2-activated cation channels in both endolysosomes and plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4262-72 pubmed publisherb>Transient Receptor Potential mucolipin (TRPML) channels are implicated in endolysosomal trafficking, lysosomal Ca(2+) and Fe(2+) release, lysosomal biogenesis, and autophagy...
- Venkatachalam K, Luo J, Montell C. Evolutionarily conserved, multitasking TRP channels: lessons from worms and flies. Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2014;223:937-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, worms and flies offer the potential to decipher roles for mammalian TRPs, which would otherwise not be suspected. ..
- Feng X, Xiong J, Lu Y, Xia X, Zhu M. Differential mechanisms of action of the mucolipin synthetic agonist, ML-SA1, on insect TRPML and mammalian TRPML1. Cell Calcium. 2014;56:446-56 pubmed publisherMucolipin synthetic agonist 1 (ML-SA1) was recently identified to activate mammalian TRPML channels and shown to alleviate lipid accumulation in lysosomes of cellular models of lysosome storage diseases, mucolipidosis type IV (MLIV) and ..
- Wong C, Palmieri M, Li J, Akhmedov D, Chao Y, Broadhead G, et al. Diminished MTORC1-Dependent JNK Activation Underlies the Neurodevelopmental Defects Associated with Lysosomal Dysfunction. Cell Rep. 2015;12:2009-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide an explanation for the neurodevelopmental deficits in LSDs and suggest an actionable target for treatment. ..
- Zhang Y, Raghuwanshi R, Shen W, Montell C. Food experience-induced taste desensitization modulated by the Drosophila TRPL channel. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1468-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that dynamic regulation of taste receptors by ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation comprises an important molecular mechanism that allows an animal to alter its taste behavior in response to a changing food environment. ..
- Montell C. Drosophila TRP channels. Pflugers Arch. 2005;451:19-28 pubmed..As a result, the repertoire of biological roles attributed to Drosophila TRPs has increased considerably and is likely to lead to many additional surprises over the next few years. ..