Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trpgamma
Description: Transient receptor potential cation channel gamma
Alias: CG5996, DmTRPgamma, Dmel\CG5996, TRPgamma, Trp-gamma, dTRPg, dTRPgamma, trp-gamma, trpgamma, transient receptor potential cation channel gamma, CG5996-PA, CG5996-PB, CG5996-PD, Trpgamma-PA, Trpgamma-PB, Trpgamma-PD, trpgamma
Species: fruit fly
- Akitake B, Ren Q, Boiko N, Ni J, Sokabe T, Stockand J, et al. Coordination and fine motor control depend on Drosophila TRPÎ³. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7288 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that TRPÎ³ contributes to fine motor control through mechanical activation in proprioceptive organs, thereby promoting Ca(2+) influx, which is required for function. ..
- Venkatachalam K, Luo J, Montell C. Evolutionarily conserved, multitasking TRP channels: lessons from worms and flies. Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2014;223:937-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, worms and flies offer the potential to decipher roles for mammalian TRPs, which would otherwise not be suspected. ..
- Zhang Y, Raghuwanshi R, Shen W, Montell C. Food experience-induced taste desensitization modulated by the Drosophila TRPL channel. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1468-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that dynamic regulation of taste receptors by ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation comprises an important molecular mechanism that allows an animal to alter its taste behavior in response to a changing food environment. ..
- Kain P, Badsha F, Hussain S, Nair A, Hasan G, Rodrigues V. Mutants in phospholipid signaling attenuate the behavioral response of adult Drosophila to trehalose. Chem Senses. 2010;35:663-73 pubmed publisher..These data together with observations from other mutants in phospholipid signaling provide insights into the mechanisms of taste transduction in Drosophila. ..
- Jörs S, Kazanski V, Foik A, Krautwurst D, Harteneck C. Receptor-induced activation of Drosophila TRP gamma by polyunsaturated fatty acids. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:29693-702 pubmed..In addition, a third Drosophila TRPC channel, TRPgamma, has been identified and described as an auxiliary subunit of TRPL...
- Kwon Y, Shen W, Shim H, Montell C. Fine thermotactic discrimination between the optimal and slightly cooler temperatures via a TRPV channel in chordotonal neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:10465-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the decision to select the preferred over slightly cooler temperatures requires iav and is achieved by activating chordotonal neurons, which in turn induces repulsive behaviors, due to an increase in high angle turns. ..
- Montell C. Drosophila TRP channels. Pflugers Arch. 2005;451:19-28 pubmed..As a result, the repertoire of biological roles attributed to Drosophila TRPs has increased considerably and is likely to lead to many additional surprises over the next few years. ..
- Badsha F, Kain P, Prabhakar S, Sundaram S, Padinjat R, Rodrigues V, et al. Mutants in Drosophila TRPC channels reduce olfactory sensitivity to carbon dioxide. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49848 pubmed publisher..G?q has recently been implicated in olfactory sensing of carbon dioxide (CO(2)) and other odorants. Here we investigated the role of PLC? and TRPC channels for sensing CO(2) in Drosophila...
- Zelhof A, Koundakjian E, Scully A, Hardy R, Pounds L. Mutation of the photoreceptor specific homeodomain gene Pph13 results in defects in phototransduction and rhabdomere morphogenesis. Development. 2003;130:4383-92 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrate that Pph13 exerts its effect by the regulation of photoreceptor specific gene expression. ..
- Voets T, Nilius B. TRPs make sense. J Membr Biol. 2003;192:1-8 pubmed..In this review we discuss recent evidence that implicates members of the TRP superfamily in sensory signal transduction. ..
- Hardie R, Raghu P. Visual transduction in Drosophila. Nature. 2001;413:186-93 pubmed..Analysis in Drosophila has revealed many of the underlying molecular strategies, leading to the discovery and characterization of signalling molecules of widespread importance. ..