Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Traf4
Description: TNF-receptor-associated factor 4
Alias: CG3048, DTRAF, DTRAF1, Dmel\CG3048, TRAF, TRAF1, TRAF4, Traf1, dTRAF, dTRAF1, dTraf1, dTraf4, dtraf1, traf-4, traf1, traf4, TNF-receptor-associated factor 4, CG3048-PA, CG3048-PE, TNF receptor associated factor 1, TNF-receptor-associated factor 1, Traf4-PA, Traf4-PE
Species: fruit fly
- Liu H, Su Y, Becker E, Treisman J, Skolnik E. A Drosophila TNF-receptor-associated factor (TRAF) binds the ste20 kinase Misshapen and activates Jun kinase. Curr Biol. 1999;9:101-4 pubmed..We have identified a Drosophila TNF-receptor-associated factor, DTRAF1, by screening for Msn-interacting proteins using the yeast two-hybrid system...
- Mallik M, Lakhotia S. The developmentally active and stress-inducible noncoding hsromega gene is a novel regulator of apoptosis in Drosophila. Genetics. 2009;183:831-52 pubmed publisher..These observations add to the diversity of regulatory functions that the large noncoding RNAs carry out in the cells' life. ..
- Geuking P, Narasimamurthy R, Basler K. A genetic screen targeting the tumor necrosis factor/Eiger signaling pathway: identification of Drosophila TAB2 as a functionally conserved component. Genetics. 2005;171:1683-94 pubmed..Genetic epistasis and biochemical protein-protein interaction assays assign an adaptor role to dTAB2, linking dTRAF1 to the JNKKK dTAK1, demonstrating a conserved mechanism of TNF signal transduction in mammals and Drosophila...
- Lu T, MacDonald J, Neukomm L, Sheehan A, Bradshaw R, Logan M, et al. Axon degeneration induces glial responses through Draper-TRAF4-JNK signalling. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14355 pubmed publisher..We identify TNF receptor associated factor 4 (TRAF4) as a novel Draper binding partner that is required for reporter activation and phagocytosis ..
- Wu H, Arron J. TRAF6, a molecular bridge spanning adaptive immunity, innate immunity and osteoimmunology. Bioessays. 2003;25:1096-105 pubmed..It is a member of a group of six closely related TRAF proteins, which serve as adapter molecules, coupling the TNF receptor (TNFR) superfamily to intracellular signaling ..
- Vicente Crespo M, Pascual M, Fernandez Costa J, Garcia Lopez A, Monferrer L, Miranda M, et al. Drosophila muscleblind is involved in troponin T alternative splicing and apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1613 pubmed publisher..Drosophila CUG-BP1 homolog aret, exon junction complex components tsunagi and Aly, and pro-apoptotic genes Traf1 and reaper. We further investigated Muscleblind implication in apoptosis and splicing regulation...
- Marchal C, Vinatier G, Sanial M, Plessis A, Pret A, Limbourg Bouchon B, et al. The HIV-1 Vpu protein induces apoptosis in Drosophila via activation of JNK signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34310 pubmed publisher..Our results in the fly thus provide the first functional evidence linking Vpu pro-apoptotic effects to activation of the conserved JNK pathway. ..
- Nechaev S, Fargo D, dos Santos G, Liu L, Gao Y, Adelman K. Global analysis of short RNAs reveals widespread promoter-proximal stalling and arrest of Pol II in Drosophila. Science. 2010;327:335-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the intrinsic efficiency of early elongation can greatly affect gene expression. ..
- Mathew S, Rembold M, Leptin M. Role for Traf4 in polarizing adherens junctions as a prerequisite for efficient cell shape changes. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4978-93 pubmed publisher..A Twist target gene encoding a member of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor-associated factor (TRAF) family, Traf4, is involved in this process...
- CannavÃ² E, Khoueiry P, Garfield D, Geeleher P, Zichner T, Gustafson E, et al. Shadow Enhancers Are Pervasive Features of Developmental Regulatory Networks. Curr Biol. 2016;26:38-51 pubmed publisher..simple situation of having only two shadow enhancers-often there are three (rols), four (CadN and ade5), or five (Traf1), at least one of which can be deleted with no obvious phenotypic effects...
- Kuranaga E, Kanuka H, Igaki T, Sawamoto K, Ichijo H, Okano H, et al. Reaper-mediated inhibition of DIAP1-induced DTRAF1 degradation results in activation of JNK in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:705-10 pubmed..a genetic screen that a mutant of Drosophila melanogaster tumour-necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 1 (DTRAF1) is a dominant suppressor of Reaper-induced cell death...
- Kang M, Chung J, Ryoo H. CDK5 and MEKK1 mediate pro-apoptotic signalling following endoplasmic reticulum stress in an autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa model. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:409-15 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a previously unrecognized branch of ER-stress response signalling involved in degenerative diseases. ..
- Cha G, Kim S, Park J, Lee E, Kim M, Lee S, et al. Parkin negatively regulates JNK pathway in the dopaminergic neurons of Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10345-50 pubmed
- van Bergeijk P, Heimiller J, Uyetake L, Su T. Genome-wide expression analysis identifies a modulator of ionizing radiation-induced p53-independent apoptosis in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36539 pubmed publisher..These and other results support the emerging notion that there is not a single dominant mechanism but that both positive and negative inputs collaborate to induce p53-independent apoptosis in response to IR in Drosophila larvae. ..
- Clavier A, Rincheval Arnold A, Baillet A, Mignotte B, GuÃ©nal I. Two different specific JNK activators are required to trigger apoptosis or compensatory proliferation in response to Rbf1 in Drosophila. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:283-94 pubmed publisher..e. Rac1-dTak1-dMekk1-JNK pathway) and in proliferation in response to Rbf1-induced apoptosis (i.e., dTRAF1-Slipper-JNK pathway)...
- Grech A, Quinn R, Srinivasan D, Badoux X, Brink R. Complete structural characterisation of the mammalian and Drosophila TRAF genes: implications for TRAF evolution and the role of RING finger splice variants. Mol Immunol. 2000;37:721-34 pubmed..The Drosophila genome was found to contain three TRAF family genes: dTRAF1, dTRAF6 (dTRAF2) and a previously undescribed member we have designated dTRAF3...
- Ozdemir A, Fisher Aylor K, Pepke S, Samanta M, Dunipace L, McCue K, et al. High resolution mapping of Twist to DNA in Drosophila embryos: Efficient functional analysis and evolutionary conservation. Genome Res. 2011;21:566-77 pubmed publisher..Our results show that high resolution in vivo occupancy data can be used to drive efficient discovery and dissection of global and local cis-regulatory logic. ..
- Balakireva M, Rosse C, Langevin J, Chien Y, Gho M, Gonzy Treboul G, et al. The Ral/exocyst effector complex counters c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent apoptosis in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:8953-63 pubmed..We propose that the exocyst complex is Ral executioner in the JNK pathway and that a cascade from Ral to the exocyst to HGK would be a molecular basis of Ral action on JNK. ..
- Wu Y, Zhuang Y, Han M, Xu T, Deng K. Ras promotes cell survival by antagonizing both JNK and Hid signals in the Drosophila eye. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:53 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to its requirement for cell viability, Ras appears to mediate different biological roles depending on the developmental context and on the level of its expression. ..
- Sun H, Bristow B, Qu G, Wasserman S. A heterotrimeric death domain complex in Toll signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12871-6 pubmed..Furthermore, functional assays confirm that the formation of this heterotrimer is critical for signal transduction by the Toll pathway. ..
- Tang H, Liao H, Peng W, Lin H, Chen C, Chen G. Atg9 interacts with dTRAF2/TRAF6 to regulate oxidative stress-induced JNK activation and autophagy induction. Dev Cell. 2013;27:489-503 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate a dual role for Atg9 in the regulation of JNK signaling and autophagy under oxidative stress conditions. ..