Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TpnC41C
Description: Troponin C at 41C
Alias: CG2981, DmTnC1, DmTpnC41C, DmTpnCIIIa, Dmel\CG2981, TNC41C, TPNC, TnC, TnC1, TnC41C, Tnc1, TpnC IIIa, TpnC41, TpnCIIIa, troponin C at 41C, CG2981-PA, CG2981-PB, TpnC41C-PA, TpnC41C-PB, TroponinC at 41C, troponin C, troponin-C
Species: fruit fly
- Spletter M, Schnorrer F. Transcriptional regulation and alternative splicing cooperate in muscle fiber-type specification in flies and mammals. Exp Cell Res. 2014;321:90-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, research in Drosophila can provide important mechanistic insight into muscle fiber specification, which is relevant to homologous processes in mammals and to the pathology of muscle diseases. ..
- Díaz Castillo C, Golic K. Evolution of gene sequence in response to chromosomal location. Genetics. 2007;177:359-74 pubmed..Consequently, such sequences are subject to rapid evolutionary change. By examining the Troponin C gene family of Drosophila melanogaster, which has euchromatic and heterochromatic members, we find that protein-..
- Qiu F, Lakey A, Agianian B, Hutchings A, Butcher G, Labeit S, et al. Troponin C in different insect muscle types: identification of two isoforms in Lethocerus, Drosophila and Anopheles that are specific to asynchronous flight muscle in the adult insect. Biochem J. 2003;371:811-21 pubmed..Lethocerus and Drosophila have an unusual isoform of the Ca(2+)-binding subunit of troponin, troponin C (TnC), with a single Ca(2+)-binding site near the C-terminus (domain IV); this isoform is only in IFMs, together ..
- Herranz R, Díaz Castillo C, Nguyen T, Lovato T, Cripps R, Marco R. Expression patterns of the whole troponin C gene repertoire during Drosophila development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:183-90 pubmed..This is the case of the Troponin C gene repertoire in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Singh S, Kumar P, Ramachandra N, Nongthomba U. Roles of the troponin isoforms during indirect flight muscle development in Drosophila. J Genet. 2014;93:379-88 pubmed..the troponin subunits are required for normal myofibril assembly and flight, except for the troponin-C isoform 1 (TnC1)...
- Chechenova M, Maes S, Cripps R. Expression of the Troponin C at 41C Gene in Adult Drosophila Tubular Muscles Depends upon Both Positive and Negative Regulatory Inputs. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144615 pubmed publisher..fate remain incompletely understood, therefore we chose to analyze the transcriptional regulation of TpnC41C, a Troponin C gene expressed in the tubular jump muscles, but not in the fibrillar flight muscles...