Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TpnC4
Description: Troponin C isoform 4
Alias: BcDNA:RH03361, CG12408, DmTnC4, DmTpnC41F, DmTpnCIIIb, Dmel\CG12408, TNC41F6, TnC, TnC4, Tnc4, TpnC IIIb, TpnC41F, TpnCIIIb, tnC4, troponin C , CG12408-PA, CG12408-PB, TpnC4-PA, TpnC4-PB, troponin C, troponin C 41F, troponin C4, troponin-C
Species: fruit fly
- Vikhorev P, Vikhoreva N, Cammarato A, Sparrow J. In vitro motility of native thin filaments from Drosophila indirect flight muscles reveals that the held-up 2 TnI mutation affects calcium activation. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2010;31:171-9 pubmed publisher..This is discussed with respect to calcium dependent regulation of held-up-2 thin filaments in in vitro motility. ..
- Spletter M, Schnorrer F. Transcriptional regulation and alternative splicing cooperate in muscle fiber-type specification in flies and mammals. Exp Cell Res. 2014;321:90-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, research in Drosophila can provide important mechanistic insight into muscle fiber specification, which is relevant to homologous processes in mammals and to the pathology of muscle diseases. ..
- Eldred C, Katzemich A, Patel M, Bullard B, Swank D. The roles of troponin C isoforms in the mechanical function of Drosophila indirect flight muscle. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2014;35:211-23 pubmed publisher..TnC1 (TnC-F2 in Lethocerus IFM) has two calcium binding sites, while an unusual isoform, TnC4 (TnC-F1 in Lethocerus IFM), has only one binding site...
- Sridharan V, Heimiller J, Robida M, Singh R. High Throughput Sequencing Identifies Misregulated Genes in the Drosophila Polypyrimidine Tract-Binding Protein (hephaestus) Mutant Defective in Spermatogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150768 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first comprehensive list of genes misregulated in vivo in the heph2 mutant in Drosophila and offers insight into the role of dmPTB during spermatogenesis. ..
- Adame V, Chapapas H, Cisneros M, Deaton C, Deichmann S, Gadek C, et al. An undergraduate laboratory class using CRISPR/Cas9 technology to mutate drosophila genes. Biochem Mol Biol Educ. 2016;44:263-75 pubmed publisher..2016 by The International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 44:263-275, 2016. ..