Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TotM
Description: Turandot M
Alias: CG14027, Dmel\CG14027, TOTM, Tot M, tot, totM, turandot M, CG14027-PA, CG14027-PB, TotM-PA, TotM-PB, turandot
Species: fruit fly
- McClure C, Zhong W, Hunt V, Chapman F, Hill F, Priest N. Hormesis results in trade-offs with immunity. Evolution. 2014;68:2225-33 pubmed publisher..benefits of pathogen challenge are greater in lines that lack key components of antifungal immunity (Dif and Turandot M)...
- Chakrabarti S, Dudzic J, Li X, Collas E, Boquete J, Lemaitre B. Remote Control of Intestinal Stem Cell Activity by Haemocytes in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006089 pubmed publisher..It also reveals that release of Upds by haemocytes coordinates the wound-healing program in multiple tissues, including the gut, an organ whose integrity is critical to fly survival. ..
- Chamilos G, Lewis R, Hu J, Xiao L, Zal T, Gilliet M, et al. Drosophila melanogaster as a model host to dissect the immunopathogenesis of zygomycosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:9367-72 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insights into the factors that mediate host-pathogen interactions in zygomycosis and establish D. melanogaster as a promising model to study this important mycosis...
- Vanha aho L, Kleino A, Kaustio M, Ulvila J, Wilke B, Hultmark D, et al. Functional characterization of the infection-inducible peptide Edin in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37153 pubmed publisher..faecalis infection via an uncharacterized mechanism. Further studies are still required to elucidate the exact role of Edin in the Drosophila immune response. ..
- Castillo J, Shokal U, Eleftherianos I. Immune gene transcription in Drosophila adult flies infected by entomopathogenic nematodes and their mutualistic bacteria. J Insect Physiol. 2013;59:179-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Heterorhabditis nematodes and their associated Photorhabdus bacteria employ distinct strategies to evade the Drosophila immune response and establish infection. ..
- Szuplewski S, Terracol R. The cyclope gene of Drosophila encodes a cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIc homolog. Genetics. 2001;158:1629-43 pubmed..A search in the Genome Annotation Database of Drosophila revealed the absence of subunit VIIb and the presence of 9 putative nuclear cytochrome c oxidase subunits with high identity scores when compared to the 10 human subunits. ..
- Moskalev A, Zhikrivetskaya S, Krasnov G, Shaposhnikov M, Proshkina E, Borisoglebsky D, et al. A comparison of the transcriptome of Drosophila melanogaster in response to entomopathogenic fungus, ionizing radiation, starvation and cold shock. BMC Genomics. 2015;16 Suppl 13:S8 pubmed publisher..Studied doses of stress treatments deleteriously affect the organism's viability and lead to different changes of both general and specific cellular stress response mechanisms. ..
- Ip Y. Drosophila innate immunity goes viral. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:863-4 pubmed
- Agaisse H, Perrimon N. The roles of JAK/STAT signaling in Drosophila immune responses. Immunol Rev. 2004;198:72-82 pubmed..We present the JAK/STAT-dependent humoral factors, such as the thioester-containing proteins and the Tot peptides, produced by the fat body in response to septic injury...
- Hultmark D, Ekengren S. A cytokine in the Drosophila stress response. Dev Cell. 2003;5:360-1 pubmed..However, in this issue of Developmental Cell, show that cytokines do play a role in mediating an acute phase response in this organism. ..
- An S, Dong S, Wang Q, Li S, Gilbert L, Stanley D, et al. Insect neuropeptide bursicon homodimers induce innate immune and stress genes during molting by activating the NF-?B transcription factor Relish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34510 pubmed publisher..prophylactic innate immunity during molting via induced expression of genes encoding AMPs and genes of the Turandot family. Turandot genes are also up-regulated by a broader range of extreme insults...
- Grönholm J, Kaustio M, Myllymäki H, Kallio J, Saarikettu J, Kronhamn J, et al. Not4 enhances JAK/STAT pathway-dependent gene expression in Drosophila and in human cells. FASEB J. 2012;26:1239-50 pubmed publisher..reporter gene activation in S2 cells; and in flies, Not4 overexpression resulted in an 8-fold increase in Turandot M (TotM) and in a 4-fold increase in Turandot A (TotA) stress gene activation when compared to wild-type flies...