Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tmod
Alias: 1309/10, CG11493, CG1539, CG15540, CT3919, CT41421, Dmel\CG1539, E42, Tmod, l(3)00848, l(3)S130910, spdo, tropomodulin, CG1539-PA, CG1539-PB, CG1539-PC, CG1539-PD, CG1539-PE, CG1539-PF, CG1539-PG, CG1539-PH, CG1539-PI, CG1539-PJ, CG1539-PK, CG1539-PL, CG1539-PM, CG1539-PN, CG1539-PO, CG1539-PP, CG1539-PQ, sanpodo, tmod-PA, tmod-PB, tmod-PC, tmod-PD, tmod-PE, tmod-PF, tmod-PG, tmod-PH, tmod-PI, tmod-PJ, tmod-PK, tmod-PL, tmod-PM, tmod-PN, tmod-PO, tmod-PP, tmod-PQ, tropmodulin
Species: fruit fly
- Sevdali M, Kumar V, Peckham M, Sparrow J. Human congenital myopathy actin mutants cause myopathy and alter Z-disc structure in Drosophila flight muscle. Neuromuscul Disord. 2013;23:243-55 pubmed publisher..No differences in levels of sarcomeric protein expression were observed, but tropomodulin staining was somewhat disrupted in D164N, V163L, G15R and V163M heterozygotes...
- Molnar I, Migh E, Szikora S, Kalmar T, Végh A, Deak F, et al. DAAM is required for thin filament formation and Sarcomerogenesis during muscle development in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004166 pubmed publisher..the initial assembly of thin filaments, and subsequently it promotes filament elongation by assembling short actin polymers that anneal to the pointed end of the growing filaments, and by antagonizing the capping protein Tropomodulin.
- O Connor Giles K, Skeath J. Numb inhibits membrane localization of Sanpodo, a four-pass transmembrane protein, to promote asymmetric divisions in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2003;5:231-43 pubmed..Here we focus on the only genes known to function specifically to regulate Notch-dependent asymmetric divisions: sanpodo and numb...
- Lighthouse D, Buszczak M, Spradling A. New components of the Drosophila fusome suggest it plays novel roles in signaling and transport. Dev Biol. 2008;317:59-71 pubmed publisher..A significant number of fusome components are dispensable, because genetic disruption of tropomodulin, ferritin-1 heavy chain, or scribble, does not alter fusome structure or female fertility...
- Ong S, Foote C, Tan C. Mutations of DMYPT cause over constriction of contractile rings and ring canals during Drosophila germline cyst formation. Dev Biol. 2010;346:161-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that there may be two parallel mechanisms to prevent the contractile rings from being completely closed, physical resistance and inhibition of myosin II activity via DMYPT. ..