Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: tipE
Description: temperature-induced paralytic E
Alias: CG1232, Dmel\CG1232, TipE, tip-E, CG1232-PA, CG1232-PB, temperature-induced paralysis locus E, temperature-induced-paralytic-E, tipE-PA, tipE-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Neurogenetic analysis of Drosophila mutations affecting sodium channels: synergistic effects on viability and nerve conduction in double mutants involving tip-EB Ganetzky
J Neurogenet 3:19-31. 1986..The results of these studies suggest that tip-E shares related function with para and nap. It is proposed that tip-E, like para and nap exerts an effect at some level on the structure, function, or stability of sodium channels...
- Voltage-clamp analysis of sodium channels in wild-type and mutant Drosophila neuronsD K O'Dowd
Department of Neurobiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305
J Neurosci 8:3633-43. 1988..These results indicate that both the tip-E and sei loci are important in regulation of sodium current density in embryonic neurons...
- Cytogenetic and molecular localization of tipE: a gene affecting sodium channels in Drosophila melanogasterG Feng
State University of New York at Buffalo, Department of Biochemical Pharmacology 14260 1200, USA
Genetics 139:1679-88. 1995..One such mutation is temperature-induced paralysis locus E (tipE), which has been shown by electrophysiology and ligand binding studies to reduce sodium channel numbers...
- The tip-E mutation of Drosophila decreases saxitoxin binding and interacts with other mutations affecting nerve membrane excitabilityF R Jackson
J Neurogenet 3:1-17. 1986..We postulate that either the structure of sodium channels or their microenvironment is altered in tip-E mutants resulting in an increased liability of binding sites in vitro...
- Cloning and functional analysis of TipE, a novel membrane protein that enhances Drosophila para sodium channel functionG Feng
Department of Biochemical Pharmacology, State University of New York at Buffalo 14260 1200, USA
Cell 82:1001-11. 1995..Here we report that tipE, a gene defined by a temperature-sensitive paralytic mutation in Drosophila, encodes a novel integral membrane ..
- Neurogenetic studies of ion channels in DrosophilaC F Wu
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
Ion Channels 3:261-314. 1992
- Alternative splicing of an insect sodium channel gene generates pharmacologically distinct sodium channelsJianguo Tan
Department of Entomology and Neuroscience Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Neurosci 22:5300-9. 2002..Exon swapping partially reversed the channel sensitivity to deltamethrin. Our results therefore provide the first evidence that alternative splicing of a sodium channel gene produces pharmacologically distinct channels...
- The molecular biology of knockdown resistance to pyrethroid insecticidesD M Soderlund
Department of Entomology, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Cornell University, Geneva, NY 14456, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:563-77. 2003..These results also provide new insight into the mechanisms by which pyrethroids modify the function of voltage-sensitive sodium channels...
- The varieties of selectional experience in behavioral geneticsRalph J Greenspan
The Neurosciences Institute, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Neurogenet 17:241-70. 2003
- Sensitivity of the Drosophila para sodium channel to DDT is not lowered by the super-kdr mutation M918T on the IIS4-S5 linker that profoundly reduces sensitivity to permethrin and deltamethrinP N R Usherwood
School of Biology, The University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
FEBS Lett 579:6317-25. 2005..We conclude that DDT binds either to or in the region of L1014 on IIS6 but only weakly to M918 on the IIS4-S5 linker, which is part of a high-affinity binding site for permethrin and deltamethrin...
- Four novel sequences in Drosophila melanogaster homologous to the auxiliary Para sodium channel subunit TipEChristian Derst
Center for Anatomy, Charite Berlin, Philippstr 12, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:939-48. 2006b>TipE is an auxiliary subunit of the Drosophila Para sodium channel...
- Mutations in DIIS5 and the DIIS4-S5 linker of Drosophila melanogaster sodium channel define binding domains for pyrethroids and DDTP N R Usherwood
School of Biology, The University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, UK
FEBS Lett 581:5485-92. 2007..DDT potency was unaffected by M918T, but abolished by T929I and reduced by L925I, L932F and I936V, suggesting that DIIS5 contains at least part of the DDT binding domain. The data support a computer model of pyrethroid and DDT binding...
- Molecular and functional characterization of voltage-gated sodium channel variants from Drosophila melanogasterRachel O Donnell Olson
Department of Entomology, Neuroscience Program and Genetics Program, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 38:604-10. 2008....
- Domain 2 of Drosophila para voltage-gated sodium channel confers insect properties to a rat brain channelIris Shichor
Department of Physiology, Sackler School of Medicine and Plant Sciences, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, 69978 Ramat Aviv, Israel
J Neurosci 22:4364-71. 2002..rBIIA, were sensitive to scorpion alpha-toxins and regulated by the auxiliary subunit beta(1) but not by the insect TipE. Notably, like Drosophila Para/TipE, but unlike rBIIA/beta(1), the chimera gained sensitivity to AahIT, indicating ..
- tipE regulates Na+-dependent repetitive firing in Drosophila neuronsDianne D Hodges
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 1280, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 19:402-16. 2002The tipE gene, originally identified by a temperature-sensitive paralytic mutation in Drosophila, encodes a transmembrane protein that dramatically influences sodium channel expression in Xenopus oocytes...
- The pharmacological flexibility of the insect voltage gated sodium channel: toxicity of AaIT to knockdown resistant (kdr) fliesE Zlotkin
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 29:849-53. 1999..The above data are interpreted in terms of the pharmacological diversity and flexibility ("allosteric coupling") of voltage gated sodium channels and their implications for the management of pesticide resistance are discussed...
- Temperature-sensitive paralytic mutations demonstrate that synaptic exocytosis requires SNARE complex assembly and disassemblyJ T Littleton
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
Neuron 21:401-13. 1998..These results provide in vivo evidence that cycles of assembly and disassembly of SNARE complexes drive membrane trafficking at synapses...
- Analysis of temperature-sensitive mutants reveals new genes involved in the courtship song of DrosophilaA A Peixoto
Department of Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254, USA
Genetics 148:827-38. 1998..The implications of these findings from the perspective of interspecific lovesong variations in Drosophila are discussed...
- Functional expression of Drosophila para sodium channels. Modulation by the membrane protein TipE and toxin pharmacologyJ W Warmke
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Gen Physiol 110:119-33. 1997The Drosophila para sodium channel alpha subunit was expressed in Xenopus oocytes alone and in combination with tipE, a putative Drosophila sodium channel accessory subunit...
- Classic clues to NSF functionA Morgan
Nature 382:680. 1996
- Role of neural activity during synaptogenesis in DrosophilaJ Jarecki
Department of Genetics, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
J Neurosci 15:8177-90. 1995..Our experiments suggest that neural activity may function during development by preventing inappropriate connections and thereby maintaining the precise connectivity achieved during nerve outgrowth and target selection...
- Drosophila GABAergic systems. II. Mutational analysis of chromosomal segment 64AB, a region containing the glutamic acid decarboxylase geneS J Kulkarni
Neurobiology Group, Worcester Foundation for Experimental Biology, Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Mol Gen Genet 243:555-64. 1994..Both of these rearrangements are associated with embryonic lethality and decreased GAD enzymatic activity...
- Conduction in the giant nerve fiber pathway in temperature-sensitive paralytic mutants of DrosophilaT Elkins
Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
J Neurogenet 6:207-19. 1990..In the mutants tipE, napts and parats, conduction in certain neurons presynaptic to the CGF failed at about the same temperature at ..
- Drosomycin, an innate immunity peptide of Drosophila melanogaster, interacts with the fly voltage-gated sodium channelLior Cohen
Department of Plant Sciences, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 284:23558-63. 2009..As for drosomycin, we discuss the intriguing possibility that it has additional functions in the fly, as implied by its tight interaction with DmNa(v)1...
- Insecticide Action at the Local Anesthetic ReceptorDAVID SODERLUND; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research will provide new insight into the structure of the local anesthetic receptor and its role in the neurotoxic actions of PTIs. ..
- Molecular Determinants of Pyrethroid NeurotoxicityDAVID SODERLUND; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Insecticide Action at the Local Anesthetic ReceptorDAVID SODERLUND; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research will provide new insight into the structure of the local anesthetic receptor and its role in the neurotoxic actions of PTIs. ..
- Molecular Determinants of Pyrethroid NeurotoxicityDAVID SODERLUND; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Molecular Determinants of Pyrethroid NeurotoxicityDavid M Soderlund; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Insecticide Action at the Local Anesthetic ReceptorDavid M Soderlund; Fiscal Year: 2011..This research will provide new insight into the structure of the local anesthetic receptor and its role in the neurotoxic actions of PTIs. ..