Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TfIIS
Description: RNA polymerase II elongation factor
Alias: BG:DS00929.12, CG3710, DmS-II, DmSII, Dmel\CG3710, RnpSII, TFIIS, TFIISA, TFS-II, br52, l(2)35Cf, l(2)35cF, l(2)br52, l35Cf, RNA polymerase II elongation factor, CG3710-PA, CG3710-PB, TfIIS-PA, TfIIS-PB, lethal(2)35Cf, transcription cleavage factor IIS
Species: fruit fly
- Kephart D, Marshall N, Price D. Stability of Drosophila RNA polymerase II elongation complexes in vitro. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:2067-77 pubmed
- Oh Y, Yoon J, Baek K. Isolation and characterization of the gene encoding the Drosophila melanogaster transcriptional elongation factor, TFIIS. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1262:99-103 pubmedWe have characterized a genomic clone encoding the Drosophila melanogaster transcriptional elongation factor, TFIIS. The coding region of the TFIIS gene is interrupted by a short intron...
- Guo H, Price D. Mechanism of DmS-II-mediated pause suppression by Drosophila RNA polymerase II. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:18762-70 pubmed..Elongation by the polymerase then allows a second encounter with the pause site and a second chance of passing the site. Complete pause suppression may require multiple transcript shortening events for some polymerase molecules. ..
- Kiehart D, Franke J, Chee M, Montague R, Chen T, Roote J, et al. Drosophila crinkled, mutations of which disrupt morphogenesis and cause lethality, encodes fly myosin VIIA. Genetics. 2004;168:1337-52 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest a key role for ck/myoVIIA in the formation of cellular projections and other actin-based functions required for viability...
- Adelman K, Marr M, Werner J, Saunders A, Ni Z, Andrulis E, et al. Efficient release from promoter-proximal stall sites requires transcript cleavage factor TFIIS. Mol Cell. 2005;17:103-12 pubmed..transcription arrest within the promoter-proximal region of Drosophila hsp70 and that transcript cleavage factor TFIIS is essential for rapid induction of hsp70 RNA...
- Salamov A, Solovyev V. Ab initio gene finding in Drosophila genomic DNA. Genome Res. 2000;10:516-22 pubmed..The suite of gene identification programs is available through the WWW server of Computational Genomics Group at http://genomic.sanger.ac.uk/gf. html. ..
- Jin J, Baek S, Lee H, Oh M, Koo Y, Shim M, et al. A DNA replication-related element downstream from the initiation site of Drosophila selenophosphate synthetase 2 gene is essential for its transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:2482-93 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the DRE/DREF system controls the basal level of transcription of dsps2 by interacting with TRF2. ..
- de Wit E, Greil F, van Steensel B. Genome-wide HP1 binding in Drosophila: developmental plasticity and genomic targeting signals. Genome Res. 2005;15:1265-73 pubmed..These results provide insights into the mechanisms of HP1 targeting in the natural genomic context. ..
- Chafin D, Guo H, Price D. Action of alpha-amanitin during pyrophosphorolysis and elongation by RNA polymerase II. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:19114-9 pubmed..Since polymerase molecules encounter similar kinetic barriers during both processes, it is possible that there is a common step in the reverse movement of the polymerase. ..
- Marshall T, Guo H, Price D. Drosophila RNA polymerase II elongation factor DmS-II has homology to mouse S-II and sequence similarity to yeast PPR2. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6293-8 pubmedDmSII is a Drosophila RNA polymerase II elongation factor which suppresses pausing by RNA polymerase II at specific sites on double stranded templates...