Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TfIIFbeta
Description: Transcription factor TFIIFbeta
Alias: CG6538, Dmel\CG6538, RAP30, T2FB_DROME, TFIIF, TFIIFbeta, TfIIF, dTFIIF30, l(3)j3C1, transcription factor TFIIFbeta, CG6538-PA, TFIIF small subunit, TfIIFbeta-PA, factor 5
Species: fruit fly
- Dynan W, Gilman M. Transcriptional control and signal transduction: of soap-operas and reductionism. Trends Genet. 1993;9:154-6 pubmed
- Kephart D, Wang B, Burton Z, Price D. Functional analysis of Drosophila factor 5 (TFIIF), a general transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:13536-43 pubmedb>Factor 5 is a Drosophila RNA polymerase II initiation factor that also affects the elongation phase of transcription. We have used a cDNA encoding the large subunit of factor 5 (F5a) to produce recombinant F5a (rF5a)...
- Kephart D, Marshall N, Price D. Stability of Drosophila RNA polymerase II elongation complexes in vitro. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:2067-77 pubmed..Consistent with the first effect, we find that the ability of factor 5 (TFIIF) to stimulate the elongation rate is inhibited by the disruptive agents when assayed in a defined system ..
- TenHarmsel A, Biggin M. Bending DNA can repress a eukaryotic basal promoter and inhibit TFIID binding. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:5492-8 pubmed..We suggest that bending DNA may be a mechanism by which eukaryotic transcription may be regulated, by modulating the activity of the general transcription factors. ..
- Austin R, Biggin M. Purification of the Drosophila RNA polymerase II general transcription factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:5788-92 pubmed..Drosophila TFIIE, TFIIF, TFIIH, and RNA polymerase II have been purified to greater than 50% homogeneity from Drosophila embryo nuclear ..
- Li C, Manley J. Even-skipped represses transcription by binding TATA binding protein and blocking the TFIID-TATA box interaction. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:3771-81 pubmed..We conclude that Eve represses transcription via a direct interaction with TBP that blocks TFIID binding to the promoter. ..
- Li C, Manley J. Allosteric regulation of even-skipped repression activity by phosphorylation. Mol Cell. 1999;3:77-86 pubmed..Our results suggest a novel mechanism of transcriptional control involving phosphorylation-induced allosteric interference with a repressive protein-protein interaction. ..
- Schock F, Sauer F, Jackle H, Purnell B. Drosophila head segmentation factor buttonhead interacts with the same TATA box-binding protein-associated factors and in vivo DNA targets as human Sp1 but executes a different biological program. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:5061-5 pubmed
- Pham A, Muller S, Sauer F. Mesoderm-determining transcription in Drosophila is alleviated by mutations in TAF(II)60 and TAF(II)110. Mech Dev. 1999;84:3-16 pubmed..The results provide evidence that TAF(II)-subunits within the TFIID complex play an important role during the molecular events leading to initiation of mesoderm formation in Drosophila. ..
- Hansen S, Tjian R. TAFs and TFIIA mediate differential utilization of the tandem Adh promoters. Cell. 1995;82:565-75 pubmed..We propose a mechanism for regulating differential promoter utilization during Drosophila development that involves the recognition of specific initiator elements by TAFs in the TFIID complex. ..