Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tep4
Description: Thioester-containing protein 4
Alias: CG10363, CT29102, Dmel\CG10363, TEP IV, TEP4, TEP4mel, TEPIV, Tep IV, TepIV, dTEPIV, tep4, tepIV, Thioester-containing protein 4, CG10363-PA, CG10363-PB, CG10363-PC, CG10363-PD, TEP, Tep4-PA, Tep4-PB, Tep4-PC, Tep4-PD, thioester containing protein IV, thiolester containing protein IV
Species: fruit fly
- Wong Z, Hedges L, Brownlie J, Johnson K. Wolbachia-mediated antibacterial protection and immune gene regulation in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25430 pubmed publisher..RC flies which are naturally infected with Wolbachia showed no upregulation of the antibacterial immune genes TepIV, Defensin, Diptericin B, PGRP-SD, Cecropin A1 and Attacin D compared to paired flies without Wolbachia...
- Bras S, Martin Lannerée S, Gobert V, Augé B, Breig O, Sanial M, et al. Myeloid leukemia factor is a conserved regulator of RUNX transcription factor activity involved in hematopoiesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4986-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that the regulation of RUNX protein levels is a conserved feature of MLF family members that could be critical for normal and pathological blood cell development. ..
- Benmimoun B, Polesello C, Waltzer L, Haenlin M. Dual role for Insulin/TOR signaling in the control of hematopoietic progenitor maintenance in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:1713-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, our study highlights the role of the IIS/TOR pathways in orchestrating hematopoietic progenitor fate and links blood cell fate to nutritional status. ..
- Jiggins F, Kim K. Contrasting evolutionary patterns in Drosophila immune receptors. J Mol Evol. 2006;63:769-80 pubmed..In contrast to the Tep genes, the GNBP genes are highly conserved...
- Heger A, Ponting C. Evolutionary rate analyses of orthologs and paralogs from 12 Drosophila genomes. Genome Res. 2007;17:1837-49 pubmed..Duplications were significantly more frequent among trypsin-like proteases and DM8 putative lipid-binding domain proteins. ..
- Erturk Hasdemir D, Silverman N. Eater: a big bite into phagocytosis. Cell. 2005;123:190-2 pubmed..In this issue of Cell, Kocks et al. (2005) demonstrate that Eater, a scavenger receptor, plays an important role in the recognition and phagocytosis of bacteria in the fruit fly Drosophila. ..
- Giardina T, Beavis A, Clark A, Fiumera A. Female influence on pre- and post-copulatory sexual selection and its genetic basis in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Ecol. 2011;20:4098-108 pubmed publisher..05. Several other associations, including those impacting both fertility and female remating rate suggest that sperm storage might be an important factor mitigating female influence on sexual selection. ..