Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tep2
Description: Thioester-containing protein 2
Alias: 145970_at, 145971_at, CG18589, CG7052, Dmel\CG7052, T13, TEP II, TEP2, TEP2mel, Tep 2, Tep II, TepII, dTEPII, tepII, Thioester-containing protein 2, CG7052-PA, CG7052-PB, CG7052-PD, CG7052-PF, CG7052-PG, TEP, Tep2-PA, Tep2-PB, Tep2-PD, Tep2-PF, Tep2-PG, thioester containing protein II, thiolester containing protein II
Species: fruit fly
- An S, Dong S, Wang Q, Li S, Gilbert L, Stanley D, et al. Insect neuropeptide bursicon homodimers induce innate immune and stress genes during molting by activating the NF-?B transcription factor Relish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34510 pubmed publisher..From these data we infer that CNS-generated bursicon homodimers mediate innate prophylactic immunity to both stress and infection during the vulnerable molting cycle. ..
- Xu J, Grant G, Sabin L, Gordesky Gold B, Yasunaga A, Tudor M, et al. Transcriptional pausing controls a rapid antiviral innate immune response in Drosophila. Cell Host Microbe. 2012;12:531-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, transcriptional pausing primes virally induced genes to facilitate rapid gene induction and robust antiviral responses. ..
- Shin S, Kokoza V, Bian G, Cheon H, Kim Y, Raikhel A. REL1, a homologue of Drosophila dorsal, regulates toll antifungal immune pathway in the female mosquito Aedes aegypti. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16499-507 pubmed..bassiana. These results indicate that the homologue of Dl, but not that of Dif, is a key regulator of the Toll antifungal immune pathway in A. aegypti female mosquitoes. ..
- Jiggins F, Kim K. Contrasting evolutionary patterns in Drosophila immune receptors. J Mol Evol. 2006;63:769-80 pubmed..report that two of these three Drosophila genes evolve rapidly under positive selection and that, in both TepI and TepII, the "bait-like region" (also known as the variable region) shows the strongest signature of positive ..
- Bou Aoun R, Hetru C, Troxler L, Doucet D, Ferrandon D, Matt N. Analysis of thioester-containing proteins during the innate immune response of Drosophila melanogaster. J Innate Immun. 2011;3:52-64 pubmed publisher..This expression pattern is consistent with a role in innate immunity. However, we find that TEP1, TEP2, and TEP4 are not strictly required in the body cavity to fight several bacterial and fungal infections...
- Ye Y, McGraw E. Adult Drosophila melanogaster evolved for antibacterial defense invest in infection-induced expression of both humoral and cellular immunity genes. BMC Res Notes. 2011;4:305 pubmed publisher..The similarity in fold change increase across all immunity genes may suggest a shared mechanism for the evolution of increased transcription in small, discrete units such as duplication of cis-regulatory elements. ..