Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tao
Alias: AAF48973, CG14217, Dmel\CG14217, MARKK, TAO1, Tao-1, dTao-1, tao, tao-1, tao1, Tao, CG14217-PA, CG14217-PB, CG14217-PD, CG14217-PE, CG14217-PF, CG14217-PG, CG14217-PH, CG14217-PI, CG14217-PJ, Tao-1, Tao-PA, Tao-PB, Tao-PD, Tao-PE, Tao-PF, Tao-PG, Tao-PH, Tao-PI, Tao-PJ
Species: fruit fly
- King I, Eddison M, Kaun K, Heberlein U. EGFR and FGFR pathways have distinct roles in Drosophila mushroom body development and ethanol-induced behavior. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87714 pubmed publisher..of the Drosophila mushroom bodies in conjunction with the JNK MAP kinase basket (bsk), and with the Ste20 kinase tao, and we hypothesize that the EGFR pathway affects ethanol-induced locomotion through its effects on neuronal ..
- Sopko R, Foos M, Vinayagam A, Zhai B, Binari R, Hu Y, et al. Combining genetic perturbations and proteomics to examine kinase-phosphatase networks in Drosophila embryos. Dev Cell. 2014;31:114-27 pubmed publisher..Further, we show how correlative phosphorylation at the site level can indicate function, as exemplified by Sterile20-like kinase-dependent regulation of Stat92E. ..
- Harder B, Schomburg A, Pflanz R, Küstner K, Gerlach N, Schuh R. TEV protease-mediated cleavage in Drosophila as a tool to analyze protein functions in living organisms. Biotechniques. 2008;44:765-72 pubmed publisher..Thereby, this technique is a powerful tool that allows the in vivo manipulation of selected proteins in a time- and tissue-specific manner. ..
- Gilfillan G, König C, Dahlsveen I, Prakoura N, Straub T, Lamm R, et al. Cumulative contributions of weak DNA determinants to targeting the Drosophila dosage compensation complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:3561-72 pubmed..The results support a model for MSL2 recruitment according to which several different, degenerate sequence motifs of variable affinity cluster and synergise to form a high affinity site. ..
- Ciccarelli F, Bork P, Kerkhoff E. The KIND module: a putative signalling domain evolved from the C lobe of the protein kinase fold. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28:349-52 pubmed
- Bergwitz C, Wee M, Sinha S, Huang J, Derobertis C, Mensah L, et al. Genetic determinants of phosphate response in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56753 pubmed publisher..We identified a number of candidate genes potentially important for the cellular response to phosphate. Evaluation of 51 genes in live flies revealed some that affect larval development, adult life span and hemolymph phosphate levels. ..
- Huang X, Shi L, Cao J, He F, Li R, Zhang Y, et al. The sterile 20-like kinase tao controls tissue homeostasis by regulating the hippo pathway in Drosophila adult midgut. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:429-38 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the sterile-like 20 kinase, Tao, controls tissue homeostasis by regulating the Hippo pathway in the Drosophila adult midgut...
- Zheng Y, Wang W, Liu B, Deng H, Uster E, Pan D. Identification of Happyhour/MAP4K as Alternative Hpo/Mst-like Kinases in the Hippo Kinase Cascade. Dev Cell. 2015;34:642-55 pubmed publisher..These Hpo/Mst-like kinases provide an expanded view of the Hippo kinase cascade in development and physiology. ..
- Chung H, Augustine G, Choi K. Drosophila Schip1 Links Expanded and Tao-1 to Regulate Hippo Signaling. Dev Cell. 2016;36:511-24 pubmed publisher..Schip1 is necessary for promoting membrane localization and phosphorylation of Hpo by recruiting the Hpo kinase Tao-1. Taking these findings together, we conclude that Schip1 directly links Ex to Hpo signaling by recruiting Tao-1...
- Wendler F, Gillingham A, Sinka R, Rosa Ferreira C, Gordon D, Franch Marro X, et al. A genome-wide RNA interference screen identifies two novel components of the metazoan secretory pathway. EMBO J. 2010;29:304-14 pubmed publisher..Given this coverage, the small number of novel components suggests that contrary to previous indications the number of essential core components of the secretory pathway is not much greater in metazoans than in yeasts. ..
- Huang H, Wang S, Yin M, Dong L, Wang C, Wu W, et al. Par-1 regulates tissue growth by influencing hippo phosphorylation status and hippo-salvador association. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001620 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we provided evidence that Par-1-induced Hpo regulation is conserved in mammalian cells. Taken together, our findings identified Par-1 as a novel component of the Hpo signaling network. ..
- Perkins L, Holderbaum L, Tao R, Hu Y, Sopko R, McCall K, et al. The Transgenic RNAi Project at Harvard Medical School: Resources and Validation. Genetics. 2015;201:843-52 pubmed publisher..flyrnai.org/RSVP.html), and stocks are available from three stock centers, the Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center (United States), National Institute of Genetics (Japan), and TsingHua Fly Center (China). ..
- Delpire E. The mammalian family of sterile 20p-like protein kinases. Pflugers Arch. 2009;458:953-67 pubmed publisher..A number of molecular details involved in the activation of the kinases are discussed including autophosphorylation, substrate recognition, autoinhibition, dimerization, and substrate binding. ..
- Voolstra O, Bartels J, Oberegelsbacher C, Pfannstiel J, Huber A. Phosphorylation of the Drosophila transient receptor potential ion channel is regulated by the phototransduction cascade and involves several protein kinases and phosphatases. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73787 pubmed publisher..A candidate screen to identify kinases and phosphatases provided in vivo evidence for an involvement of eye-PKC as well as other kinases and phosphatases in TRP phosphorylation. ..