Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Syx7
Description: Syntaxin 7
Alias: Aval, Avl, CG5081, Dm Syx7, DmSyx7, Dmel\CG5081, FCP-C, SYX7, Syx, avl, braided, dSyn7, syx7, syx7/avl, syntaxin 7, CG5081-PA, CG5081-PB, Syntaxin7, Syx7-PA, Syx7-PB, avalanche, braided, dSyntaxin-7, synatxin7/avalanche, syntaxin
Species: fruit fly
- Williamson W, Yang T, Terman J, Hiesinger P. Guidance receptor degradation is required for neuronal connectivity in the Drosophila nervous system. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000553 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that a neuron-specific endolysosomal degradation mechanism is part of the cell biological machinery that regulates guidance receptor turnover and signaling. ..
- Vaccari T, Duchi S, Cortese K, Tacchetti C, Bilder D. The vacuolar ATPase is required for physiological as well as pathological activation of the Notch receptor. Development. 2010;137:1825-32 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that the ionic properties of the endosomal lumen might regulate Notch cleavage, providing a rationale for physiological as well as pathological endocytic control of Notch activity. ..
- Giebel B, Wodarz A. Tumor suppressors: control of signaling by endocytosis. Curr Biol. 2006;16:R91-2 pubmed..These results can be attributed to defective endocytosis of transmembrane proteins that control cell polarity and proliferation, including Crumbs and Notch. ..
- Nagaraj R, Banerjee U. Regulation of Notch and Wingless signalling by phyllopod, a transcriptional target of the EGFR pathway. EMBO J. 2009;28:337-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study identifies a Phyl-regulated class of endosomal vesicles that specifically include components of Notch and Wg signalling. ..
- Gilbert M, Robinson B, Moberg K. Functional interactions between the erupted/tsg101 growth suppressor gene and the DaPKC and rbf1 genes in Drosophila imaginal disc tumors. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7039 pubmed publisher..Loss of ept or other genes that encode components of the endocytic machinery (e.g. synatxin7/avalanche, rab5, and vps25) produces disorganized overgrowth of imaginal disc tissue...
- Haberman A, Williamson W, Epstein D, Wang D, Rina S, Meinertzhagen I, et al. The synaptic vesicle SNARE neuronal Synaptobrevin promotes endolysosomal degradation and prevents neurodegeneration. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:261-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings further shed light on which intraneuronal compartments exhibit increased or decreased neurotoxicity. ..
- Haberman A, Akbar M, Ray S, KRAMER H. Drosophila acinus encodes a novel regulator of endocytic and autophagic trafficking. Development. 2010;137:2157-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that dacn encodes a regulator of endosomal and autophagosomal dynamics, modulating developmental signaling and the cellular response to starvation. ..
- Harris K, Zhang Y, Piccioli Z, Perrimon N, Littleton J. The postsynaptic t-SNARE Syntaxin 4 controls traffic of Neuroligin 1 and Synaptotagmin 4 to regulate retrograde signaling. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Here we characterize one candidate, the postsynaptic t-SNARE Syntaxin 4 (Syx4)...
- Pereanu W, Hartenstein V. Neural lineages of the Drosophila brain: a three-dimensional digital atlas of the pattern of lineage location and projection at the late larval stage. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5534-53 pubmed..Third, the atlas can serve as a repository for genes expressed in lineage-specific patterns. ..
- Wagh D, Rasse T, Asan E, Hofbauer A, Schwenkert I, Dürrbeck H, et al. Bruchpilot, a protein with homology to ELKS/CAST, is required for structural integrity and function of synaptic active zones in Drosophila. Neuron. 2006;49:833-44 pubmed..We propose that BRP is critical for intact AZ structure and normal-evoked neurotransmitter release at chemical synapses of Drosophila. ..
- Harris K, Tepass U. Cdc42 and Par proteins stabilize dynamic adherens junctions in the Drosophila neuroectoderm through regulation of apical endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:1129-43 pubmed publisher..This study reveals functional interactions between apical polarity proteins and endocytosis that are critical for stabilizing dynamic basolateral AJs. ..
- Mattissek C, Teis D. The role of the endosomal sorting complexes required for transport (ESCRT) in tumorigenesis. Mol Membr Biol. 2014;31:111-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore the aim of this review is to provide an overview on different model systems used to study the role of the ESCRT machinery in cancer development, to highlight common grounds and present certain controversies in the field. ..
- Rahman M, Haberman A, Tracy C, Ray S, KRAMER H. Drosophila mauve mutants reveal a role of LYST homologs late in the maturation of phagosomes and autophagosomes. Traffic. 2012;13:1680-92 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest a model in which Mauve functions to restrict homotypic fusion of different pre-lysosomal organelles and LROs. ..
- Juhasz G, Hill J, Yan Y, Sass M, Baehrecke E, Backer J, et al. The class III PI(3)K Vps34 promotes autophagy and endocytosis but not TOR signaling in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:655-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Vps34 is regulated by TOR-dependent nutrient signals directly at sites of autophagosome formation. ..
- Lagow R, Bao H, Cohen E, Daniels R, Zuzek A, Williams W, et al. Modification of a hydrophobic layer by a point mutation in syntaxin 1A regulates the rate of synaptic vesicle fusion. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e72 pubmed..Using the Drosophila neuromuscular synapse as a model, we show that a mutation modifying a hydrophobic layer in syntaxin 1A regulates the rate of vesicle fusion...
- Andersen D, Colombani J, Palmerini V, Chakrabandhu K, Boone E, RÃ¶thlisberger M, et al. The Drosophila TNF receptor Grindelwald couples loss of cell polarity and neoplastic growth. Nature. 2015;522:482-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Grnd represents the first example of a TNFR that integrates signals from both Egr and apical polarity determinants to induce JNK-dependent cell death or tumour growth. ..
- Xu N, Bagumian G, Galiano M, Myat M. Rho GTPase controls Drosophila salivary gland lumen size through regulation of the actin cytoskeleton and Moesin. Development. 2011;138:5415-27 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal a novel mechanism for controlling salivary gland lumen size, namely through Rho1-dependent actin polymerization and distribution and downregulation of apical phosphorylated Moesin. ..
- Windler S, Bilder D. Endocytic internalization routes required for delta/notch signaling. Curr Biol. 2010;20:538-43 pubmed publisher..The absolute requirement for dynamin-dependent endocytosis but not endosomal entry or Rab11 activity supports "pulling force" rather than "recycling" models for Delta activation. ..
- Kerman B, Cheshire A, Myat M, Andrew D. Ribbon modulates apical membrane during tube elongation through Crumbs and Moesin. Dev Biol. 2008;320:278-88 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Ribbon and Lola Like function as a novel transcriptional cassette coordinating molecular changes at the apical membrane of epithelial cells to facilitate tube elongation. ..
- Pereanu W, Shy D, Hartenstein V. Morphogenesis and proliferation of the larval brain glia in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2005;283:191-203 pubmed..This increase results from mitosis of differentiated glia, but, more significantly, from the proliferation of neuroblasts. ..
- Gailite I, Egger Adam D, Wodarz A. The phosphoinositide-associated protein Rush hour regulates endosomal trafficking in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:433-47 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Rush controls trafficking from early to late endosomes and from late endosomes to lysosomes by modulating the activity of Rab proteins. ..
- Littleton J, Pallanck L, Ganetzky B. Mechanisms of neurotransmitter release. Int Rev Neurobiol. 1999;43:139-61 pubmed
- Colombani J, Andersen D, Leopold P. Secreted peptide Dilp8 coordinates Drosophila tissue growth with developmental timing. Science. 2012;336:582-5 pubmed publisher..We propose that Dilp8 peptide is a secreted signal that coordinates the growth status of tissues with developmental timing. ..
- Liu Z, Huang Y, Hu W, Huang S, Wang Q, Han J, et al. dAcsl, the Drosophila ortholog of acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain family member 3 and 4, inhibits synapse growth by attenuating bone morphogenetic protein signaling via endocytic recycling. J Neurosci. 2014;34:2785-96 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal a novel mechanism whereby dAcsl facilitates Rab11-dependent receptor recycling and provide insights into the pathogenesis of ACSL4-related mental retardation. ..
- Schottenfeld Roames J, Rosa J, Ghabrial A. Seamless tube shape is constrained by endocytosis-dependent regulation of active Moesin. Curr Biol. 2014;24:1756-64 pubmed publisher..We show that braided encodes Syntaxin7 and that cysts also form in cells deficient for other genes required either for membrane scission (shibire) or ..
- Solecki D, Govek E, Tomoda T, Hatten M. Neuronal polarity in CNS development. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2639-47 pubmed
- Dumstrei K, Wang F, Hartenstein V. Role of DE-cadherin in neuroblast proliferation, neural morphogenesis, and axon tract formation in Drosophila larval brain development. J Neurosci. 2003;23:3325-35 pubmed..We conclude that DE-cadherin plays a pivotal role in larval brain proliferation, brain cortex morphogenesis, and axon growth. ..
- Akbar M, Tracy C, Kahr W, KRAMER H. The full-of-bacteria gene is required for phagosome maturation during immune defense in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:383-90 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that defects in phagosome maturation may contribute to symptoms of ARC patients including recurring infections. ..
- Demontis F, Dahmann C. Characterization of the Drosophila ortholog of the human Usher Syndrome type 1G protein sans. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4753 pubmed publisher..to intracellular punctate structures, which we have identified as early endosomes associated with the syntaxin Avalanche. Our work is consistent with an evolutionary conserved function of Sans in vesicle trafficking...
- Wang S, Tan K, Agosto M, Xiong B, Yamamoto S, Sandoval H, et al. The retromer complex is required for rhodopsin recycling and its loss leads to photoreceptor degeneration. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001847 pubmed publisher..Finally, expressing human Vps26 suppresses PR degeneration in Vps26 mutant PRs. We propose that the retromer plays a conserved role in recycling rhodopsins to maintain PR function and integrity. ..
- Sakuma C, Kawauchi T, Haraguchi S, Shikanai M, Yamaguchi Y, Gelfand V, et al. Drosophila Strip serves as a platform for early endosome organization during axon elongation. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5180 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of an active form of Rab5 in strip-mutant neurons suppresses the axon elongation defects. Thus, Strip acts as a molecular platform for the early endosome organization that has important roles in neuronal morphogenesis. ..