Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Syx5
Description: Syntaxin 5
Alias: BG:DS02740.12, CG4214, DmSyx5, Dmel\CG4214, SED5, SYN5, Sed5, Synx5, Syx, Syx5A, anon-35Fb, anon-35Fd, dSed5, dSed5p, dSyx5, dsed5, l(2)35Ff, sed5, syn5, syx5, syntaxin 5, CG4214-PA, CG4214-PB, Syntaxin5, Syx5-PA, Syx5-PB, dSyntaxin5, lethal(2)35Ff, syntaxin
Species: fruit fly
- Januschke J, Nicolas E, Compagnon J, Formstecher E, Goud B, Guichet A. Rab6 and the secretory pathway affect oocyte polarity in Drosophila. Development. 2007;134:3419-25 pubmed..Our results point to a possible connection between Rab protein-mediated secretion, organization of the cytoskeleton and mRNA transport. ..
- Schotman H, Karhinen L, Rabouille C. dGRASP-mediated noncanonical integrin secretion is required for Drosophila epithelial remodeling. Dev Cell. 2008;14:171-82 pubmed publisher..We speculate that this mechanism might be used during development as a means of targeting a specific subset of transmembrane proteins to the plasma membrane. ..
- Yogev S, Schejter E, Shilo B. Polarized secretion of Drosophila EGFR ligand from photoreceptor neurons is controlled by ER localization of the ligand-processing machinery. PLoS Biol. 2010;8: pubmed publisher..Following this trafficking step, secretion from the axons is regulated in a manner similar to secretion from cell bodies. These findings uncover a role for the ER in trafficking proteins from the neuronal cell body to axon terminus. ..
- Norgate M, Southon A, Greenough M, Cater M, Farlow A, Batterham P, et al. Syntaxin 5 is required for copper homeostasis in Drosophila and mammals. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14303 pubmed publisher..A genome-wide screen for copper homeostasis genes in Drosophila melanogaster identified the SNARE gene Syntaxin 5 (Syx5) as playing an important role in copper regulation; flies heterozygous for a null mutation in Syx5 display ..
- Ricardo S, Lehmann R. An ABC transporter controls export of a Drosophila germ cell attractant. Science. 2009;323:943-6 pubmed publisher..Components of this unconventional export pathway are highly conserved, suggesting that this pathway may control the production of similarly modified chemoattractants in organisms ranging from yeast to humans...
- Meehan T, Kleinsorge S, Timmons A, Taylor J, McCall K. Polarization of the epithelial layer and apical localization of integrins are required for engulfment of apoptotic cells in the Drosophila ovary. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:1603-14 pubmed publisher..This study also establishes the epithelial follicle cells of the Drosophila ovary as a powerful model for understanding the molecular changes required for engulfment by a polarized epithelium. ..
- Norgate M, Southon A, Zou S, Zhan M, Sun Y, Batterham P, et al. Copper homeostasis gene discovery in Drosophila melanogaster. Biometals. 2007;20:683-97 pubmed..Building on this information, there is great potential for the further use of Drosophila for copper homeostasis gene discovery. ..
- Dawson I, Roth S, Artavanis Tsakonas S. The Drosophila cell cycle gene fizzy is required for normal degradation of cyclins A and B during mitosis and has homology to the CDC20 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 1995;129:725-37 pubmed..Our data suggest that fzy function is required for normal cell cycle-regulated proteolysis that is necessary for successful progress through mitosis. ..
- Xu H, Boulianne G, Trimble W. Drosophila syntaxin 16 is a Q-SNARE implicated in Golgi dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4447-55 pubmed..Here we report the identification of the Drosophila homologue of syntaxin 16. dsyntaxin 16 binds SNAP in a concentration-dependent fashion and genetically interacts with NSF2...
- Agaisse H, Burrack L, Philips J, Rubin E, Perrimon N, Higgins D. Genome-wide RNAi screen for host factors required for intracellular bacterial infection. Science. 2005;309:1248-51 pubmed..monocytogenes. ..
- Gaasterland T, Sczyrba A, Thomas E, Aytekin Kurban G, Gordon P, Sensen C. MAGPIE/EGRET annotation of the 2.9-Mb Drosophila melanogaster Adh region. Genome Res. 2000;10:502-10 pubmed..The software modules that add eukaryotic genome annotation capability to MAGPIE are available as EGRET (Eukaryotic Genome Rapid Evaluation Tool). ..
- Zhao X, Yang H, Liu W, Duan X, Shang W, Xia D, et al. Sec22 regulates endoplasmic reticulum morphology but not autophagy and is required for eye development in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:7943-51 pubmed publisher..eyc encodes for a Drosophila p47 protein that is required for membrane fusion. A loss of Syntaxin5 (Syx5), encoding for a t-SNARE on Golgi, also phenocopied the Sec22 mutant...
- Roth S, Neuman Silberberg F, Barcelo G, Sch pbach T. cornichon and the EGF receptor signaling process are necessary for both anterior-posterior and dorsal-ventral pattern formation in Drosophila. Cell. 1995;81:967-78 pubmed
- Cherry S, Kunte A, Wang H, Coyne C, Rawson R, Perrimon N. COPI activity coupled with fatty acid biosynthesis is required for viral replication. PLoS Pathog. 2006;2:e102 pubmed..Additionally, because these pathways are also limiting in flies and in human cells infected with the related RNA virus poliovirus, they may represent novel targets for antiviral therapies. ..
- Willingham A, Keil T. A tissue specific cytochrome P450 required for the structure and function of Drosophila sensory organs. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1289-97 pubmed
- Dumstrei K, Wang F, Hartenstein V. Role of DE-cadherin in neuroblast proliferation, neural morphogenesis, and axon tract formation in Drosophila larval brain development. J Neurosci. 2003;23:3325-35 pubmed..We conclude that DE-cadherin plays a pivotal role in larval brain proliferation, brain cortex morphogenesis, and axon growth. ..
- Rousset R, Bono Lauriol S, Gettings M, Suzanne M, Speder P, Noselli S. The Drosophila serine protease homologue Scarface regulates JNK signalling in a negative-feedback loop during epithelial morphogenesis. Development. 2010;137:2177-86 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results identify the SPH-encoding gene scaf as a new transcriptional target of JNK signalling and reveal the first secreted regulator of the JNK pathway acting in a negative-feedback loop during epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Sechi S, Frappaolo A, Belloni G, Giansanti M. The roles of the oncoprotein GOLPH3 in contractile ring assembly and membrane trafficking during cytokinesis. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:117-21 pubmed publisher..Because cytokinesis failures have been linked with pre-malignant disease and cancer, the novel connection between GOLPH3 and cytokinesis imposes new fields of investigation in cancer biology and therapy. ..
- Gokhale A, Mullin A, Zlatic S, Easley C, Merritt M, Raj N, et al. The N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor and dysbindin interact to modulate synaptic plasticity. J Neurosci. 2015;35:7643-53 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that dysbindin/BLOC-1 expression defects result in altered cellular content of proteins of the vesicle fusion apparatus and therefore influence synaptic plasticity. ..
- Zhang S, Yeromin A, Zhang X, Yu Y, Safrina O, Penna A, et al. Genome-wide RNAi screen of Ca(2+) influx identifies genes that regulate Ca(2+) release-activated Ca(2+) channel activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:9357-62 pubmed..and the single transmembrane-soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive (NSF) attachment receptor (SNARE) protein Syntaxin5 also were required for CRAC channel activity, consistent with a signaling pathway in which Stim senses Ca(2+) ..
- Cruz Garcia D, Ortega Bellido M, Scarpa M, Villeneuve J, Jovic M, Porzner M, et al. Recruitment of arfaptins to the trans-Golgi network by PI(4)P and their involvement in cargo export. EMBO J. 2013;32:1717-29 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings reveal the importance of PI(4)P and PKD in the recruitment of arfaptins at the TGN and their requirement in the events leading to the biogenesis of secretory storage granules. ..
- Mondal B, Shim J, Evans C, Banerjee U. Pvr expression regulators in equilibrium signal control and maintenance of Drosophila blood progenitors. elife. 2014;3:e03626 pubmed publisher..We show that the products of these genes along with the Bip1-interacting protein RpS8 (Ribosomal protein S8) are required for the proper expression of Pvr. ..
- Wagh D, Rasse T, Asan E, Hofbauer A, Schwenkert I, Dürrbeck H, et al. Bruchpilot, a protein with homology to ELKS/CAST, is required for structural integrity and function of synaptic active zones in Drosophila. Neuron. 2006;49:833-44 pubmed..We propose that BRP is critical for intact AZ structure and normal-evoked neurotransmitter release at chemical synapses of Drosophila. ..
- Littleton J, Pallanck L, Ganetzky B. Mechanisms of neurotransmitter release. Int Rev Neurobiol. 1999;43:139-61 pubmed