Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sti
Alias: CG10522, CIT-K, Citron K, DCK, Dmel\CG10522, STI, anon-WO0118547.388, cit, dck, l(3)7m-62, l(3)7m62, l(3)SG21, sti/Citron, sticky, CG10522-PA, CG10522-PB, citron, citron kinase, drosophila citron kinase, sti-PA, sti-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Gai M, Bianchi F, Vagnoni C, Vernì F, Bonaccorsi S, Pasquero S, et al. ASPM and CITK regulate spindle orientation by affecting the dynamics of astral microtubules. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:1396-1409 pubmed..In this report, we show that ASPM may control spindle positioning by interacting with citron kinase (CITK), a protein whose loss is also responsible for severe microcephaly in mammals...
- Wilhelm J, Buszczak M, Sayles S. Efficient protein trafficking requires trailer hitch, a component of a ribonucleoprotein complex localized to the ER in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2005;9:675-85 pubmed..These findings raise exciting new possibilities for how the mRNA localization machinery could interface with the classical secretory pathway to promote efficient protein trafficking in the cell. ..
- Schweisguth F, Vincent A, Lepesant J. Genetic analysis of the cellularization of the Drosophila embryo. Biol Cell. 1991;72:15-23 pubmed..Among them, the serendipity alpha gene encodes a membrane-associated protein, which is exclusively accumulated during cellularization, and is required for the reorganization of the microfilaments as the onset of cellularization. ..
- Das A, Shah S, Fan B, Paik D, DiSanto D, Hinman A, et al. Spindle Assembly and Chromosome Segregation Requires Central Spindle Proteins in Drosophila Oocytes. Genetics. 2016;202:61-75 pubmed publisher..system, that the Centralspindlin component RacGAP50C and downstream regulators of cytokinesis Rho1, Sticky, and RhoGEF2 are required for homologous chromosome bi-orientation in metaphase I oocytes...
- Rocha J, Korolchuk V, Robinson I, O Kane C. A phagocytic route for uptake of double-stranded RNA in RNAi. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19087 pubmed publisher..We could separate this phagocytic uptake route from that for RNAi induced by naked dsRNA. Therefore, phagocytic uptake of dsRNA offers a potential route for systemic spread of RNAi. ..
- D Avino P, Savoian M, Glover D. Cleavage furrow formation and ingression during animal cytokinesis: a microtubule legacy. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1549-58 pubmed..The same mechanism might be conserved in other organisms. ..
- Eggert U, Kiger A, Richter C, Perlman Z, Perrimon N, Mitchison T, et al. Parallel chemical genetic and genome-wide RNAi screens identify cytokinesis inhibitors and targets. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:e379 pubmed..Our study shows that parallel RNA interference and small molecule screening is a generally useful approach to identifying active small molecules and their target pathways...
- Glover D. Abbreviated and regulated cell cycles in Drosophila. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1990;2:258-61 pubmed
- Gatti M, Goldberg M. Mutations affecting cell division in Drosophila. Methods Cell Biol. 1991;35:543-86 pubmed
- Carré C, Szymczak D, Pidoux J, Antoniewski C. The histone H3 acetylase dGcn5 is a key player in Drosophila melanogaster metamorphosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8228-38 pubmed..Our results establish dGcn5 as a major histone H3 acetylase in Drosophila which plays a key role in the control of specific morphogenetic cascades during developmental transitions. ..
- Yin Z, Zhou X, Bakal C, Li F, Sun Y, Perrimon N, et al. Using iterative cluster merging with improved gap statistics to perform online phenotype discovery in the context of high-throughput RNAi screens. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:264 pubmed publisher..In our findings, the proposed method is suitable for online phenotype discovery in diverse high-throughput image-based genetic and chemical screens. ..
- Castellanos E, Dominguez P, Gonzalez C. Centrosome dysfunction in Drosophila neural stem cells causes tumors that are not due to genome instability. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1209-14 pubmed publisher..We propose that such tumors might be caused by impaired asymmetric division of neural stem cells . These results show that centrosome loss, far from being innocuous, is a potentially dangerous condition in flies...
- El Amine N, Kechad A, Jananji S, Hickson G. Opposing actions of septins and Sticky on Anillin promote the transition from contractile to midbody ring. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:487-504 pubmed publisher..away excess membrane from the late CR/nascent MR via internalization, extrusion, and shedding, whereas the citron kinase Sticky acts on the N terminus of Anillin to retain it at the mature MR...
- Slack C, Somers W, Sousa Nunes R, Chia W, Overton P. A mosaic genetic screen for novel mutations affecting Drosophila neuroblast divisions. BMC Genet. 2006;7:33 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate the value of mosaic screens in the identification of genes involved in neuroblast division. ..
- Kunda P, Pelling A, Liu T, Baum B. Moesin controls cortical rigidity, cell rounding, and spindle morphogenesis during mitosis. Curr Biol. 2008;18:91-101 pubmed publisher..In doing so, they help to explain why dynamic changes in cortical architecture are a universal feature of mitosis in animal cells. ..
- Bauer C, Epstein A, Sweeney S, Zarnescu D, Bosco G. Genetic and systems level analysis of Drosophila sticky/citron kinase and dFmr1 mutants reveals common regulation of genetic networks. BMC Syst Biol. 2008;2:101 pubmed publisherIn Drosophila, the genes sticky and dFmr1 have both been shown to regulate cytoskeletal dynamics and chromatin structure. These genes also genetically interact with Argonaute family microRNA regulators...
- Shearn A, Garen A. Genetic control of imaginal disc development in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1974;71:1393-7 pubmed..Thus, both types of disc-specific functions are essential for normal disc development. ..
- Zacharogianni M, Kondylis V, Tang Y, Farhan H, Xanthakis D, Fuchs F, et al. ERK7 is a negative regulator of protein secretion in response to amino-acid starvation by modulating Sec16 membrane association. EMBO J. 2011;30:3684-700 pubmed publisher..These results reveal the existence of new signalling circuits participating in the complex regulation of cell growth. ..