Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: stet
Description: stem cell tumor
Alias: B-Rho, Brho, CG12083, CG12504, CG33166, Dmel\CG33166, Rho-2, Rho2, brho, rho-2, rho2, stem cell tumor, CG33166-PA, CG33166-PB, brother of rhomboid, rhomboid-2, stet-PA, stet-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Kitadate Y, Kobayashi S. Notch and Egfr signaling act antagonistically to regulate germ-line stem cell niche formation in Drosophila male embryonic gonads. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14241-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that SGPs sense PGC number via signals from PGCs to SGPs that modulate niche size, and that this serves as a mechanism for securing GSCs...
- Debat V, Debelle A, Dworkin I. Plasticity, canalization, and developmental stability of the Drosophila wing: joint effects of mutations and developmental temperature. Evolution. 2009;63:2864-76 pubmed publisher..It suggests as well that the developmental processes responsible for developmental stability and environmental canalization might be partially distinct. ..
- Jiang H, Edgar B. EGFR signaling regulates the proliferation of Drosophila adult midgut progenitors. Development. 2009;136:483-93 pubmed publisher..Two stronger EGFR ligands, Spitz and Keren, are expressed by the AMPs themselves and provide an additional, autocrine mitogenic stimulus to the AMPs during late larval stages. ..
- Castro C, Piscopo D, Nakagawa T, Derynck R. Cornichon regulates transport and secretion of TGFalpha-related proteins in metazoan cells. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2454-66 pubmed..Thus, cornichon proteins represent a functionally conserved protein family that acts in the selective transport and maturation of TGFalpha family proteins. ..
- Liu M, Lim T, Cai Y. The Drosophila female germline stem cell lineage acts to spatially restrict DPP function within the niche. Sci Signal. 2010;3:ra57 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal that the reciprocal crosstalk between the GSCs and the somatic cells defines the spatial limits of DPP action and therefore the extent of the GSC niche. ..
- Matsuoka S, Hiromi Y, Asaoka M. Egfr signaling controls the size of the stem cell precursor pool in the Drosophila ovary. Mech Dev. 2013;130:241-53 pubmed publisher..While excess GSC formation is compensated by the adult stage, insufficient GSC formation can lead to adult ovarioles that completely lack GSCs, suggesting that ensuring an absolute size of the PGC pool is crucial for the GSC system...
- Urban S, Brown G, Freeman M. EGF receptor signalling protects smooth-cuticle cells from apoptosis during Drosophila ventral epidermis development. Development. 2004;131:1835-45 pubmed..This strategy might guard against developmental errors, and may be conserved in mammalian epidermal patterning. ..
- Urban S, Freeman M. Substrate specificity of rhomboid intramembrane proteases is governed by helix-breaking residues in the substrate transmembrane domain. Mol Cell. 2003;11:1425-34 pubmed..These results provide an explanation of how rhomboid proteases achieve specificity, and allow some rhomboid substrates to be predicted from sequence information. ..
- Ghiglione C, Bach E, Paraiso Y, Carraway K, Noselli S, Perrimon N. Mechanism of activation of the Drosophila EGF Receptor by the TGFalpha ligand Gurken during oogenesis. Development. 2002;129:175-86 pubmed..We find that the two transmembrane proteins Star and Brho potentiate the activity of mbGrk...
- Herz H, Mohan M, Garrett A, Miller C, Casto D, Zhang Y, et al. Polycomb repressive complex 2-dependent and -independent functions of Jarid2 in transcriptional regulation in Drosophila. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1683-93 pubmed publisher..Identification of Jarid2 as a conserved PRC2 interactor in flies provides an opportunity to begin to probe some of its novel functions in Drosophila development. ..
- Klämbt C. EGF receptor signalling: the importance of presentation. Curr Biol. 2000;10:R388-91 pubmed..Recent studies have shed new light on the role of two transmembrane proteins, Star and Rhomboid, in the presentation and subsequent proteolytic processing of Spitz. ..
- Freeman M. The rhomboid-like superfamily: molecular mechanisms and biological roles. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2014;30:235-54 pubmed publisher..Their potential medical significance is now becoming apparent in several areas. ..
- Barton L, Lovander K, Pinto B, Geyer P. Drosophila male and female germline stem cell niches require the nuclear lamina protein Otefin. Dev Biol. 2016;415:75-86 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data add to growing evidence that LEM-D proteins have critical roles in stem cell survival and tissue homeostasis. ..