Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stam
Description: Signal transducing adaptor molecule
Alias: CG6521, Dmel\CG6521, Dstam, STAM, Stam1, dstam, stam, signal transducing adaptor molecule, CG6521-PA, Stam-PA, signal transducer adaptor molecule, signal-transducing adaptor molecule
Species: fruit fly
- Mattissek C, Teis D. The role of the endosomal sorting complexes required for transport (ESCRT) in tumorigenesis. Mol Membr Biol. 2014;31:111-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore the aim of this review is to provide an overview on different model systems used to study the role of the ESCRT machinery in cancer development, to highlight common grounds and present certain controversies in the field. ..
- Politi Y, Gal L, Kalifa Y, Ravid L, Elazar Z, Arama E. Paternal mitochondrial destruction after fertilization is mediated by a common endocytic and autophagic pathway in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2014;29:305-20 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the ubiquitin ligase Parkin is not involved in PMD, implying a divergence from the autophagic pathway of damaged mitochondria. ..
- Tognon E, Wollscheid N, Cortese K, Tacchetti C, Vaccari T. ESCRT-0 is not required for ectopic Notch activation and tumor suppression in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93987 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that two Drosophila epithelia lacking activity of Stam, the other known components of the ESCRT-0 complex, or of both Hrs and Stam, accumulate the signaling receptors ..
- Moser T, Jones R, Thompson C, Coyne C, Cherry S. A kinome RNAi screen identified AMPK as promoting poxvirus entry through the control of actin dynamics. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000954 pubmed publisher..Therefore, AMPK plays a highly conserved role in poxvirus infection and actin dynamics independent of its role as an energy regulator. ..
- Hombria J, Brown S. The fertile field of Drosophila Jak/STAT signalling. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R569-75 pubmed..Drosophila's streamlined pathway offers a simple model to find new elements and analyse the function of existing ones. ..
- Gomez Lamarca M, Snowdon L, Seib E, Klein T, Bray S. Rme-8 depletion perturbs Notch recycling and predisposes to pathogenic signaling. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:303-18 pubmed publisher..Likewise, depletion of ESCRT-0 components Hrs or Stam in combination with Rme-8 also led to high levels of ectopic Notch activity...
- Sheng Z, Yu L, Zhang T, Pei X, Li X, Zhang Z, et al. ESCRT-0 complex modulates Rbf-mutant cell survival by regulating Rhomboid endosomal trafficking and EGFR signaling. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:2075-84 pubmed publisher..we identified synthetic lethal interactions between mutations of fly Rb (rbf) and the ESCRT-0 components stam and hrs We show that inactivation of ESCRT-0 sensitizes rbf-mutant cells to undergo apoptosis through inhibition of ..
- Loncle N, Agromayor M, Martin Serrano J, Williams D. An ESCRT module is required for neuron pruning. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8461 pubmed publisher..Furthermore we show that this ESCRT module requires a direct, in vivo, interaction between Shrub/CHMP4B and the accessory protein Myopic/HD-PTP. ..