Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sta
Alias: 37LRP/p40, CG14792, Dmel\CG14792, EG:80H7.6, Lam-r, P40, Rp 40, Rp40, RpSA, STA, Sta, anon-EST:Liang-2.56, chrX:1339078..1339216, clone 2.56, k14, l(1)2Af, l(1)G0130, l(1)G0448, stubarista, CG14792-PA, CG14792-PB, CG14792-PE, CG14792-PF, Laminin-receptor, laminin receptor, ribosomal protein SA, sta-PA, sta-PB, sta-PE, sta-PF
Species: fruit fly
- Mazina O, Beliaeva E, Grafodatskaia V, Zhimulev I. [The effect of locus ecs in Drosophila melanogaster on fertility of females]. Genetika. 1990;26:1038-45 pubmed..Sterile were all fully viable compounds carrying any of these mutations and rearrangements Df (1) sta, T(1; 3)sta, Df(1)St490, previously localized on the molecular map distally to the ecs locus...
- Pokholkova G, Makunin I, Belyaeva E, Zhimulev I. Observations on the induction of position effect variegation of euchromatic genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1993;134:231-42 pubmed..Thus, a 20-kb heterochromatic sequence does not inactivate euchromatin joined to it. ..
- Regnard C, Straub T, Mitterweger A, Dahlsveen I, Fabian V, Becker P. Global analysis of the relationship between JIL-1 kinase and transcription. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001327 pubmed publisher..We hypothesise that one specific role of JIL-1 may be to reinforce, rather than to establish, the status of active chromatin through the phosphorylation of histone H3 at serine 10. ..
- Nakahara K, Kim K, Sciulli C, Dowd S, Minden J, Carthew R. Targets of microRNA regulation in the Drosophila oocyte proteome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12023-8 pubmed..The preponderance of genes that control global protein abundance suggests this process is under tight control by miRNAs at the onset of fertilization. ..
- Gailite I, Egger Adam D, Wodarz A. The phosphoinositide-associated protein Rush hour regulates endosomal trafficking in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:433-47 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Rush controls trafficking from early to late endosomes and from late endosomes to lysosomes by modulating the activity of Rab proteins. ..
- Proust J, Prudhommeau C, Ladeveze V, Gotteland M, Fontyne Branchard M. I-R hybrid dysgenesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Use of in situ hybridization to show the association of I factor DNA with induced sex-linked recessive lethals. Mutat Res. 1992;268:265-85 pubmed..Two rearrangement formation mechanisms are envisaged: crossing-over and 'target' exchanges. ..
- Creagh E, Brumatti G, Sheridan C, Duriez P, Taylor R, Cullen S, et al. Bicaudal is a conserved substrate for Drosophila and mammalian caspases and is essential for cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5055 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that bicaudal/betaNAC is essential for cell survival and is a conserved target of caspases from flies to man. ..
- Torok I, Herrmann Horle D, Kiss I, Tick G, Speer G, Schmitt R, et al. Down-regulation of RpS21, a putative translation initiation factor interacting with P40, produces viable minute imagos and larval lethality with overgrown hematopoietic organs and imaginal discs. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2308-21 pubmed..RpS21 can interact strongly with P40, a ribosomal peripheral protein encoded by the stubarista (sta) gene...
- Mazina O, Belyaeva E, Zhimulev I. Cytogenetical analysis of the 2B3-4-2B11 region of the X chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster. VII. Influence of the ecs locus on female fertility. Mol Gen Genet. 1991;225:99-105 pubmed..Viable heterozygotes carrying any of these mutations and the rearrangements Df(1)sta, T(1;3)sta, Df(1)St490, previously localized distal to the ecs locus, were also sterile...