Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sr-CI
Description: Scavenger receptor class C, type I
Alias: CG4099, CT9876, D-SR-CI, DSR-CI, Dmel\CG4099, SR-C1, SR-CI, Sr-C1, Sr-Cl, dSR-C1, dSR-CI, dSRC-I, dScR-I, scavenger receptor class C, type I, CG4099-PA, CG4099-PB, Sr-CI-PA, Sr-CI-PB, scavenger receptor, scavenger receptor C, type I, scavenger receptor class C, scavenger receptor class C, type 1
Species: fruit fly
- Douglas A, Bouvaine S, Russell R. How the insect immune system interacts with an obligate symbiotic bacterium. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:333-8 pubmed publisher..They support the proposed contribution of the Buchnera symbiosis to the evolution of the apparently reduced immune function in the aphid host. ..
- Franc N. Phagocytosis of apoptotic cells in mammals, caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila melanogaster: molecular mechanisms and physiological consequences. Front Biosci. 2002;7:d1298-313 pubmed..Drosophila melanogaster will become the model of choice in genetically dissecting the molecular mechanisms underlying phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by 'professional' phagocytes such as macrophages. ..
- Philips J, Rubin E, Perrimon N. Drosophila RNAi screen reveals CD36 family member required for mycobacterial infection. Science. 2005;309:1251-3 pubmed..fortuitum, which suggests a conserved role for class B SRs in pattern recognition and innate immunity...
- Horiguchi T, Fuka M, Fujisawa K, Tanimura A, Miyoshi K, Murakami R, et al. Adenylate kinase 2 deficiency limits survival and regulates various genes during larval stages of Drosophila melanogaster. J Med Invest. 2014;61:137-50 pubmed..These data indicate that adenine nucleotide interconversion by Dak2 is crucial for developmental processes of Drosophila melanogaster. ..
- Lazzaro B. Elevated polymorphism and divergence in the class C scavenger receptors of Drosophila melanogaster and D. simulans. Genetics. 2005;169:2023-34 pubmed publisherb>Scavenger receptor proteins are involved in the cellular internalization of a broad variety of foreign material, including pathogenic bacteria during phagocytosis...
- Schlenke T, Begun D. Linkage disequilibrium and recent selection at three immunity receptor loci in Drosophila simulans. Genetics. 2005;169:2013-22 pubmed publisher..simulans population sample and may be a result of novel pathogen-mediated selection pressures encountered during establishment of non-African populations...
- Franc N, White K. Innate recognition systems in insect immunity and development: new approaches in Drosophila. Microbes Infect. 2000;2:243-50 pubmed..How particles are recognized is not well understood. Studies in insects, and Drosophila in particular, argue that these are powerful model systems to dissect this process. ..
- Dearolf C. Fruit fly "leukemia". Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1377:M13-23 pubmed
- Dimarcq J, Imler J, Lanot R, Ezekowitz R, Hoffmann J, Janeway C, et al. Treatment of l(2)mbn Drosophila tumorous blood cells with the steroid hormone ecdysone amplifies the inducibility of antimicrobial peptide gene expression. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 1997;27:877-86 pubmed..We also report that expression of several regulatory molecules thought to be involved in the immune response is up-regulated by ecdysone in l(2)mbn cells. ..
- Meister M. Blood cells of Drosophila: cell lineages and role in host defence. Curr Opin Immunol. 2004;16:10-5 pubmed..Crystal cells and lamellocytes have no clear mammalian homologues. Research into the molecular mechanisms that underlie the various immune functions of Drosophila blood cells, such as non-self recognition, is now taking wing. ..
- Lavine M, Strand M. Insect hemocytes and their role in immunity. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;32:1295-309 pubmed..Cross-talk between the immune and nervous system may also play a role in regulating inflammation-like responses in insects during infection. ..
- Rocha J, Korolchuk V, Robinson I, O Kane C. A phagocytic route for uptake of double-stranded RNA in RNAi. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19087 pubmed publisher..We could separate this phagocytic uptake route from that for RNAi induced by naked dsRNA. Therefore, phagocytic uptake of dsRNA offers a potential route for systemic spread of RNAi. ..
- Ye Y, McGraw E. Adult Drosophila melanogaster evolved for antibacterial defense invest in infection-induced expression of both humoral and cellular immunity genes. BMC Res Notes. 2011;4:305 pubmed publisher..The similarity in fold change increase across all immunity genes may suggest a shared mechanism for the evolution of increased transcription in small, discrete units such as duplication of cis-regulatory elements. ..