Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Spt6
Alias: CG12225, Dmel\CG12225, Dspt6, SPT6, dSpt6, dspt6, l(1)G0063, spt 6, spt6, Spt6, CG12225-PA, CG12225-PB, Spt6-PA, Spt6-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Straub T, Neumann M, Prestel M, Kremmer E, Kaether C, Haass C, et al. Stable chromosomal association of MSL2 defines a dosage-compensated nuclear compartment. Chromosoma. 2005;114:352-64 pubmed..Our findings have profound implications for the mechanism underlying dosage compensation and furthermore provide a new, conceptual reference of stability in an otherwise highly dynamic nuclear environment...
- Kaplan C, Morris J, Wu C, Winston F. Spt5 and spt6 are associated with active transcription and have characteristics of general elongation factors in D. melanogaster. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2623-34 pubmedThe Spt4, Spt5, and Spt6 proteins are conserved throughout eukaryotes and are believed to play critical and related roles in transcription...
- Anderson A, Galko M. Rapid clearance of epigenetic protein reporters from wound edge cells in Drosophila larvae does not depend on the JNK or PDGFR/VEGFR signaling pathways. Regeneration (Oxf). 2014;1:11-25 pubmed..Three downregulated proteins, Osa, Kismet, and Spt6, are generally associated with active chromatin, while four others, Sin3A, Sap130, Mi-2, and Mip120, are associated ..
- Dorighi K, Tamkun J. The trithorax group proteins Kismet and ASH1 promote H3K36 dimethylation to counteract Polycomb group repression in Drosophila. Development. 2013;140:4182-92 pubmed publisher..These and other findings suggest that KIS antagonizes Polycomb group repression by facilitating ASH1-dependent H3K36 dimethylation. ..
- Neumüller R, Wirtz Peitz F, Lee S, Kwon Y, BUCKNER M, Hoskins R, et al. Stringent analysis of gene function and protein-protein interactions using fluorescently tagged genes. Genetics. 2012;190:931-40 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that fluorescent traps, paired with recombinant nanobodies and mass spectrometry, allow the study of endogenous protein complexes in Drosophila. ..
- Chiang P, Wei W, Gibson K, Bodmer R, Kurnit D. A fluorescent quantitative PCR approach to map gene deletions in the Drosophila genome. Genetics. 1999;153:1313-6 pubmed..For a model system, we used this technology to confirm the X chromosomal mapping of Dspt6 given the autosomal mapping of Dspt4...
- Buscaino A, Legube G, Akhtar A. X-chromosome targeting and dosage compensation are mediated by distinct domains in MSL-3. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:531-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that MSL-3 localization to the male X chromosome and transcriptional upregulation of X-linked genes are two separable functions of the MSL-3 protein. ..
- Yokoyama R, Pannuti A, Ling H, Smith E, Lucchesi J. A plasmid model system shows that Drosophila dosage compensation depends on the global acetylation of histone H4 at lysine 16 and is not affected by depletion of common transcription elongation chromatin marks. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7865-70 pubmed
- Smith S, Petruk S, Sedkov Y, Cho E, Tillib S, Canaani E, et al. Modulation of heat shock gene expression by the TAC1 chromatin-modifying complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:162-7 pubmed..3). The subsequent recruitment of several other factors, including Spt5, Spt6 and FACT, is believed to facilitate Pol II elongation through nucleosomes downstream of the start site...
- Breiling A, O Neill L, D Eliseo D, Turner B, Orlando V. Epigenome changes in active and inactive polycomb-group-controlled regions. EMBO Rep. 2004;5:976-82 pubmed..These PcG-specific repressive marks are maintained by the action of the E(z) HMT, an enzyme that has an important role not only in establishing but also in maintaining PcG repression. ..
- Saunders A, Werner J, Andrulis E, Nakayama T, Hirose S, Reinberg D, et al. Tracking FACT and the RNA polymerase II elongation complex through chromatin in vivo. Science. 2003;301:1094-6 pubmed..kinetics of recruitment and of chromosome tracking in vivo similar to Pol II and elongation factors Spt5 and Spt6. Interestingly, FACT does not colocalize with Pol III-transcribed genes, which are known to undergo nucleosome ..
- Choudhury S, Singh A, McLeod T, Blanchette M, Jang B, Badenhorst P, et al. Exon junction complex proteins bind nascent transcripts independently of pre-mRNA splicing in Drosophila melanogaster. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, our data indicate a global role of eIF4AIII in gene expression, which would be independent of Y14 and MAGO, splicing, and of the EJC, as currently understood. ..
- Petesch S, Lis J. Rapid, transcription-independent loss of nucleosomes over a large chromatin domain at Hsp70 loci. Cell. 2008;134:74-84 pubmed publisher..An RNAi screen of 28 transcription and chromatin-related factors reveals that depletion of heat shock factor, GAGA Factor, or Poly(ADP)-Ribose Polymerase or its activity abolishes the loss of nucleosomes upon Hsp70 activation. ..
- Petruk S, Sedkov Y, Riley K, Hodgson J, Schweisguth F, Hirose S, et al. Transcription of bxd noncoding RNAs promoted by trithorax represses Ubx in cis by transcriptional interference. Cell. 2006;127:1209-21 pubmed..We propose that TAC1 promotes the mosaic pattern of Ubx expression by facilitating transcriptional elongation of bxd ncRNAs, which represses Ubx transcription. ..
- Andrulis E, Werner J, Nazarian A, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Lis J. The RNA processing exosome is linked to elongating RNA polymerase II in Drosophila. Nature. 2002;420:837-41 pubmed..Here we show that Drosophila Spt6 (dSpt6) co-purifies with the exosome, a complex of 3' to 5' exoribonucleases that is implicated in the processing of ..