Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: spt4
Alias: 142904_at, CG12372, DSIF, Dmel\CG12372, Dspt4, SPT4, Spt4, dDSIF, dspt4, l(2)k05316, spt4, CG12372-PA, DSIF, spt4-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Petruk S, Sedkov Y, Riley K, Hodgson J, Schweisguth F, Hirose S, et al. Transcription of bxd noncoding RNAs promoted by trithorax represses Ubx in cis by transcriptional interference. Cell. 2006;127:1209-21 pubmed..We propose that TAC1 promotes the mosaic pattern of Ubx expression by facilitating transcriptional elongation of bxd ncRNAs, which represses Ubx transcription. ..
- Furuhashi H, Nakajima M, Hirose S. DNA supercoiling factor contributes to dosage compensation in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:4475-83 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that SCF plays a role in transcriptional activation via alteration of chromatin structure and provide evidence that SCF contributes to dosage compensation. ..
- Chiang P, Wei W, Gibson K, Bodmer R, Kurnit D. A fluorescent quantitative PCR approach to map gene deletions in the Drosophila genome. Genetics. 1999;153:1313-6 pubmed..model system, we used this technology to confirm the X chromosomal mapping of Dspt6 given the autosomal mapping of Dspt4. We then used this technique on both preexisting deletion mutant flies and flies that we generated with deletions ..
- Adams J. Characterization of a Drosophila melanogaster orthologue of muskelin. Gene. 2002;297:69-78 pubmed..These findings provide new information on the modular structure of muskelin and indicate potential for conserved mechanisms of function. ..
- Leventis P, Chow B, Stewart B, Iyengar B, Campos A, Boulianne G. Drosophila Amphiphysin is a post-synaptic protein required for normal locomotion but not endocytosis. Traffic. 2001;2:839-50 pubmed..However, Drosophila Amphiphysin function is required in both larvae and adults for normal locomotion. ..
- Chopra V, Cande J, Hong J, Levine M. Stalled Hox promoters as chromosomal boundaries. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1505-9 pubmed publisher..are dependent on general transcription factors that inhibit Pol II elongation, including components of the DSIF and NELF complexes...
- Sawarkar R, Sievers C, Paro R. Hsp90 globally targets paused RNA polymerase to regulate gene expression in response to environmental stimuli. Cell. 2012;149:807-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings add a molecular dimension to the chaperone's functionality with wide ramifications into its roles in health, disease, and evolution. ..
- Harvey R, Schuster E, Jennings B. Pleiohomeotic interacts with the core transcription elongation factor Spt5 to regulate gene expression in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70184 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Pho can interact with Spt5 to regulate transcription elongation in a gene specific manner. ..
- Buscaino A, Legube G, Akhtar A. X-chromosome targeting and dosage compensation are mediated by distinct domains in MSL-3. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:531-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that MSL-3 localization to the male X chromosome and transcriptional upregulation of X-linked genes are two separable functions of the MSL-3 protein. ..
- Deuring R, Fanti L, Armstrong J, Sarte M, Papoulas O, Prestel M, et al. The ISWI chromatin-remodeling protein is required for gene expression and the maintenance of higher order chromatin structure in vivo. Mol Cell. 2000;5:355-65 pubmed..These findings reveal novel functions for the ISWI ATPase and underscore its importance in chromatin remodeling in vivo...