Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: spel1
Alias: BG:DS01068.9, CG4215, Dmel\CG4215, Msh2, SPEL1, spel, spel-1, spellchecker1, CG4215-PA, CG4215-PD, CG4215-PE, CG4215-PF, spel1-PA, spel1-PD, spel1-PE, spel1-PF, spellchecker, spellchecker 1
Species: fruit fly
- Wegman L, Ainsley J, Johnson W. Developmental timing of a sensory-mediated larval surfacing behavior correlates with cessation of feeding and determination of final adult size. Dev Biol. 2010;345:170-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a peripheral sensory mechanism functioning to alter the relationship between the animal and its environment thereby contributing to the length of the larval TGP and determination of final adult size. ..
- Williams S, Wilson J, Clark A, Mitson Salazar A, Tomashevski A, Ananth S, et al. Functional and physical interaction between the mismatch repair and FA-BRCA pathways. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:4395-410 pubmed publisher..Here we show that FANCD2 interacts with the MMR proteins MSH2 and MLH1...
- Ellegren H. Mismatch repair and mutational bias in microsatellite DNA. Trends Genet. 2002;18:552 pubmed
- Jackson S, Whitworth A, Greene J, Libby R, Baccam S, Pallanck L, et al. A SCA7 CAG/CTG repeat expansion is stable in Drosophila melanogaster despite modulation of genomic context and gene dosage. Gene. 2005;347:35-41 pubmed..In all cases, perfect repeat stability was preserved, suggesting that Drosophila may not be a suitable system for determining the molecular basis of SCA7 CAG repeat instability. ..
- Zhong L, Hwang R, Tracey W. Pickpocket is a DEG/ENaC protein required for mechanical nociception in Drosophila larvae. Curr Biol. 2010;20:429-34 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that neurons that detect harsh touch in Drosophila utilize similar mechanosensory molecules. ..