Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Spc105R
Alias: CG11451, DmSpc105, Dmel\CG11451, KNL1, Spc105, dmKNL-1, dmSpc105R, spc105R, Spc105-related, CG11451-PA, CG11451-PB, Spc105R-PA, Spc105R-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Feijão T, Afonso O, Maia A, Sunkel C. Stability of kinetochore-microtubule attachment and the role of different KMN network components in Drosophila. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2013;70:661-75 pubmed publisher..involves a conserved super-complex of proteins, known as the KNL1Mis12Ndc80 (KMN) network, composed by the KNL1 (Spc105), Mis12, and Ndc80 complexes...
- Richter M, Poznanski J, Zdziarska A, Czarnocki Cieciura M, Lipinszki Z, Dadlez M, et al. Network of protein interactions within the Drosophila inner kinetochore. Open Biol. 2016;6:150238 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude the organization of the Mis12-Nnf1 dimer confers upon the Mis12 complex a bipolar, elongated structure that is critical for kinetochore function. ..
- Przewloka M, Venkei Z, Glover D. Searching for Drosophila Dsn1 kinetochore protein. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:1292-3 pubmed..Here we speculate that Drosophila Spc105R, a protein very much diverged from its counterparts in other species, might not only be playing the role of ..
- Lipinszki Z, Lefevre S, Savoian M, Singleton M, Glover D, Przewloka M. Centromeric binding and activity of Protein Phosphatase 4. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5894 pubmed publisher..We also show that binding of Flfl to CENP-C is required to bring PP4 activity to centromeres to maintain CENP-C and attached core kinetochore proteins at chromosomes during mitosis. ..
- Radford S, Hoang T, GÅ‚uszek A, Ohkura H, McKim K. Lateral and End-On Kinetochore Attachments Are Coordinated to Achieve Bi-orientation in Drosophila Oocytes. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005605 pubmed publisher..We have examined oocytes lacking two kinetochore proteins, NDC80 and SPC105R, and a centromere-associated motor protein, CENP-E, to characterize the impact of kinetochore-microtubule ..
- Derive N, Landmann C, Montembault E, Claverie M, Pierre Elies P, Goutte Gattat D, et al. Bub3-BubR1-dependent sequestration of Cdc20Fizzy at DNA breaks facilitates the correct segregation of broken chromosomes. J Cell Biol. 2015;211:517-32 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that the Bub3-BubR1 complex on broken DNA inhibits the APC/C locally via the sequestration of Cdc20, thus promoting proper transmission of broken chromosomes. ..